Biotest

Project MILF is Officially Underway! So Excited!

Howdy y’all!

I just put in my order for the shakes and supplements for the Velocity Diet. Can’t tell you how excited I am by the challenge ahead of me! I plan to begin just as soon as my kit arrives. I’ve already gone through all of the information and read everything twice, printed out my workout logs and diet plan and have told all of my friends and family about the adventure I’m about the embark upon!

A little about me:
I’m a 40 y/o mother of 2. Today is my daughter’s 19th birthday, and my 41st birthday is next Tuesday. This is my birthday gift to ME! I also have a son who’s 10 and a half. I’m the Director of Law Enforcement Training for a Central IL office that covers 7 counties and 70 police agencies. I’ve worked there for just under 21 years.

I just went through a very painful breakup with the guy who I thought was the love of my life. There have been lots of emotional ups and downs and my self-esteem pretty much sucks at this point. I NEED this project to get my head screwed back on straight and focus on ME again and remind myself about how strong and amazing I am! I’ve now got all this free time on my hands and figured I need to fill it with something constructive and positive.

I’ve never been terribly athletic, and have always had issues with my weight. I have lost 50 pounds over the past year, but I am still quite fluffy. I haven’t been exercising at all except for the occasional power walking. While shrinking in size has been nice, I’m not terribly fond of the droopy skin!

Back in 2003, I did Body for Life 3 consecutive times. I had GREAT results!! I also met some amazing friends through an online support group and we are all still friends to this day. I’ve tried to talk some of them into doing this with me and I think a couple may take me up on it! I amazed myself back then by how much I LOVED lifting weights and how dedicated I could be to something that a lot of people couldn’t seem to manage. I followed all of the rules and did the program exactly as prescribed and was thrilled with the results. It’s exciting to feel muscles grow where there was only flab before and watch my tummy flatten and my butt go back up where it belongs and just see how quickly my body responds to workouts!!

Life got in the way and I got all lazy and sedentary again - but I’m very excited about this new project. Looking forward to sweating and gaining the confidence that comes from stepping up and accepting a challenge and following through with style! Also can’t wait for the increased energy and positive mental attitude that comes from doing something good for myself…and okay, knowing I’m gonna look smokin’ hawt and the ex is gonna be kicking himself the next time he runs into me doesn’t hurt either. :wink:

I’ll take measurements and before photos on Sunday…and I’ll start just as soon as my kit arrives at my front door!

Look forward to losing some ooey gooey fat and a bad attitude, and gaining healthy new habits, sexy muscles and maybe even some new friends.

Cheers!

Good luck…i am also on it

Thanks bigbody300.

Well, today is the day I finally get to start!

Yesterday was my birthday and I hadn’t planned any celebration because of starting the diet, but my shipment hadn’t arrived yet, so I had a total blast on my birthday! Sushi for lunch and Hibachi scallops for dinner and a couple of XXX martinis! Ahhh…the final blow out! :slight_smile: (Also bought myself 3 new Harley hoodies and some new body jewelry - go me!)

Okay, so when I got home, my shipment was on my doorstep and I jumped for joy that I’d finally get to start out this morning. I unpacked everything while watching Sons of Anarchy and did a last minute recap of my morning workout before going to bed.

Got up at 5 and did all my measurements and weighed in and got started on my workout.

Boy, that doesn’t LOOK like too much of a workout on paper, but it’s been 45 minutes since I finished and my arms have just now stopped shaking enough so I can type! It was pretty killer! Especially the planks at the end…for some reason, I had it in my head that I had to do 4 reps of that instead of just 2…and I could barely make it up off the floor! I’m sure it will get easier very quickly, since I haven’t done much of anything for a very long time!

I had to up my weights from my estimate for the dumbbell squats, but I was pretty accurate on all of my other estimated weights. Made notes to myself to increase weight on the dumbbell squats next time and go faster!

Poor Maya (my very overprotective Great Dane) was standing over me practically the whole time. I think she was concerned about me from all of the huffing and puffing. She kept her distance after I accidentally bonked her on the nose with a dumbbell when doing the bench press though.

NOT crazy about the recovery shake. I guess I’ll get used to it though. Kinda hard to choke down this morning…seemed really thick and syrupy. Made a note to use more water and mix before my workout so it can be chilling for afterward next time. Hoping colder will be more tolerable. I suppose when I’m not still FULL of food from the night before, it will help, too!

Looking forward to trying the shakes. Gonna take my “before” pics tonight as well (gotta wait until my daughter is awake and able to take them for me and she is never up before dawn!)

ALL of my girlfriends were asking about the diet last night and will be closely watching my progress. A couple think it sounds like pure torture and aren’t the least bit interested…but a couple of others are very intrigued and curious. Hoping I have such impressive results that they’ll decide to hop on board and I’ll have company for a second go-around!

Think I’ll wait to post my before measurements until I have something to compare them to at the end of week 1. I created a spreadsheet with all of them so I can easily compare and see my results (I’m a huge fan of seeing results on paper!)

