Biotest

Possible Fat Burn

Right now I’m trying to get big and strong ( I train strongman and want to get in some contests a few years from now ) but I need to burn some fat. As I am right now, you couldn’t tell how much muscle I have due to fat. I’m not trying to get skinny but do you think I should do more cardio? Before workouts I do about 10 minutes on the elyptical. My diet is really good it’s been about 2 years since I’ve had some form of “junk food” I never cheat.

I never recommend cardio. 10 minutes of higher intensity conditioning right after weight training: KV swings, sled work, battle ropes, etc.

Nothing against you personally, but most people who claim to not eat junk do indeed eat junk, they just don’t realize it. For example, milk and wheat are junk and if you’re consuming those and stop, then you’ll drop any excess fat pretty easily.

Ok I can do those. And ya i know what you mean, but with all of the benefits in milk I would be losing protein/vitamins. What I meant by junk was the usual, candy,fried food, baked goods and all that. I eat the same stuff month in and month out. But back to milk/wheat, milk is big in terms of mass/strength which is what I’m aiming for and I usually have 1 piece of wheat bread per day as a PB&J I eat brown rice with my meats a lot to is that bad?

Milk makes fat gain very easy due to its high sugar content, it causes overeating and craving do to it exorphin content, leads to bloating, lowers testosterone levels in men, and in the long run may cause prostate trouble. It doesn’t help at all; it only work against you. If you need protein, get a protein powder to bump it up, like Grow! or Metabolic Drive. Wheat has many of the same problems. Drop those and you won’t have to put your strength and muscle size at risk with cardio. All you need is the dietary change.

wow, didn’t know that. Thanks for the info

Chris, do the milk-derived proteins (whey & casein) have the same effect as straight milk in this case?

[quote]Coach Z wrote:
Chris, do the milk-derived proteins (whey & casein) have the same effect as straight milk in this case?[/quote]

Nope. Only liquid milk. Most cheeses are fine too, or at least so low in the bad stuff that they’re okay to eat.

intersting this has come up. Im in London (England) and we drink alot of tea and coffee. I like a hot drink anyway but when im dieting (like now im doing Thibs ‘Beast Evolves’) i want more. In your Velocity Diet article you said tea and coffee are fine but no cream. What about milk then? or do i have to suffer it black??

[quote]adrenalinx wrote:
intersting this has come up. Im in London (England) and we drink alot of tea and coffee. I like a hot drink anyway but when im dieting (like now im doing Thibs ‘Beast Evolves’) i want more. In your Velocity Diet article you said tea and coffee are fine but no cream. What about milk then? or do i have to suffer it black??

[/quote]

Milks leads to gain gain or slowing of fat loss, lower T levels, prostate issues, and induces cravings due to exorphin content. Milk is never good.

so do i have to have my tea and coffee black? or would you reccommend a suitible alternative when trying to lose fat?

some people say heavy cream when low carb dieting. I personally dont like powdered milk but if its better than milk i would consider it

I like unsweetened almond milk. Flax and coconut milk are good too, if buying unsweetened.

Heavy cream is okay, just calorically dense so you have to go easy on it.

thanks, i’ll try the almond milk as i think i can get that in the local supermarket