Biotest

Pulsing with Plazma

Is there a recommended protocol for pulsing with Plazma instead of MAG-10 on occasion? Before or after training or meals?

There’s no written protocol for pulsing with <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma though I’ve heard Tim Patterson himself say that would work.

Generally speaking, Plazma is a workout drink to be used just before and during lifting, but I wouldn’t sweat the occasional serving between meals. I believe Christian Thibaudeau had one of his athletes do that during an off week to get her out of an overtraining rut.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
There’s no written protocol for pulsing with <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma though I’ve heard Tim Patterson himself say that would work.

Generally speaking, Plazma is a workout drink to be used just before and during lifting, but I wouldn’t sweat the occasional serving between meals. I believe Christian Thibaudeau had one of his athletes do that during an off week to get her out of an overtraining rut. [/quote]

I was thinking of CT when I wrote it actually, he said he tried pulsing with Plazma during the day instead of MAG-10, maybe he’ll see this?

I’d drop a note in Christian’s forum as well since he’s experimented with this: <a href="http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_thibaudeau?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop"target=“new”>Christian Thibaudeau Forum

Pulse with Plazma Like Mag-10 if Cycling Carbs?

I asked a very similar question in one of the Live Spill’s, and CT indicated that he did indeed pulse with Plazma in the beginning and it did indeed result in better recovery and results. However, due to his health issues (he has had some heart issues in the past), he has to be very careful about the amount of electrolytes he takes in.

I think for size and recovery, Plazma pulses are awesome. But the cost of doing this pricewise versus MAG-10 pulses is pretty prohibitive for most, and the electolyte issues for those with some health issues needs to be watched.

Now…if Biotest would make sell their carb formula that is in Plazma (the cyclic dextrins plus the Isomaltulose) minus all the electrolytes, casein hydrolosate, and the other goodies (for example, the citruline mallate), we could “add” this to our MAG-10 pulses in proportions that meet our individual goals. I would love to add 25 grams extra of this carb formula to my MAG-10 pulses for example.

If there is a reason why this is not a good idea, I would love to hear about the reason.

I-3G (6 caps) followed by MAG-10 (1 serving) AND HBCD (25 grams) = awesome

awesome = fcking_pumped_all_day + strong_as_sht

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
I-3G (6 caps) followed by MAG-10 (1 serving) AND HBCD (25 grams) = awesome

awesome = fcking_pumped_all_day + strong_as_sht[/quote]

I just realized I can’t simply post this without some additional info. The above is after roughly a week of an experiment I’m running. A week is not enough time to really gauge how good a protocol is…I think a minimum of 3 months is required.

Here it is:

Got some HBCD (can’t say where) right around the time I posted about wishing Biotest would put out their own carb product. Still wish Biotest would make something, but I couldn’t wait.

The Hypothesis: If Plazma pulses are awesome, as indicated by some experimentation done by CT and some by myself early on, I think the reason is due primarily to the added HBCD in the Plazma formula. It is understood that the other ingredients like citruline mallate, electrolyte formula, etc that is present in Plazma might also be the reason why Plazma has been as effective as it was for the pulsing experiment, but I’m of the opinion that too much electrolytes (when not really needed) and the other ingredients are actually probably more harmful than good over the long haul.

The Plan: For 2 or 3 planned MAG-10 pulses during the day, on the pulse feast type protocol, add in approximately 25 to 30 grams of HBCD to one serving (2 scoups) of MAG-10 in 750 ml of water. Note the addition of 250 ml of water due to the addition of HBCD. The last MAG-10 pulse of the day does not have any HBCD in it as it is the pulse right before bed. The two (or 3) pulses that adds HBCD is preceeded by I-3G, 6 caps. On training days, this sometimes means I might take up to 24 caps of I-3G a day; this is not something I plan on doing alot of as I want to stay at 12 caps on non-training days and 18 on training days (6 caps before Plazma intake).

Measurables: Weight, fat (caliper), strength (number of reps at working weight). Note: it is understood that calipers are not very accurate at determining body fat percentage, but it is the primary method I have used for a long time. The caliper method as performed by my training associate who is experienced in this have been close to any other method I had used before (bod pod primarily). Not all the time, but reasonably close.

Problems with the experiment: I’m also using HOT-ROX and Carbolin-19 rather regularly now, so the measureables might be thrown off if one looked at this real technically. But one cap of HOT-ROX and one cap of Carbolin-19 a day probably doesn’t influence this experiment much if at all.

Early results: after about a week, as mentioned above, I’m determining that the combo of MAG-10 + extra HBCD taken as a couple pulses a day is awesome. NO measureables were recorded just yet as measureables will be taken once a month. The early results are simply my “perception” and the increase in number of reps at working poundages without extra perceived effort.

I can say that for my powerlifting meet I pulsed with plazma quite a bit. I think I went through 12 scoops.

I didn’t experience any crash throughout the meet and felt strong the whole way through. There was a short bout of GI distress before deadlifts but I imagine it was due to the multiple liters of water by then. It was around 1PM and I had been having fluids since 6:30 in 1L increments.

I think plazma pulsing is great. Especially when you’re in constant need of nutrients. I found my strength to be top notch all day.

If I ever get ready for another large muscle gain phase, I would play around with pulsing plazma between meals. Interestingly enough it could also be used inbetween meals during a dieting phase. I imagine this would lead to better performance in the gym and allow for some good hormone responses throughout the day.