Addendum - Day 1: OMG those Flameout liquigels are horrid! Like trying to swallow an egg whole! Tried just squirting the contents into my mouth and going that route and nearly yakked on the floor. I think from now on, I’ll just pop it open and put it in my shake and try to get it down that way.

On the bright side, the shakes aren’t bad at all, and even though I’ve had flaxseed oil in the past and can’t stand the taste of it, the ground up seeds don’t seem to be as strong tasting and wasn’t difficult to stomach…a nice plus.

One thing that I can tell is going to get tiresome is the constant sweetness of everything. Oh well…if I get results, it’s well worth it and I can do ANYTHING for 6 weeks.

My lower back has been sore since my workout this morning. Something tells me my form leaves a lot to be desired…gonna hafta work on that.

Well, sonofabitch! I posted an update yesterday but it has apparently disappeared into the never-never land of the interwebs. Grrr.

I said this (pretty much):

Day 2 - I have the phukin’ phlu!

Haven’t done much in the way of NEPA except make eleventy-million trips back and forth from bed to blender and bed to bathroom. I have a fever and killer headache and my neck aches so bad I can barely hold my head up. I dunno if that’s from the flu or from the workout.

I was terribly worried I didn’t hit it hard enough for my first workout, but I don’t think that’s the case since I’ve barely been able to MOVE since that evening. Maya keeps trying to snuggle with me while I’m laying around sick and my muscles feel so bruised it hurts when she lays her head or paw on me. (Great Danes don’t know they’re not lap dogs, you know…)

Anyway…been sticking to the shakes like I’m supposed to - though feel like I’m forcing myself to have them when I dont’ really want them. I’ve decided to just suck it up and swallow the egg pills cuz I hate the taste of what’s inside when it’s in my shake. That’s some potent shit in that little geltab!

I really enjoy the peanut butter in the shake at bedtime…makes a huge difference in the satisfaction quotient for some reason. BUT I WANT SALT DAMMIT! I didn’t think shakes all day would bother me cuz I’m a sweet-freak, but I find myself dreaming of my SHM and I’m thinking STEAK with soy sauce, and a sweet tater with SALT and steamed broccoli with SALT and a crunchy apple. Mmmm!

Okay…that was what I wrote last night (more or less).

Here’s today: Day 3:

Still have the flu. Head doesn’t ache as bad, but still have a temp and stomach is still making horrible noises. It’s 10:40 and I haven’t eaten anything yet…I need to get up and make a shake…and maybe some nice hot green tea. Tried the strawberry shake yesterday and it was okay. Prefer the chocolate though. Haven’t opened the vanilla yet. Gonna hold off until later this afternoon to do my workout…and hope my fever eases up by then…it’s supposed to be a 3 day bug going around and this is day 3, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Going to do the workout regardless - to the best of my ability - which may or may not be much?? Better than skipping it though, and I’m thinking getting my muscles HOT again will make them stop hurting for awhile so I’m not in so much pain! I’m such a wuss…and so damned out of shape.

Hopped on the scale this morning and am down 6 lbs already…I’m sure it’s all water weight at this point and especially since I’d been birthday celebrating for a week before I started. Still…I like to see the numbers drop…it’s nice to get some sort of motivation even though I’ve been sick since I started.

After my workout today, if I can swing it, gonna hop on the treadmill and walk for a couple of miles at a moderate pace while I drink my recovery drink…or maybe I’ll take Maya for a walk outside. It’s a gorgeous fall day with orange leaves and sunshine…I hope I feel better after lunch so I can enjoy some of the day.

Hmm! Well now that’s different: Vanilla shake w/ pumpkin pie spice (morning meal, so also includes the superfood and flaxseed). I rather like it! Also have some decaf pumpkin pie spice Stash tea brewing…REALLY like the shake though!

Well glad ur sticking to it— im just finished week 2 …keeping strong…lost 6 lbs…but many inches which is more important…i also have a diet log on this forum…chk it out for details

I’m afraid I’m out for awhile. :frowning:

I started out bad with the flu, but tried to keep up with the workouts and now I think I’ve just been pushing too hard because my back is in such bad shape I can’t even put my shoes on without help and walking, standing and sitting are all I can manage, and those with considerable pain. I’ve done really well with eating, although I admit I probably skip a shake a day cuz I’m just not hungry enough.

However, it’s been a week now, and I’ve lost 7 pounds - and my clothes are much looser, but my workouts have been less than stellar and I can’t continue them at all until my back heals up a bit.

I’m giving myself a week to recuperate and I’ll probably still have a shake or 2 a day and maybe eat a solid healthy dinner (chicken and veggies or the like)…and start again full force as soon as I’m able.

In the meantime, I will stay as active as possible (walking and stretching).

I hate setbacks - and I’ve been plagued with them for the past week! I’ve been trying to work through them, but with my back in its current shape, I need to recover first.