Biotest

Post Workout MAG-10 and Food

I’ve been using Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel during training and MAG-10 after with no food. The recovery boost has been amazing but I’m losing a lot of weight (mostly fat, but still not what I want right now). Other factors have been held constant besides replacing solid food with MAG-10 after training. I figured I could add regular food to my post-training nutrition to get more calories in, and I’d like to keep using MAG-10 because of the recovery boost. I’m wondering what’s the smartest way to time all of this. Any advice is appreciated.

I don’t know that it’s necessarily the best way, but where more calories are needed I have done very well having MAG-10 post training and then solid food 30-60 minutes afterwards. Whether allowing the shorter or longer time has been more based on practicality than on noticing a difference between the two.

Bill,

If I take 2 scoops of Plazma (1 pre, 1 peri), should I take 2 scoops of MAG-10 when I get home (~15-20mins) or wait the 1 hour as the label states?

Thanks!

Personally, I feel either way works fine for particular situations and would do it according to perceived need. If feeling ready for it immediately, I’d say you are ready for it. But if the amount of training had you feeling no particular need for the MAG-10 immediately after training, waiting the additional time could be better.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Personally, I feel either way works fine for particular situations and would do it according to perceived need. If feeling ready for it immediately, I’d say you are ready for it. But if the amount of training had you feeling no particular need for the MAG-10 immediately after training, waiting the additional time could be better.[/quote]

Thank you for your response Bill.

You’re very welcome!

Same here. I’ve been using Surge Recovery for my intra-workout nutrition and Mag-10 30-45 minutes afterwords. I’ve actually been slightly above maintenance calorie wise and am steadily losing weight (Which is ideal for me).