Biotest

Pulse Feast/Pulse Fast/Velocity Diet

Chris I posted this in the supplement forum also.

I’m really behind schedule in getting cut for summer so I am desperate for an extreme quick method to drop 10-12 lbs in a month. Ive looked into all 3 diets starting with V diet.

There’s no way I can do Pulse Feast. I would suffer to much having only 3scoops MAG-10 for breakfast and then lunch with only one feast at night.

I like the V Diet because you’re ingesting something steadily throughout the day with one meal at night since I eat fairly close to this type of schedule normally anyway. Only problem is the micellular casein in the Metabolic Drive gives me minor gastro issues here and there.

The Pulse Fast is out because there’s no way I can survive doing MAG-10 pulses all day with no food.

So in the end I thought about doing V Diet with MAG-10 pulsing throughout the day and the one meal at night. Or maybe some type of combo with both types of protein to limit amount of Metabolic Drive.

Anyone ever try this or any opinions on this? Is it not optimal compared to V Diet? I guess I can suffer through the Metabolic Drive gastro issues for 28 days since the issues aren’t severe.

I am definitely looking forward to Chris’s answer for the main part of your question. I can only address something very closely related:

Clearly you’re talking about a very strong effect you’re experiencing. Having the pulse fast would, as what you experience, be practically intolerable.

A key thing however is that while absolutely perceived as real, it’s a real question as to why this is occurring. What is happening is not bad. Your body is not being starved. Any number of people feel absolutely fine. Rather than just take it as natural and inevitable, it’s an important question why this is occurring to you, and/or (more importantly) is it inevitable or can the problem disappear?

One thing learned by scientific research in recent years is that gut bacteria, through the vagus nerve and by effect on various signaling hormones including leptin and ghrelin, absolutely can drive host (that’s you) eating behavior both through cravings and dysphoria (bad feelings) to get the nutrients they want, to their benefit not yours.

It’s not beneficial at all to dieting or to body composition to be under this control. In reality, nothing bad is happening. The signaling you’re getting about how bad the situation is is not reflective of how badly your body is doing, but most likely from gut bacteria not getting what they want, and causing signals for you to eat what they want.

The cool and useful thing is that it does not take a great deal of time of having your diet your way, which can include dieting plans such as this, before bacterial populations shift to favor those which do well on your current diet. And therefore do not cause you this dysphoria, nor are the cravings generated.

Whether that’s the explanation or not, again and again the actual situation is that the difficulty is in and of itself a problem, and toughing it through results in it soon not being a problem, and with lasting benefit of eating being under your control without cravings or dysphoria driving your choices.

Man sorry to hear about the gastro issues with the MD! You may not have to go too extreme if you’re still training hard. Here’s a possible plan you could do, I started this two weeks ago, already down 6 lbs, based off of the 5/2 plan: https://www.T-Nation.com/diet-fat-loss/5-2-fat-loss-diet-for-lifters. I’ve found this plan very manageable and so far very effective!

Mostly protein/fat/veggie meals except for the workout window. I do have 2 slices of ezekiel bread on Tuesday/Saturday non training days, low glycemic index, very healthy and helps me not feel as though I’m giving up too much.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Training day (full body program currently)
Tuesday, Saturday - No training, nutrition is the same except no workout carbs
Thursday, Sunday - low day, fasted walk mid-day

Training Day Nutrition
8am breakfast - 1 egg, 3 or 4 egg whites, 3oz turkey, grass fed cheddar, veggies and organic salad greens OR a MD shake with nut butter
11:00 - MAG-10 pulse
1:00 - 6oz turkey sandwich w/ ezekiel bread, grass fed cheddar or 1oz organic cashews/almonds, organic salad greens
2:30 - Micro-PA
3:00 - Indigo
3:15 - Start sipping Plazma (2 scoops)
3:30 - 5:00 - training
5:30 - MAG-10
6:30 - Dinner, 6oz chicken or grass fed beef, grass fed cheddar, 2 cups veggies, organic salad greens
9:00 - 1 scoop MD protein if hungry (MAG-10 for you?)

Tuesday-Saturday - Non Training Nutrition
8am breakfast - 1 egg, 3 or 4 egg whites, 3oz turkey, grass fed cheddar, veggies and organic salad greens OR a MD shake with nut butter
11:00 - MAG-10 pulse
1:00 - 6oz turkey sandwich w/ ezekiel bread, grass fed cheddar or 1oz organic cashews/almonds, organic salad greens
4:00 - 2 scoops MD protein w/ unsweetened almond milk, 1oz organic cashews/almonds (so maybe MAG-10 and nuts for you instead?)
6:30 - Dinner, 6oz chicken or grass fed beef, grass fed cheddar, 2 cups veggies, organic salad greens
9:00 - 1 scoop MD protein if hungry (MAG-10 for you?)

Thursday/Sunday - Non training low days. Hunger is definitely there but manageable, be sure to drink LOTS of water on these days!
8am breakfast - 4 egg whites, 1 cup veggies, 2 strips bacon (local farm raised)
Throughout the day I’ll drink coffee and Zevia sodas (naturally sweetened, 0 calorie soda) to stave hunger, and one or two MAG-10 pulses as needed. Fasted 1 hour walk around 4pm.
6:30/7pm dinner - 4oz chicken breast, 1 cup veggies, half serving organic grass fed cheddar, organic salad greens

I hope this helps, again it’s been very manageable and effective, and also allows me to not have to do too much cardio, except for the fasted walks.

Good luck!

Ok guys thanks.

Bill I think the problem with me as far as the Pulse Feastt is that I feel that it stresses me too much psychologically with only 2 MAG-10 pulses all day. In the past when I was younger and single it wouldn’t have been a big deal, but nowadays with marriage, house, high energy young kids, work schedule, older age, business/financial ventures, etc., I already feel kind of chronically stressed. Basically lifes’ issues everyone has as we age lol. It makes it harder to throw more on top.

As far as gastro issues with the Power Drive, they aren’t real bad at all when supplementing with a shake here and there. But when making a steady diet of it daily for a month it’s gonna get real tiresome being gassy and bloated all the time. i don’t think that’s good for cortisol levels either. i also been thinking of modifying my approach using more food though too. It’s just that the MAG-10 pulsing is more convenient and I think has a better protein profile for retaining muscle than food.

[quote]as wrote:
So in the end I thought about doing V Diet with MAG-10 pulsing throughout the day and the one meal at night.[/quote]
There’s a chance I’m not the Chris you were hoping for, but I did find this thread from a while back:

Among other ideas, Shugart said flat-out, “Another ideas is to pulse all day (every 2-3 hours) then have a solid healthy meal at night along with workout nutrition on lifting days.”

So you should definitely be good to go with that approach.

Yes thanks Chris that’s exactly what I was looking for.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]as wrote:
So in the end I thought about doing V Diet with MAG-10 pulsing throughout the day and the one meal at night.[/quote]
There’s a chance I’m not the Chris you were hoping for, but I did find this thread from a while back:

Among other ideas, Shugart said flat-out, “Another ideas is to pulse all day (every 2-3 hours) then have a solid healthy meal at night along with workout nutrition on lifting days.”

So you should definitely be good to go with that approach.[/quote]

Ah I remember that diet. It was pretty awesome as I managed to drop 6.5kg in 4 weeks while gaining strength on some lifts. I was following CT’s layer system at the time but I couldn’t do that diet now because pulsing all day is pretty costly to me (Shitty exchange rate in Australia). But I would do it again if I could