Biotest

Pulse Fast on the V-Diet

I have MAG-10 and ANACONDA. Im on week 4 of the V-Diet and I plan to pulse on tues and thurs, both of which are my non-workout days. On those days I walk for 60 min treadmill incline 4.0. Should I take the ANACONDA on these days with the 2nd drink pulse or leave it out?

You can leave it out, though it wouldn’t hurt to take it.

I did my first Pulse Fast on week 4 of the V-Diet and I lost 3-4 lb. I started the V-Diet at 170 lb. and I am now down to 155 lb 3 days before week 4 ends. Now, I am about 135-140 lb. of muscle and about 11-12% body fat.

The Pulse Fast wasn’t terribly hard, but I definitely was very very hungry the two days following the Pulse Fast. Is this normal?

I am worried that I am losing muscle on the Pulse Fast because it seems like the combination of the Pulse Fast and the V-Diet will put you on starvation mode for at least a day. My suspicions were more aroused when I measured my arm after the Pulse Fast and it was .3" smaller than before.

However, I am determined to see my abs and my goal is 8-9% body fat. Should I do another Pulse Fast on week 4 or just wait until week 5? 2 Pulse Fast per week or just 1? Some reassurance here would be very helpful.

[quote]t-minotaur wrote:
I did my first Pulse Fast on week 4 of the V-Diet and I lost 3-4 lb. I started the V-Diet at 170 lb. and I am now down to 155 lb 3 days before week 4 ends. Now, I am about 135-140 lb. of muscle and about 11-12% body fat.

The Pulse Fast wasn’t terribly hard, but I definitely was very very hungry the two days following the Pulse Fast. Is this normal?

I am worried that I am losing muscle on the Pulse Fast because it seems like the combination of the Pulse Fast and the V-Diet will put you on starvation mode for at least a day. My suspicions were more aroused when I measured my arm after the Pulse Fast and it was .3" smaller than before.

However, I am determined to see my abs and my goal is 8-9% body fat. Should I do another Pulse Fast on week 4 or just wait until week 5? 2 Pulse Fast per week or just 1? Some reassurance here would be very helpful.[/quote]

1. Yes, you can feel more hungry after a Pulse Fast day. In the main plan, the idea is to refeed on the day after to take advantage of the anabolic effects – the rebound.

2. You won’t lose muscle with the plan. You arm measurement may be microscopically smaller, but remember, 1) You have fat on your arms too and it will go away with a good diet. 2) Loss of muscle glycogen and water weight can also cause a temporarily smaller arm measurement. 3) .3 inches? That’s well within human error when it comes to measuring.

In my broad opinion, you panic too much and need to pick a plan and stick to it rather than looking for constant tweeks and new plans. Work the plan and you will get results. Just relax and let it happen, like my creepy old PE coach used to say. (Kidding, kidding.)

Chris, I have posted a bit of a detailed question on the V Diet 3.5 thread (Velocity Live Group). It is related to Pulse Fast within a V-Diet. When you get a moment could you please have a look and respond?
Ken