Biotest

Post-V-Diet Planning

Hey Chris,

I just finished up week three of the V-Diet and I’m planning what comes next so I can order any supplements I’ll need (including the stuff for the transition weeks). I’ve seen, generally, the recommendation is to go on to using Indigo-3G, usually with the recommendation of adding in Plazma. Is this it or is the Plazma Super Stack better to go with?

Since I’m on a budget, I was planning on doing the one serving of Indigo-3G each day and one serving of Plazma pre-workout, eliminating the intra serving. Is that fine? How much more difference does doing the Plazma serving intra make? In a similar vein, how much difference does the MAG-10 make in the Plazma Super Stack versus just taking the Indigo-3G and Plazma? If there’s not a huge difference it’d be better for me to not have to buy the MAG-10.

Is it alright to jump into a hypertrophy program straight from the V-Diet or do you recommend something in transition (other than the two transition weeks)? I was thinking about trying out one of the Indigo-3G.

Last thing, I’m starting school again in a couple weeks. My university has a two-year live-on requirement and a meal plan is included in the price of housing. As much as I’d love to cook over the next school year I don’t want to have my $2,000 for the meal plan each semester wasted and have to buy food as well so I’ll be eating in the dining hall most of the time. Naturally, as you can imagine, the food available isn’t the best. Are there any general recommendations you have to make the most of it and minimize any negatives? I was thinking about keeping Superfood and Flameout to help.

Thanks a lot,

David

1. It’s really tough for me to answer your first several questions, like how much better one plan is over another. Using adequate amounts and stacking a few different supplements will of course be better than NOT using them, or using amounts too small to have an optimal effect. But, not everyone needs the same things or same amounts. For example, someone fairly new to lifting may be training in such a way that they really don’t need the same workout nutrition stack as a pro bodybuilder doing two hour leg workouts.

Here’s a very solid “budget stack” –

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G 4-6 capsules 30 minutes before starting workout nutrition or before a big meal on non-lifting days.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma: 1 pre-workout serving, 1 more during training if the budget fits it.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10: 1 serving after training

A good really, really tight budget plan would be:

Indigo-3G: 4 capsules pre training or pre meal
1 serving Plazma before training

1. A hypertrophy focused plan would be perfect.

2. Meat and veggies mostly. No breads, pasta, or dessert. Cut out all wheat. Get carbs from steamed rice, potato, beans, workout nutrition supps.

Great, thanks. Couple more questions, do you recommend starting Indigo during the transition weeks? If so, for the timing would you say pre-workout on the workout days and before the HSM on non-workout days? Also, if I recall correctly, I’ve seen you recommend cutting out drinking milk. Is this correct and what is the reasoning for that?

1. Sure, starting Indigo-3G during a V-Diet Transition is a good plan.

2. Yes. Perfect.

3. Milk for most people leads to bloating and fat gain (or a tougher time losing fat.) It’s basically sugar after all. I’ve seen this even with people with no issues with dairy.

Even you look back in the old bodybuilding books from the 60’s and 70’s the first thing a competitor would drop when a show was coming around was milk. Now, if you Google around, you’ll be hit with several things, some are very anti-milk because they’re from vegan sites (not very reliable info there, very biased obviously.) The second thing you’ll see is pro-milk sites which are funded by the dairy industry. Also not reliable.

While there are a lot of decent studies out there that show milk is generally bad news for the physique minded, I prefer to just go by real world results. People who drop milk usually lose fat easier and look better. Almond milk is a great substitute, but of course it’s not a protein source so you have to get that elsewhere.

Great, thanks a lot.