Biotest

PPatel's V-Diet Log

Thanks Paula! I’ve been following your log too and it’s inspiring and encouraging to read about your experience. I think it makes it easier to follow the plan knowing that the ones who went before you went through the same trials and tribulations and that you can make it if you stay dedicated :slight_smile:

I added the water as you (and Chris) suggested and it did help but I’m also considering adding a little cayenne pepper to one of my chocolate shakes tonight to see if that will also tone down the sugar. Biotest might want to think about a savoury (spinach!) flavour to add to their current range :wink:

My diet, before I started this, was pretty good but I was definitely adding a lot of unnecessary calories to it over the weekends with beer. Drinking diet tonic water is definitely an effective way of stopping any cravings for alcohol. I’m surprised I haven’t missed it as much as I was expecting.

BTW, in case anyone is curious, the reason I went on the diet is the first place is because I entered Tough Mudder (http://toughmudder.com/). During my first couple of running sessions I realised I would have to shed a lot of weight and build up my general fitness levels in order to be able to just finish the event. Carrying around an extra 30-40lbs was definitely going to be detrimental to my success and so here I am :wink:

RE: adding cayenne pepper - not a good idea. Managed to finish the shake but my stomach is definitely not liking it. Best avoided in the future methinks.

For my HSM I ate Indian… it was extremely delicious. I love spicy foods, and it normally isn’t a problem for me… but on the V-diet, not so much. I don’t think anything has ever made the trip through me so quickly. Maybe spicy and v-diet don’t mix.

maybe try cinnamon in your shakes I even like it with chocolate. It does change the flavor a bit:)

I’m doing the run for your lives zombie mud run in October, it is my birthday present to myself. its only a 5 k obstacle course with zombies chasing you trying to get your flag! I am not a runner, so this is gonna be a challenge!

Paula, you should definitely get this app if you have an iPhone! :slight_smile:

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Day 8:

NEPA: 4.59 miles in 1h08mins. The weight loss is definitely helping here. I’ve been using the Map My Run app (http://www.mapmyrun.com/) on my iPhone to keep track of distance and pace and today it was almost effortless to stay at 4mph or above.

Workout:

Front Squat 75x5,75x5,75x5,75x5,75x5
Lat Pulldown 150x5,150x5,150x5,150x5,150x5 (Elbow is still not 100% so not doing pull-ups just yet)
DB Bench press 55x5,55x5,55x5,50x5,50x4,50x2
Ab Rollout 10,10,10

Tabata:
KB Swing: 35lb x 11reps
Elliptical trainer: Cross Ramp=15, Resistance=15

I still had some gas in the tank after I finished and was tempted to do more but was running out of time. Next week I think I will do the prescribed workout and then do some complexes.

[quote]pratik_patel wrote:
Day 8:

NEPA: 4.59 miles in 1h08mins. The weight loss is definitely helping here. I’ve been using the Map My Run app (http://www.mapmyrun.com/) on my iPhone to keep track of distance and pace and today it was almost effortless to stay at 4mph or above.

Workout:

Front Squat 75x5,75x5,75x5,75x5,75x5
Lat Pulldown 150x5,150x5,150x5,150x5,150x5 (Elbow is still not 100% so not doing pull-ups just yet)
DB Bench press 55x5,55x5,55x5,50x5,50x4,50x2
Ab Rollout 10,10,10

Tabata:
KB Swing: 35lb x 11reps
Elliptical trainer: Cross Ramp=15, Resistance=15

I still had some gas in the tank after I finished and was tempted to do more but was running out of time. Next week I think I will do the prescribed workout and then do some complexes.

[/quote]

Are you just adding the Tabata on your own or did I miss some instructions? I just started yesterday, so I wanted to be sure. Keep up the good work!

