Biotest

Post V-Diet Suggestions

Hey Chris,

You may have answered this question 1000 times already and if so my apologies. I was wondering what you recommended as far as post V diet eating plans. I’m looking to continue to lean up by about 15 more lbs.

I feel like I’ve really reset my body by being on this V diet and just want to continue to lose weight and eat right, when I can have food again. I’m a bigger dude (6’9 about 260) and after having zero energy on the v diet, I want eat foods that keep my energy up but still promote weight loss.

Thanks for the diet and thanks in advance for the support
Tj

A couple of things:

1. Make every meal an HSM, never go back to the junk food. (Seems obvious, but that’s really the key to any long term leanness and continued progress.)

2. I find that removing wheat products and liquid milk, forever, helps most people keep the weight off for life. These things cause cravings and trigger false hunger signals and overeating.

3. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G is a great supplement to use after the V-Diet, repartitioning nutrients toward muscle gain instead of fat storage. Makes those carbs go to the right place in other words.

Sounds easy enough, and hard as hell all at the same time lol… Do you happen to have anything you recommend as a bread substitute, just for that one time I want a bun on my LEAN patty? Thats what I will miss more than anything I believe.
Also I will check that Indigo-3G out.
Thanks again.
TJ

You can find all sorts of bread products that are wheat-free these days thanks to the gluten-free trend. Usually made out of rice flour. Even Walmart has them (often in frozen section.) Not all of these products are great for someone wanting to lose fat, but some are okay to use now and then.

Another simple rule that’s worked for me in the past is never go down an aisle in a grocery store. Exception being the bakery (perimeter) and frozen vegetables (might be down an aisle) but I think you can get the idea: all the processed carbs loaded down with chemicals are down the aisles where it doesn’t take some form of refridgeration or high turnover to prevent spoilage. I find maintaining gets much easier when you simpoly eliminate crap. Gluten, chemicals, hormones, preservatives, etc, I’ve never seen any publication promoting them, so it’s not like you’re missing out on some essential macro/micro by cutting them out. Carbs, depends on the carb but again, if it’s down an aisle (bread, pasta, cookies, etc) it’s not the “good carbs”, okay maybe beans unless you’re hard core paleo.

Just a generality but it steers me in the right direction more often than not.

I just opened my boxes for the V-Diet this afternoon and I have no Leucine in my boxes. The diet the site generated for me call for a number of scoops of this per day. I’m bumming because I had planned to start tomorrow morning but never thought of opening the boxes to ensure everything was there. What should I do?

[quote]dphobbs wrote:
I just opened my boxes for the V-Diet this afternoon and I have no Leucine in my boxes. The diet the site generated for me call for a number of scoops of this per day. I’m bumming because I had planned to start tomorrow morning but never thought of opening the boxes to ensure everything was there. What should I do?[/quote]

Leucine is no longer part of the V-Diet. Sorry, we just haven’t updated the graphics. We found it just wasn’t needed.