Biotest

Pre V-Diet Questions

I plan to start the V-Diet as soon as my supplements arrive in the mail. Unfortunately, we seem to have had a problem getting mail here and my stuff is a few weeks late (I am deployed on Operations with the Royal Australian Air Force). I have been training consistently for the last 10 weeks and have gained about 5kg of muscle and lost about 4kg of fat (based on unscientific guestimation). I want the V-Diet to get me into single digit body fat (for the first time in my life).

My concern is that the V-Diet exercise plan seems to be less activity than I am doing now. There isnt anything else to do here other than work and train. My common sense tells me to follow the advanced lifters program exactly as written, as I am positive that you guys are a hell of a lot more knowledgeable and experienced than I am. I just have that little nagging voice in the back of my mind.

I also already only have 1 or 2 healthy meals a day due to the poor quality food available in the Mess (dining facility). I am already taking Metabolic Drive for the other 3 or 4 meals a day. If I just cleaned up my diet (ie cut out the 2 soda’s, nuts and lollies I eat every day) will I achieve the same sort of results without a full V-Diet?

Finally, because I get my Biotest supps from Australia, and my mail is limited to 2kg individual packages, I dont seem to be able to buy a complete V-Diet before I start. I have been trying to prep ahead of time but as I said in my opening paragraph, the mail has been delayed, despite my ordering supps a month ago. I also dont have access to HOT-ROX Extreme (but I can get Carbolin 19 and Alpha Male). Can you make any recommendations as to what I could use instead (or just go without it?).

Should I wait until I have a full 28 days worth of supps before starting? ie if I do run out half way, I will have to switch back to other brands that are available from the US Army PX (BSN products) which you guys have indicated may not work.
Geez as I read this I sound like a whinger. Your advice is definitely appreciated, I guess I am looking for a “go” or “no go” kind of answer.

1. Most people read and do the V-Diet training plan incorrectly honestly. They read the workout plan but not the instructions in the tab, which if followed, make this a pretty tough workout plan. But that’s our fault; it could have been laid out more clearly. You can do another plan if you like. Just don’t toss in tons of cardio. Focus on weight training.

2. Not eating crap has an amazing way of leaning you up, yes, even without a full V-Diet. The V-Diet makes it simple though, no thinking, no food prep, and it helps most people to lose cravings for the junk food forever. If you can’t resist the shitty foods, you may want to take away that option with a full V-Diet, get back in control, and squash the addictions. It’s up to you.

3. HOT-ROX is optional. Carbolin-19 or Alpha Male are okay to add if you’d like.

4. The worry with ordering only some of the supplements needed is having a shipping issue (with you being in Australia) then being stuck without the right shakes. While it only takes a week to get rid of most cravings and food addictions, it can take 21 days to stop the habits and behavior issues, so I like people to do at least 21 days straight on the full plan.

Thanks Chris,

after reading the plan again today, I realised that if I use the right weights for each of these lifts, its going to be pretty bloody demanding (ie if I follow the directions as they are written as you said). I also received a couple of my orders today (but not my Metabolic Drive). Hopefully I will get the rest in the next few days. I am actually in the Middle East (and spend some time in Afghanistan), I just get my Biotest from the Australian distributor.

I will wait until I have the full 28 days worth then start. The results will be worth the wait I reckon.

Awesome. Keep me posted.

Another quick question. The diet plan doesn’t include Surge Workout Fuel but does include Surge Recovery. Please forgive my ignorance but can one be substituted for the other? Obviously using both would blow out the calorie and protein/fat/carb counts

They are really different supplements for different purposes. I’d stick with Surge Recovery, though many like to sip some of it during weight training then drink the rest post-workout, which is what it’s designed for.

Chris,

Unfortunately, the mail is letting me down and I still don’t have my supps for the V-Diet.

I decided that I would start to get my body used to the workouts and reduce my rest between sets to 30 secs and aim for a total of 20 reps. I have another question for you:

For tonight’s workout I picked a weight that was about 75-90% of what I would normally do for 3 good fast reps. I kept the order of exercises the same as normal and moved between exercises as fast as I could. I did a few feeler sets for each exercise before picking the weight and going for it.

Push Press 80kg (max is 85kg) - 3,3,3,2,2,2,2,3
Incline Bench Press 90kg (max is 105kg) - 3,3,3,3,3,3,2
Flat Bench Press 100kg (max is 110kg) - 3,3,3,3,2,2,2,2
Weighted Dips 40kg (max is 50kg) - 5,5,5,5
Weighted Chins 20kg (max is 25kg) - 5,5,3,3,3,1

At the end of the workout I still felt like I had gas in the tank. I was certainly more drained than normal (telling me I have been waiting too long between sets in previous workouts). How should I be feeling? Should I be completely exhausted or am I pitching at the right level?

I just want to get the most out of the V-Diet workouts as I can from day 1. Sorry for all the annoying questions.

That looks about right.

Too often we feel we didn’t get a good workout unless we’re totally sapped and drained. But that’s not necessarily true. In fact, many coaches would say that’s a big mistake, including Waterbury who wrote these workouts.

Also keep in mind that once you start the V-Diet, you’ll be doing that workout with fewer calories and carbs, which will affect things a little, though the Surge will help.

So I am looking for an outline of the V-Diet. Like when to take what and how much to take.

Also how much of each supplement should be ordered. I feel like one of each should be at least 28 days worth but I have never ordered from Biotest so I am not sure.

What does the end price for the whole thing usually look like?

A-rod, plug you weight into the V-Diet calculator: http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30

Second tab in Tab #3. It’ll tell you everything you need to know.