Biotest

Pulse Feast, Alive or Dead?

I came across the MAG-10 pulse feast, but noticed that not many people are talking about it/doing it. Is it still a great way to lose fat/weight? or are people not recommending it anymore because of the new formula?

I would like to actually try it out, but I have a few questions. What exactly is a pulse? Does this throw out having the protein shake right after my workout?

[quote]ESPguitarist1990 wrote:
I came across the MAG-10 pulse feast, but noticed that not many people are talking about it/doing it. Is it still a great way to lose fat/weight? or are people not recommending it anymore because of the new formula?

I would like to actually try it out, but I have a few questions. What exactly is a pulse? Does this throw out having the protein shake right after my workout?[/quote]

The pulse feast is a way of “eating” that I used for a long time. I find it super effective to get lean while keeping or even adding muscle. And I believe that with a strong emphasis on maximizing peri-workout nutrition you can actually add muscle eating this way. However I confess to not eating like this anymore, but mostly because after my illness and time spent in the hospital I was eager to regain as much size as possible, as quickly as possible. And while pulse feasting is a great way to get leaner, it is not optimal to maximize size gains.

A pulse is a dose of MAG-10. No, no other protein will work because their absorption is too slow. Even the isolates are too slow to rapidly elevate blood amino acids and get the pulsing effect… you want amino acids to flood the bloodstream lightning fast and get out (absorbed) just as fast. Creating a peak then a valley in the level of blood amino acid levels.

It doesn’t negate the value of peri-workout, quite the contrary. If you want to gain muscle with the pulse feast I’m convinced that it is crucial to use a good dose of PLAZMA pre and during the workout.

I’m assuming you’ve read through this as well?

Ya, thats the first article I read, but noticed its almost 3 years old and hasnt been talked about on here much in the last year, so i just wanted to clear the smoke.

A couple other questions that came to mind before I start. If i incorporate HOT-ROX and MICRO-PA in the pulse fast, am i just wasting time with either or?

Can i sip on the on the pulses, or should they be consumed within 5-10 minutes of prep?

As all of the food is being consumed after my workout (getting lean is the goal here) do i still have to worry about a caloric intake and my specific protein/fat/carb % ? i know carbs will be pretty low.

Is there such thing as doing this for too long? should i do a certain amount of weeks of pulse fasting and then take a break or just do it until im happy with how i look?

nothing is consumed (unless you give me a green light on MICRO-PA) before the workout besides the MAG-10?

Ya, thats the first article I read, but noticed its almost 3 years old and hasnt been talked about on here much in the last year, so i just wanted to clear the smoke.

A couple other questions that came to mind before I start. If i incorporate HOT-ROX and MICRO-PA in the pulse fast, am i just wasting time with either or?

Can i sip on the on the pulses, or should they be consumed within 5-10 minutes of prep?

As all of the food is being consumed after my workout (getting lean is the goal here) do i still have to worry about a caloric intake and my specific protein/fat/carb % ? i know carbs will be pretty low.

Is there such thing as doing this for too long? should i do a certain amount of weeks of pulse fasting and then take a break or just do it until im happy with how i look?

nothing is consumed (unless you give me a green light on MICRO-PA) before the workout besides the MAG-10?

[/quote]

CT can answer your questions leaps and bounds better than myself but here is my opinion:

1. Incorporate those two supplements if you’d like. I personally wouldn’t use the HOT-ROX until I became acclimated with eating pulse feast style.

2. When I was using this style of eating, I typically drank my pulses relatively quickly. I don’t think it’s a huge deal unless you’re taking a ridiculously long time to consume one pulse, since as CT said, it’s about creating peaks and valleys from spiking your blood amino levels.

3. The beauty of eating this way is you don’t necessarily need to worry about calories anymore and I wouldn’t over complicate your feast at the end of the day. Just make sure you’re getting plenty of meat, carbs and fat.

4. Some people grow to enjoy eating and living this way. If you’re healthy, feel and look good, I’d say you could go on for as long as you’d like. Just make sure you’re being honest with the aforementioned criteria. Some people develop unhealthy habits like binge eating a lot of junk food (candy, deserts, fast food etc) as a result of fasting then feasting.

5. You can train in a fasted state with MAG-10, but CT already indicated that he prefers to use Plazma peri workout.

Good luck.

[/quote]

First you must understand that there is the pulse fast and the pulse feast. The pulse FAST is basically one day where you only have MAG-10 pulses, no solid food. If you train on that day you still have your PLAZMA peri-workout.

The pulse FEAST is a form of intermittent fasting where you only eat one solid meal, in the evening. The rest of the day you only have MAG-10 pulses and your peri-workout.