Paula, you should definitely get this app if you have an iPhone! :slight_smile:

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

[/quote]
I think that just sold me on buying an iphone:)

@gbwheeler - I’m adding them on my own. I should probably increase the weight that I’m lifting in the prescribed exercises first and then do whatever I can afterwards. And good luck with your diet - the first few days will be tough but hang in there because it does get easier. I’m already starting to feel the difference and I’m only a quarter of the way through.

@gbwheeler - I’m adding them on my own. I should probably increase the weight that I’m lifting in the prescribed exercises first and then do whatever I can afterwards. And good luck with your diet - the first few days will be tough but hang in there because it does get easier. I’m already starting to feel the difference and I’m only a quarter of the way through.
[/quote]

Thanks. Thus far, I haven’t been hungry though the food around me smells REALLY good. Mostly, I can see missing diversity. To echo other people on here, the shakes are very sweet. I just chug them down and go on with my day. I’ve had some experience with IF, so I think that should make things easier on me.

Day 9:

NEPA: Walked 3.91 miles. First walk to be done in the evening as I was pushed for time this morning. Felt way hungrier today than any other day. Drinking water helped to take the edge off but I reckon getting a good nights sleep will also reset my appetite.

Day 10:

NEPA: Walked 4.56 miles in 1h 09mins

Workout:

Reverse Lunge: 35x8,35x8,35x8,35x8,35x8
DB Bent-over row: 40x8,40x8,40x8,40x8,40x8
DB Push Press: 35x8,35x8,35x7,35x5,35x4,35x4,35x4
Barbell Curl: 55x8,55x8,55x8,55x8,55x5,55x3
Reverse Crunch: 20,20

Tabata: Elliptical trainer (cross ramp = 15, resistance=18)

A neck/scapula injury flared up early this morning so I had to take it easy on the upper body lifts in case it made the problem worse.

Great job! if you have enough gas in the tank to do extra lifts, i think you may need to add weight to the prescribed lifts.

@Greg - yup I definitely need to increase the iron and was going to last night but held back because of the injury. Next week I’m aiming to push it as hard as I can in the prescribed workouts.

Day 11:

NEPA walk: 3.7 miles

Didn’t feel as hungry today for some reason though my stomach is a little unsettled from taking ibuprofen.

Day 12:

NEPA walk: 3.65 miles

Workout:

Deadlift: 155x8,155x8,155x8,155x8,155x8
Decline DB press: 40x8,40x8,40x8,40x8,40x6,40x2
Lat Pulldown (neutral bar - wide grip) 105x8,105x8,105x8,105x8,105x8
Hand Walkout: 10,10,10,10

Felt really tired when I got to the gym, almost sleepy and it took me a while to get revved up enough to be able to lift by doing some warm up complexes. By the time I finished the prescribed exercises I was too tired to do any more today - I guess it was just too long of a day.

Elbow is still bothering me so I still can’t do full pull ups. Tried a couple and then stopped because of a burning sensation in the joint. Hopefully it’ll be okay next week.

Day 13:

Stats from this morning:

Height 180
Weight 182.4
Neck 37
Shoulders 45
Chest - Upper 111
Chest - Lower 108
Waist - at Navel 95
Waist - at largest 97
Hips - at largest 103
Upper Arm - L 33
Upper Arm - R 33
Upper Leg - L 62
Upper Leg - R 63
Lower Leg - L 37
Lower Leg - R 37
Ankle - L 25
Ankle - R 24

So that’s another 2lbs lost and 10lbs since I started :slight_smile:

V-Burn challenge time: 23mins 23secs - much better than last week as I eased up on the first couple of circuits and didn’t have to stop this time. It’s a b*stard of a workout for sure!

Going to get Indian food (Tandoori chicken and lentils) for my HSM.

you are doing amazing. Hope the elbow is feeling better. Injuries sucks.

Day 14:

NEPA walk: 7.46 miles. Waaay more than I had planned because I was lost in thought during my walk and suddenly had one of those, “Where the f**k am I?!” moments. Luckily I didn’t have much planned other than cleaning my apartment today :slight_smile: