Biotest

Pre-Contest Dieting, Natural Bodybuilding Competition

Since January I have been following my own diet program that allowed me to lose 20 lbs, while also increasing strength and I think size.

Now I’m ready to go all in on the diet for an late October competition. I have had my fat tested several different times, and I believe I have to lose between 40-50 lbs, 50 is really an outside figure though. I currently weigh 234 at 5’8".

I would like to know which supplements I should use to achieve my goals. Obviously I want to lose as much fat as possible, and maintain all my muscle. I have only recently started to use Biotest products. So I am guessing that if they are as effective as everyone suggests I may even be able to gain a pound or two of muscle if I do this correctly.

tuttle

If possible rank the supplements in order of importance so I could decide based on costs which way is the best to go. I definitely want to buy a fat-burner.

[quote]tuttle wrote:
I have been following my own diet program that allowed me to lose 20 lbs, while also increasing strength and I think size.

Now I’m ready to go all in on the diet for an late October competition. I have had my fat tested several different times, and I believe I have to lose between 40-50 lbs, 50 is really an outside figure though. I currently weigh 234 at 5’8".[/quote]
Sounds like you’ve seen some solid progress so far and have a concrete deadline and goal set. That’s the best way to start. It sounds like you do have a decent amount of work to do to get stage-ready, but the timeline should be totally doable. I suggest starting a thread in the Bodybuilding forum. Lots of competitors over there to give you feedback leading up to your show.

I know guys like Mighty Stu, Lonnie, Yodaddy, and a bunch of others here have used Biotest supps during contest prep, so you should have no real problems.

In order of importance for your goals, I’d say you want supplements to address workout nutrition, then nutrient management, then daily protein backup, then muscle preservation backup.

So: Plazma, Indigo-3g, Mag-10, Micro-PA.

An arguement could be made to flip the priority of Mag-10 or Indigo, but I think that especially during a bodybuilding contest prep, the nutrient partitioning effects on Indigo can be clutch and could help you keep a higher-than-average carb intake during your cut, if that falls in line with your overall nutrition approach.

Mag-10 could definitely be useful for training intensity and muscle preservation during cardio sessions though, depending on your approach to cardio, so it’s almost 50/50 with those two.

Plazma is easily the top priority in any case. Quality protein and carbs during training improve recovery, reduce DOMS, allow a higher training intensity and frequency, all the good stuff you want when you’re getting into contest shape.

Even if you don’t need one? I’m just saying, something like Hot-Rox can be great when dieting (I find it to be a super appetite-killer), but you can get some awesome progress from good hard training, smart eating, and Indigo to build some fat loss momentum.

I’d save a legit fat burner for further into your show prep if/when progress starts to slow down, instead of pulling out all the stops from Day One. Also, some bodybuilding federations have certain ingredients like Yohimbine on their banned substance list, so Hot-Rox may be a no-go after all depending on the particular contest you’re entering.

I was thinking of doing what you said about the fat-burner, I’ll have to check if it okay to use, this is a UFE competition; but I was planning to use it towards the end rather than the whole time. I’m going to take what you’ve said and think about how it works within the structure I have set out for my diet. I have Plazma and MAG-10 already, although I have only used MAG-10 so far. But this information is key.

Just checked, Yohimbine is not on the list of banned substances, in fact no fat-burners are.