MICRO-PA will work best with the pulse feast. MICRO-PA works by activating mTor which itself increases protein synthesis (building muscle). The two main occasions where mTor’s activiy increases are (1) during weight training and (2) after a high calories meal. With the pulse feast you have only one solid meal per day, that is much higher in calories than a regular meal. So MICRO-PA would be used prior to training and prior to the big meal.

awesome. thank you kindly!

i will take before and after pictures and eventually post them up!

Ordered my MAG-10 bottle.

Before i start i just wanna know if drinks like green tea, coffee, sugar free energy drinks are forbidden during the day while on the MAG-10 fast. On off days, do i still follow the protocol?

Ordered my MAG-10 bottle.

Before i start i just wanna know if drinks like green tea, coffee, sugar free energy drinks are forbidden during the day while on the MAG-10 fast. On off days, do i still follow the protocol?[/quote]

That’s fine, anything that doesn’t have calories in it is fine

received my bottle of MAG-10, excited to start my pulse feast tomorrow.

Question about the servings. On the pulse feast article it says 6 scoops 1800ml, 2 pulses at 900ml each. On the MAG-10 container it says that 1 service is 2 scoops (with 300ml water) and then add another 200ml (Total of 500ml).

Do i just follow the dosing protocol on the pulse feast article?

The instructions say 500 ml for 2 scoops, which would imply 750 ml for 3 scoops. Chris has said in other posts that this is the minimum amount of water suggested, and you can add as much additional water as you want. I’m not sure if there is a reason Christian recommends 900 ml for 3 scoops, or if that is just his personal preference.

Ya I might have to play around with the flavoring too. I mixed 750ml with 3 scoops and a cap of the lime flavoring. Motha fuck that was potent…went down quicker so i wouldnt have to taste it

You get acclimated to the taste after awhile, but in my experience you do need to play a bit with the amount of flavoring and water. I use 3/4 capful of flavoring with a normal 2 scoop dose of MAG-10 to hide the taste, but then it’s too sweet so I dilute it more. Normally I use 8 - 900 ml. of water with 2 scoops, but sometimes I dilute it even more if it’s hot and I’m sweating a lot. Flavorings are cheap, so you might want to experiment with some other flavors as well. I currently use Berry the most.

Sometimes my schedule will call for training at 6am, how does the pulse feast protocol work then? After my workout take a pulse?

I did the pulse feast for almost 2 years and love it! As Tibs said, it will make you lean! I also gained size and strength while doing it. I will go back to it when I start dieting for a comp. again. The only downside is that you will be very hungry during the day! for me that feeling almost never went away. I started having coffee (black) during the day and that helped. It works very well though.

Plus I am lazy and hate bringing food to work, so all you need is a tub of MAG-10 in the office and you are good to go! Just be sure to eat a big dinner with good carb sources. I would usually have 2 sweat pot. or almost 1 cup of dry rice with dinner.

Sometimes my schedule will call for training at 6am, how does the pulse feast protocol work then? After my workout take a pulse? [/quote]

In an ideal world the feast is post-workout. So in an ideal world you you have your feast post-workout then fast the rest of the day (and night)… however this can be problematic if:

1. you don’t have a regular schedule (for example if you train at 6am monday and 6pm on tuesday… that will give you a fast that is too long if you do both post-workout).

2. you have a day of work after the feast (it might make you slughish)

But with proper peri-workout that’s not problematic… have your PLAZMA pre-and during workout, a MAG-10 pulse 30 minutes post-workout and do your regular fasting schedule and feast at your regular time in the evening

Im on my last week of pulse feast (running out of it). I gottta say, i do like how easy it is. Now here is my “make it or break it question”

Would this be a good protocol for someone trying to lose weight? Im a big guy ( not fat, but not lean) and i feel like i might be wasting the MAG10 since im trying to be as shredded as possible come summer time…

Im on my last week of pulse feast (running out of it). I gottta say, i do like how easy it is. Now here is my “make it or break it question”

Would this be a good protocol for someone trying to lose weight? Im a big guy ( not fat, but not lean) and i feel like i might be wasting the MAG10 since im trying to be as shredded as possible come summer time…[/quote]

The pulse feast is first and foremost a get lean hassle-free plan. It’s main benefit is getting leaner without feeling like your are restricting what you eat (you can still screw up by eating too much during your feast) while keeping or even adding muscle.

ahh yes, i gotcha. I did notice that i got the most leaner iv ever been while on it the last 2 weeks. However, seeing as how expensive it is for me to get it all the way in canada (100$ and the bottle lasted a little less then 14 days) I’m probably gonna switch to a different approach (lose weight and lean out) and then use it as a way to get even more leaner at the end.

Thanks for your help Christian!

And there’s no other supplement that is similar but a bit more cost effective?