Biotest

Protein After the V-Diet

Once the transition period is over and we are at the point in which we have 1 shake a day with five HSMs, do I have to go back to counting protein? I would love to be in a position where I can just eat cleanly (it comes easy for me) but I worry I won’t get enough protein just by eating cleanly. A position for me to want to be in post V-Diet would be having a breakfast with eggs, a whole grain sandwich for lunch, and then a steak or chicken breast for dinner.

All fine but the protein would definitely not be 190-200lbs (my weight) even with the Metabolic Drive. Do most V-Dieters post workout have to make sure they get their proteins in or does it happen naturally?

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
Once the transition period is over and we are at the point in which we have 1 shake a day with five HSMs, do I have to go back to counting protein? I would love to be in a position where I can just eat cleanly (it comes easy for me) but I worry I won’t get enough protein just by eating cleanly. A position for me to want to be in post V-Diet would be having a breakfast with eggs, a whole grain sandwich for lunch, and then a steak or chicken breast for dinner.

All fine but the protein would definitely not be 190-200lbs (my weight) even with the Metabolic Drive. Do most V-Dieters post workout have to make sure they get their proteins in or does it happen naturally? [/quote]

Well, the weight trained person who wants to look buff and stay lean should always be looking to get at least a gram per pounds of body weight in protein. Opinions vary, but the general consensus is that protein certainly needs to be higher than normal for the weight trainer / active person. Sure, some dietitians disagree… usually fat ones no one wants to look like.

But this does become easy, no need to count protein grams all day long the rest of your life. Count them for a while, get an idea of what 200g per day (or whatever) means, have a shake a day as backup and all around good nutrition, then you’ll soon be able to eat healthfully, get plenty of protein, keeps carbs properly timed and in check, all without reading too many labels or keeping a food log.

Thanks Chris, and great job with the diet!