Biotest

Product Recommendations

Jordan asks:
I’m looking at some of your products and am a bit confused at the differences in some of them. I am currently using Optimum Nutrition products and I like them but I want to experiment with some of yours. I use the ON Gold Standard protein and the amino acid supplements. On workout days I usually take the aminos 3 times a day and 1 serving of the post-workout protein 20-30 min after the workout. I’m a 22 year old male 5’09" 160lbs looking to build muscle mass. I’m probably going to use the Mag-10 for post-workout recovery, the Leucine structured peptides seem like the closest thing to the amino acid supplement that I’m using, and the Plazma seems like a pre-workout which I currently don’t use. Is the peptide something that I would take more than once a day to spike amino levels? Can you explain a bit more on that, Plazma, and any other product that you think would be right for me please?

Correct, replace your protein powder with Mag-10 and any amino supplements with BCAA’s/Leucine. I would heavily recommend Plazma as well, I hate training without it. It will allow you to work out harder and recover faster.

As for when to take BCAA’s/leucine, it depends on how much you want to spend really. Some people say around the workout is enough, others like to throw in more at meals and throughout the day.

With your frame, I wouldn’t worry too much about constantly getting them in since you should be eating a lot throughout the day, but you could always add them to your meals or at bed time or if you wakeup in the middle of the night to use the can.

Really, Plazma and Mag-10 are the big heavy hitters and are a great basic place to start. Anything else would depend a little on the specifics of your training, nutrition, and current bodyfat.

I cannot speak highly enough of Biotest supplements compared to others. The biggest difference you’ll notice is the quality of ingredients, and transparency of the products. Simply the best stuff out there, no “proprietary blends.” You’ll be glad you tried them.

Regarding Plazma, it is FAR more than a pre-workout. Most pre-workouts are caffeine, vitamin b, some creatine and that’s about it. Nothing really of substance to actually improve muscularity, strength, or recovery. They’ll make you FEEL like you’re ready to go set PR’s, but realistically don’t contribute anything worthwhile. Give a careful read to the ingredients in Plazma, you’ll find each scoop has 40g of functional high quality carbs, 15g of the same protein as found in Mag 10 (Hydrolyzed Casein), and some other supplements to improve the pump, like Citrulline Malate. Start sipping 15 min before your session and consume the whole thing by the end. If you’re serious about adding mass, Plazma is a game changer.

If you’re really trying to change your physique, just from my experience with the supplements, I’d very highly recommend Micro-PA. I started taking this over a year ago, and within 3-4 weeks I really started noticing more thickness and mass, and more encouragingly, so did the guys at the gym (they didn’t know I was taking it, they just noticed the changes in my physique). So, a great stack would look like this:

60 minutes prior to training: Micro PA
15 minutes prior to training: Start sipping Plazma
30 minutes post training: Mag 10
45-60 minutes after Mag 10: post workout meal

Also, if you’re not taking a high quality fish oil, Flameout is very high potency and does wonders for recovery, joint pain and overall health. Best to take after food, I take 2 after breakfast and 2 after dinner.

Good luck, be sure to post back with any further questions!