Biotest

Post Pregnancy V-Diet 4-6-09

The start to the road back. During my pregnancy I gained 40 lbs, it didn’t help that i was put on bed-rest just over the halfway mark. I’m sick of not fitting into my jeans and ready to kick my butt back into shape! Here goes nothing…

Day one
The first shake was pretty hard to get down, I used ice to make it more like a milkshake. I tried using just water for the second shake and that was trick! It’s much easier to get down, it taste worse but goes faster…

Hey! Yet another Texan! And awesome for you ready to get the baby weight off; smart move not waiting half a century. You look like you’ve got a great starting point.

Try making the water hot once and see what you think. Not scalding…just like warmed up 2 mins in the microwave. Make it thin, and it’s just like drinking swiss miss hot chocolate to me.

Anyway grats on getting started, we look forward to your progression.

Lisa

Thanks for the welcome!

I will definitely give the hot water a try.

Height: 5?3?
Weight:115
Neck: 13.5
Shoulders:37
Chest: 33.5
Waist: 27
Stomach:30.5
Hips:36.5
Thigh R:20.5 L:20.5
Calf R:12.5 L:13
Ankle R:8.5 L:8.5
Bicep Flexed R:10.5 L:10
Forearm R:8.5 L:8.5
Wrist R:5.5 L:5.5

Just for reference…this is the goal.

Day 1
Dumbbell Squat 50 lbs
Dumbbell Bench Press 20 lbs
Bent Over Row dumbbells 20 lbs
Plank Hold

Day 2
NEPA 30 walk outside with stroller

Day 3
NEPA 30 min walk outside with stroller
Romanian Deadlift 30 lbs
Lat Pulldown - underhand grip 30 lbs
Standing Shoulder press 20 lbs
Side Plank Hold

Day 4
NEPA 15 min walk outside 15 min jog outside
(It felt great to jog again but after my husband shook his head and said i wasn’t “sticking” to the plan i guess i should wait)

Day 5
Nepa 30 min (took my 7 yr old to Pump it up and went to playground)
Deadlift 35 lbs
Incline Dumbbell bench Press 20 lbs
Lat Pulldown 30 lbs
Plank Hold

Day 6
V-Burn Challenge
made me wanna cry

Having a 3 month old really makes it difficult to get all my shakes in at the right time or even finishing them at once, Next week I’m going to try waking up earlier so I can get more done while she’s sleeping. The shakes are getting easier but I feel so full all the time and it’s exhausting drinking all that liquid!

NEPA is a huge key for me, I feel like it helps with the soreness. Next week I’m going to try and add 5 lbs to each of my workouts.

go you! its gotta be nice to have the both you and your man doing it at the same time

He’s always been a huge motivational factor in my life, he’s my rock!

Good luck! Hang in there! The first week is the toughest!

My wife is looking forward to trying this when she is done breastfeeding (Jan-2010). I am going to direct her to your thread!

-Machine

Thanks for the encouragement! I heard that BF really helps with shedding the pounds faster…The hardest part is feeding my daughter almost every three hours and trying to get my own schedule in place, I’m sure your wife won’t have as hard of a time since your little one will be older…the walks are great b/c not only do you enjoy them but so does your little one. Your wife is amazing for BF that long, two thumbs up!!

Hey! You’re startin’ off pretty hot if I do say so myself. What did you weigh in the bikini picture? Doesn’t seem like you’ve got that far to go to look fabulous again! You’re gonna rock this. Hopefully the shakes go down better today?

Good luck with it, you will kill it for sure! Seems like everyone from TX decided to do the V-Diet at the same time. I myself am in Houston.

For me as far as getting the shakes down easier is making most of them out of strawberry and banana. This has been my favorite combo so far and I find myself having to drink the other flavors so I don’t run out of those two. With cold water blended very frothy* is my favorite.

Firmgrrrl - I weighed 105… Thank you for the kind words! The shakes are going down fine today…i tried one of the hot rocks first thing in the morning which did not sit well with my stomach at all. From now on i will have my first shake, wait 30 min. then have the hot rocks. I can’t wait for our steak’s tomorrow, i usually leave left overs for my husband but this time … No Way!! I hope the cravings subside a little.

Enjoy your HSM! Glad your shakes are going down better, and you’ll get used to the HOT-ROX in no time :wink:

Lisa

[quote]JayMeredith wrote:

Height: 5’3
Weight:115
Neck: 13.5
Chest: 33.5
Waist: 27
Stomach:30.5
Hips:36.5
Thigh R:20.5 L:20.5
[/quote]
First week’s results

04/12/2009
Height: 5’3
Weight:110
Neck: 13
Chest: 34.5
Waist: 26
Stomach:30
Hips:36
Thigh R:20.5 L: 20.5

Week 1 Progress

Side

Thank Gosh Easter is over and the candy can be put away!(didn’t have bad cravings for it but just looking at all that candy was painful) Looking forward to this week as I feel more confident that this is really going to work for me.