Biotest

Pre Workout Energy Issues

Doing the Beginner Training Program
i am following the diet to the T and working out after each 3rd shake. I feal absolutley terrible at the gym. Twice i felt like fainting. Its definitley the small amount of caloric intake before the workout. What do you recommend i do to solve this?

First, it takes a few days to adapt. Many things are going on - you’re adapting to lower carbs and you may even be experiencing some minor withdrawal symptoms from things like junk food, wheat and milk, if you consumed those things before.

But here’s something you can definitely do: Start sipping your Surge Recovery 5-10 minutes before lifting. Continue to sip during the workout, then drink the last of it right after training.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
First, it takes a few days to adapt. Many things are going on - you’re adapting to lower carbs and you may even be experiencing some minor withdrawal symptoms from things like junk food, wheat and milk, if you consumed those things before.

But here’s something you can definitely do: Start sipping your Surge Recovery 5-10 minutes before lifting. Continue to sip during the workout, then drink the last of it right after training. [/quote]

Okay, i will try to start sipping it before and during.

Does it hinder its effectiveness at all if i do it this way?

No, in fact, if I were rewriting the V-Diet today, I’d have you use a peri-workout drink rather than a post-workout drink.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
No, in fact, if I were rewriting the V-Diet today, I’d have you use a peri-workout drink rather than a post-workout drink. [/quote]

Okay i felt a hell of alot better this time around.

do you think that the carbs are being used for energy instead of the fat when doing this?

i must say that i was able to perform alot better when i took a little bit before the workout.

Thew carb are being used to build muscle and fuel you through the workout. The diet itself takes care of the fat loss.