Biotest

Pumpkin Cream Pies

Here is a recipe I saw online today. I will try this using almond flour/splenda and let you know how it turns out.

The only thing that really I’m not sure about is replacing powdered sugar with splenda-- does it usually come out the same?

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (if you donâ??t have it, you can use 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp ground ginger, and 1/16 tsp each ground nutmeg and ground allspice )
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tbsp heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 375. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg, and beat until combined. Gradually beat in dry ingredients until incorporated. Line a baking sheet (or 2) with tin foil, and scoop 16 heaping tbsp of dough onto the sheet, about 2 inches part. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until they begin to brown around the edges. Let cool for at least 5 minutes. While cookies are baking beat together powedered sugar sugar, cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth and spreadable. Spread cream filling onto 8 of the cookies, and top with other halves.