Biotest

Question Regarding V-Diet Timing

Hey Chris,

I posted the following on another thread and wanted to start a new one.

Thanks

Hey Chris,

I’ve got a bit of a dilema and could use your advice. I’m 25 and recently relocated to Chicago where i put on about 15-20 lbs in my first year. I’ve been looking to get back in shape for some time now and decided to use an upcoming trip as motivation to make it happen now. My trip is in 6 weeks and I just resumed a consistent work out schedule for the first time in about a year…

My question, is whether I have enough time to use the V-diet? My plan is to use this week to prep - i.e. order my supplements, continue to eat better and get in another week at the gym. From there, I was going to do the 4 week plan and then 1 week to transition. But is a 1 week too little to transition off???

My trip won’t be conducive to adherring to a strict diet and work out plan, but I’m dying to use the V-diet now to kick-start my reversal…considering how well others have done on it.

I’ve reached the point where I want to make some long term changes. I’ve never done a strict diet before as i’ve always been in somewhat decent shape, so this plan entices me, because of it’s simplicity - i.e. i won’t have to manuever the kitchen…

Thus, i guess i have a few questions for you:

• should i use the v-diet plan now or pick another one for now and use the v-diet when i’m back from vacation to get in even better shape for the holidays?

• if i use the v-diet, is one week tranisition enough? Will i experience major yo-yo reversals on my vacation if i’m not on a strict diet??

• if i use v-diet now before my vacation, how soon would i be able to use it again after my vacation?

I’m looking forward to my vacation, but am almost a little upset it’s so soon, as i want to get serious about changing my build and don’t want to waste anymore time.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give.

While a two-week Transition is idea, a one-week plan can work in a pinch. (The original plan barely even had a Transition actually, but we know now that a planned coming-off period is better.)

Try this – First three days of Transition: 1 healthy solid meal per day, the rest shakes. Then do a couple of days of 2 solid healthy meals per day, then finally 3 HSMs for the last couple of days of that week. That should be fine given your situation.

You can do another V-Diet is 4-6 weeks, though I’ve never really established any “rules” for this period.

On another note, eating well on vacation is easier than you think. “On vacation” is often just an excuse we use to justify what we want to do anyway, in this case eating crap foods. I’ve eaten perfectly healthfully in Mexico, Thailand, Vegas, Jamaica, Disney World, etc. Pack some shakes, a shaker bottle or travel blender, and healthy snacks, then choose the best foods you can.