Biotest

Q's about V-Diet for Fiance, a Hot Yoga Instructor

Hey Chris,
I plan on doing the V-Diet on June 1st, and my Fiance is interested but doesn’t want to interrupt her practice. I know that teaching and demonstrating could go for her NEPA, but she still wants to keep her personal practice going while on the diet for 3-4 days a week.

Her style of yoga is Hot Vinyasa/ Bikram Yoga, and its pretty challenging if you don’t slack and do everything correctly. The sessions are around 1 to 1 1/2 hours long. I go once a week and I would say its about as intense as running 4-5 miles at a good pace. (For others reading, look into this, its great! Its helped me surpass a few plateus, and I grew an inch after a month from my spine stretching.)

Giving up yoga for 6 weeks is not an option for her. Do you have any suggestions on any variations or modifications we could make to the workout plan to make it work for her? Worst case scenario she just carb cycles or something while I stick to all the shakes…

Thanks in advance!

_John

She can skip NEPA and do the diet as planned for one week. Evaluate from there. She may not need any changes.

Haha, your topic title is long, and showed up on the main list as "Q’s about V-Diet for Fiance, a Hot … ". I was hoping for anything other than the word “yoga” to be the next word, and pictures of course. Haha, best of luck to her :slight_smile:

Ok that sounds good, and I assume you mean evaluate her to watch and make sure she doesn’t overtrain. I’ll run it by her and see what she thinks.

Thanks Chris.

[quote]matthew_gray wrote:
Haha, your topic title is long, and showed up on the main list as "Q’s about V-Diet for Fiance, a Hot … ". I was hoping for anything other than the word “yoga” to be the next word, and pictures of course. Haha, best of luck to her :)[/quote]
Bwaha I just noticed that :slight_smile:

How did you grow and inch from stretching your spine?

[quote]bwbski wrote:
How did you grow and inch from stretching your spine?
[/quote]

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, works been hell. In yoga there are spine lengthening poses such as childs pose, down dog, and rabbit pose to name a few that help elongate your spine. Over the course of a month or so of a lot of yoga (she was starting her teacher training and I was interested in helping) I had a physical at work and they said that I was an inch taller than what was in my record.

I’m guessing its kind of like being taller in the morning due to the disks in your spine being hydrated from no pressure? You do a lot of inversions in yoga… They also say Bikram Yoga can make your junk bigger too…? (google it, i found this link on the first page: http://www.asylum.com/2010/01/07/bikram-yoga-may-increase-erection-size/ )

I guess between the spine stuff and all the good things yoga has done for my knee and hip joints I’m now 6’4" instead of 6’3".

All I know is I’ll stick to lifting for 4 days a week and do hot yoga 1 day a week from now on.