Biotest

Protein Shakes Post Velocity Diet?

Finished the Velocity Diet… Lost 24 lbs - down to 185, continued with a healthy diet and have come down to fluctuating between 175 and 179.

But I was wondering, does anyone else have trouble drinking protein anymore? At first I thought it was because I had finished the diet and I just wanted to eat regular food. But it’s getting to be nearly two months since i’ve been off it completely and I get sick trying to drink protein straight now.
I only drink protein with water - think i should try it with milk?

Maybe some almond milk, but definatly not milk.

What is the actual issue, taste, texture?

Congrats on the 23 pounds lost!

After a few weeks of shakes, you may not want one again right away. But that will change. Most V-Dieters have a shake a day just for convenience, extra protein etc.

I don’t suggest milk – it’s pretty much junk food and not friendly to those wanting to stay lean. Unsweetened almond milk is a better choice.

You could also try Metabolic Drive Muscle Growth Formula instead of low carb: http://www.t-nation.com/store/supplements/metabolic-drive-muscle-growth.jsp

I have had the same problem in the past. Not with Metabolic Drive but other shakes.

One such instance was when I went about 6 months eating two small meals (lunch, dinner) and drank three meal replacement shakes per day. After 6 months or so I couldn’t bare to drink another shake. It made me gag so I switched to other sources of protein for a few months until subconsciously I got over the shakes and could drink them again.

Try bars if you still want the convenience. I personally went with turkey cutlets and cottage cheese.
I was the guy that had a large package or turkey in the office fridge.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

What is the actual issue, taste, texture?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it’s the taste. Especially can’t handle chocolate whey protein.
I’ll try switching to the other protein though, I just bought the same type that the V-diet came with.

[quote]Geminias wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

What is the actual issue, taste, texture?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it’s the taste. Especially can’t handle chocolate whey protein.
I’ll try switching to the other protein though, I just bought the same type that the V-diet came with.
[/quote]

Make sure it’s ice cold - I can’t stand it warm. It really kills the taste.

Your tastes definitely change after eating clean for a while and some protein powders can range from feeling toxic to just being too damned sweet! It could be that, or it could be a response from overeating of a specific thing too.

I’d try changing to a totally different flavour, or buying non-flavoured protein and flavouring yourself with something milder.