Biotest

Power Drive, Training Twice a Day

CS,

What is the best way to use Power Drive when an athlete is training twice per day?

AM field session with his team and PM strength session if he feels some snc and muscular fatigue. Specially to recover snc.

In case to use Power Drive at night, after strength training session, would it interfere with Z12?

Thanks

[quote]michell wrote:
CS,

What is the best way to use Power Drive when an athlete is training twice per day?

AM field session with his team and PM strength session if he feels some snc and muscular fatigue. Specially to recover snc.

In case to use Power Drive at night, after strength training session, would it interfere with Z12?

Thanks [/quote]

I have used Power Drive twice a day quite often. It is not a stimulant so no, it wont interefere with sleep or the effect of Z12.

For two uses I personally would use a portion about 30 minutes prior to the first session, to optimize performance and between the first session and second sessions to recover from the first and be in good neural shape for the second. An even better alternative might be a full dose 30 min. prior to the first session, half a dose between the two sessions and half a dose after the second one.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]michell wrote:
CS,

Thanks [/quote]

I have used Power Drive twice a day quite often. It is not a stimulant so no, it wont interefere with sleep or the effect of Z12.

For two uses I personally would use a portion about 30 minutes prior to the first session, to optimize performance and between the first session and second sessions to recover from the first and be in good neural shape for the second. An even better alternative might be a full dose 30 min. prior to the first session, half a dose between the two sessions and half a dose after the second one. [/quote]

CT, Incredible recovery.

Thanks so much for your help. Such tricks excited me a lot, cause results are awesome so quick.

Could I mix it with Mag-10 for pulsing between meals or post workout?

[quote]michell wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]michell wrote:
CS,

Thanks [/quote]

For two uses I personally would use a portion about 30 minutes prior to the first session, to optimize performance and between the first session and second sessions to recover from the first and be in good neural shape for the second. An even better alternative might be a full dose 30 min. prior to the first session, half a dose between the two sessions and half a dose after the second one. [/quote]

CT, Incredible recovery.

Thanks so much for your help. Such tricks excited me a lot, cause results are awesome so quick.

Could I mix it with Mag-10 for pulsing between meals or post workout?

[/quote]

Yes, that’s something that Keven Nobert (one of the IBB model) did when we developed the Pulse Fast/Feast

Wouldn’t that compromise the efficacy of tyrosine, the main ingredient of Power Drive? Tyrosine competes with other aminos for absorption to get across the BBB so taking it with MAG-10 might blunt its catecholamine boosting properties.

[quote]juverulez wrote:
Wouldn’t that compromise the efficacy of tyrosine, the main ingredient of power drive? Tyrosine competes with other aminos for absorption to get across the BBB so taking it with Mag 10 might blunt its catecholamine boosting properties.[/quote]

From my experience it doesn’t and that comes from trying it and having people try it. My best guess is thar MAG-10 is absorbed so fast that by the time POWER DRIVE is fully absorbed and ready to be shuttled to the brain, there wont be any “competition”. Or it might simply be that despite the competition there is enough transporters to do the job, regardless it works.

Then again I personally take Power Drive for it’s impact on neural recovery and neurotransmitters production not on stimulation. I’m not after the catecholamine boosting effect, in fact if I could avoid it while getting the full effect on the nervous system I would be very happy.

You know an interesting feedback I got was how Power Drive compared to stimulants (preworkouts, ec stack).

Stims made me want to keep moving, the nervous system was “on fire”. Power Drive gave me a much calmer and yet still focused feeling. The difference is drastic on layers system training. Under EC I would keep going, pushing super high intensity but feel “depleted” and flat after a few clusters. With Power Drive (and Plazma, Brain Candy earlier in day) I could get solid reps in, feel powerful yet not wiped out after wanting to hop around everywhere. Hope that made sense…

Thank you for sharing your experience coach. Not to be nitpicking, but isn’t an increase in neurotransmitters have an impact on catecholamine levels? Adrenaline, Noradrenaline and dopamine are all metabolites of tyrosine.

Either way, I think that tyrosine is a massively undervalued supplement. This and rhodiola makes the Plazma stack work so much better in my experience.

This is probably because any BCAA-rich protein such as MAG-10 or Plazma can lower both serotonin and dopamine and adding tyrosine in a ratio similar to a combination of BCAAs prevents the subsequent decline in dopamine levels.