Biotest

Protein Thoughts

Does pulsing with MAG-10 reduce my protein requirements for building muscle? In the past I have found it difficult to consume what some have said was the required amount of proteins for continued muscle growth. Also it appears the micro PA compliments the MAG-10 and the two work synergistically, in effect allowing you to build more muscle with less but more complete and better timed protein.

What are your thought about using micro PA only on training days with two pulses of MAG-10. On non training days one pulse of MAG-10. Along with a complete well timed diet everyday.

[quote]rustey wrote:
Does pulsing with mag 10 reduce my protein requirements for building muscle? In the past I have found it difficult to consume what some have said was the required amount of proteins for continued muscle growth. Also it appears the micro PA compliments the mag 10 and the two work synergistically, in effect allowing you to build more muscle with less but more complete and better timed protein. What are your thought about using micro PA only on training days with two pulses of Mag 10. On non training days one pulse of mag 10. Along with a complete well timed diet everyday. [/quote]

I believe that protein “requirement” espoused by bodybuilding dogma (and I’ve been in that camp in the past) is GROSSLY exaggerated and can actually REDUCE muscle building in the NATURAL (no drugs) trainee.

Having a constantly elevated blood amino acid level actually desensitize your body to the anabolic effect of protein. See, a RAPID increase in blood amino acid levels is an anabolic stimulus. Meaning that a SHARP rise in blood amino acids turns on the muscle-building (protein synthesis) process. And the magnitude of that anabolic effect is greatly influenced by the VARIATION in blood amino acid levels… in other word if you blood amino acid level goes from VERY LOW to VERY HIGH rapidly the anabolic effect will be a lot greater then if you go from high to very high… in fact, going from very low to high is likely more anabolic than going from high to very high.

So if you force feed protein and try to reach super high levels what happens is that your blood amino acid levels are constantly elevated. Which throws away any spike/pulsing effect you can have… and this it’s anabolic stimulus.

In bodybuilding what is recommended in magazine is more often than not based on what the pros are doing. And these guys are on a high level of drugs. These drugs make their body anabolic 24/7, which negates the need to stimulate an anabolic spike. So for them having a constantly high level of protein in them will work. But it is suboptimal for the natural trainee.

CT,
With that being said, what would be the ideal way to transition to a more “spike” like intake if ive been on a daily high protein intake for years. How long before my body becomes sensitive to protein again. I usually have a whey shake or can of tuna every few hours in addition to 3 high protein meals. Could i just switch to 3 moderate protein meals and 2 MAG-10 pulses. Would i lose any muscle while i adjusted. Thanks

[quote]stoicwarrior wrote:
CT,
With that being said, what would be the ideal way to transition to a more “spike” like intake if ive been on a daily high protein intake for years. How long before my body becomes sensitive to protein again. I usually have a whey shake or can of tuna every few hours in addition to 3 high protein meals. Could i just switch to 3 moderate protein meals and 2 MAG-10 pulses. Would i lose any muscle while i adjusted. Thanks[/quote]

Once per week have a low-protein day… as little protein as you can… under 50g for sure… just one day… no shakes, no animal product. You will NOT get catabolic in one day and it will help you.

The day after the low protein day switch to 3 moderate protein meal (ideal from faster sources like eggs, poultry, fish) and 2-3 MAG-10 pulses. Do this for the rest of the week. Of course you are ingesting your peri-workout PLAZMA too… so your protein need will be more than covered.

Keep the one low-protein day per week for a month. And try to keep using fast digesting foods for protein. If you feel like you need more protein increase the MAG-10 dosage per pulse, not the solid protein intake.

Thanks CT. Yes i am using Plazma. Now I’ll use my whey and tuna money for MAG-10.