Biotest

Poopie1's V-Diet Log

It’s day 2 and so far things are going pretty good. I was OK yesterday but today I have a few bouts with hunger. I think having been a wrestler I probably handle it better than the average person but it still sucks to be hungry and there are the occasional mood swings. I expect it to subside in a few days once my body gets used to this amount of “food.” I have the support of my girl, I convinced her to do it along with me so that’s cool. My kids like it because they get to eat what they want for a few weeks and not veggies all the time.

I’ll put up my measurements tomorrow. I haven’t actually taken them yet but I can’t imagine there will be much of a change in 3 days.

Welcome aboard!

Something to ponder over the next few days: hunger vs. habit. Which are you actually feeling?

While some minor hunger is expected on any fat loss diet, most often we’re feeling the pull of habit, not true empty-belly hunger.

It’s not that bad. I like to eat so I realize it’s hard to not just grab what you want. I now tend to drink a ton of water so that helps if I get hungry. Also, it increases my NEPA becasue I’m running to the bathroom all the time.

It’s funny though, it’s habit just to walk by some food and pick it up and eat it. I have to remind myself that I’m on this diet so I don’t subconsicouly cheat. It’s cool, I like it so far and am having fun.

The workouts are killer so far. To keep track of the rest time I started to wear my heartrate watch. I thought I worked out quick before, but 30 seconds is a lot shorter than I remember.

height–5’8"
weight–173.8
neck–16
shoulde–49 3/4
chest upper–42 1/2
chest lower–40 1/4
waist–34 3/4
left arm–13 1/4
right arm–13 1/2
left thigh–22
right thigh–21 3/4
left calf–14 1/2***
right calf–15 1/2
left ankle–8 3/4
right ankle–8 1/2

***I had 2 knee surgeries so from being on crutches this calf never fully came back to normal.

Welcome to the V-Diet :wink: Wishing you much success. Keep us updated!

Lisa

Thanks austin…

Today I hopped on the scale for sh*ts and giggles and have lost 3.4 pounds already. That’s cool.

I’m pretty sore too which is surpising since I was already in decent shape, but I love it and the workouts are motivating because I know I’m getting in and out of the gym while busting my a@@.

About 3 months ago I was up to 195 pounds and thought it was cool to say I was almost 200 pounds since I’ve always been a smaller guy. But now that I’ve lost some weight I feel better, more mobile, and more like I used to feel when I was wrestling. My plans are to transition this to Nate Green’s “Built for Show” and just focus on keeping my weight/bf% lower and build that elusive lean muscle. Also, I need to go somewhere and buy some new pants because none of mine fit me anymore. I already bought smaller belts but when I tighten them the pants bunch together and I look like a tool.

I’m pretty excited about tonight, it’s my first HSM day and I’m going to have steak. Can’t wait.

Hey, welcome to the funny farm.

Looks like our stats are similar, and we started on the same day. I listed 5’9 as my height, but I’m probably rounding up half an inch; and I started at 178 lbs.

I can really identify with wanting to be bigger and heavier. My concern in dieting down is always whether I am whittling away what little muscle I have managed to develop on my arms and legs. But it’s time to put those concerns aside and just do this thing.

Chris and company have put together a good program that I think will give us the best of both worlds in a short period of time.

Best wishes for success in your program!

I felt the same way. I just finished Maximum Strength (Cressey) and my before measurements were higher than the after. It was disheartening to see that but after some thought I realized that it was for the better because I got stronger and the inches lost must have been fat. (I hope)

My goals have shifted and I still don’t really care what I weight, I just want to feel good, lean out a little more and maintain that, be as strong as possible, and the rest will come.

Mental toughness…

What I like most about this program is the mental toughness of it. As I said before I used to wrestle so I’m used to not eatting at all (really healthy…). After sitting behind a desk for 10 years you “soften” a little. Each year that passes you justify the extra pounds, less mobility, by “I’m getting old.” Even if you still are active I think the same happens with your workouts. Sure you still work out pretty hard, but it’s not consistenly balls to the wall like when you “were younger.”

The workout says 30 sec break and you think you count it in your head but you actually wait a minute or two. Put a watch on and then see how “long” 30 seconds is and that will remind you what work is.

By doing somehting like this it builds up your mental fortitude which will carry over to whatever you do in your life. Even if you were never an athlete it will show you what it takes to build that physique and hopefully teach you how to maintain it. If all goes well the intensity and dedication of this program will carry over to future workouts minues post V-Diet.

That mental toughness also carries over to business or your personal life. When the pressure mounts others will wilt, but you should persevere because you’ve done things that others won’t/can’t do. You should have that confidence to not back down or shy away from hard work, sweat, and blood (well, maybe not blood.) I guess the point is that you can get a lot more valuable lessons from this than just losing a few pounds and trying a new workout…

Mental toughness…

What I like most about this program is the mental toughness of it. As I said before I used to wrestle so I’m used to not eatting at all (really healthy…). After sitting behind a desk for 10 years you “soften” a little. Each year that passes you justify the extra pounds, less mobility, by “I’m getting old.” Even if you still are active I think the same happens with your workouts. Sure you still work out pretty hard, but it’s not consistenly balls to the wall like when you "were younger."
The workout says 30 sec break and you think you count it in your head but you actually wait a minute or two. Put a watch on and then see how “long” 30 seconds is and that will remind you what work is.

By doing somehting like this it builds up your mental fortitude which will carry over to whatever you do in your life. Even if you were never an athlete it will show you what it takes to build that physique and hopefully teach you how to maintain it. If all goes well the intensity and dedication of this program will carry over to future workouts minues post V-Diet.

That mental toughness also carries over to business or your personal life. When the pressure mounts others will wilt, but you should persevere because you’ve done things that others won’t/can’t do. You should have that confidence to not back down or shy away from hard work, sweat, and blood (well, maybe not blood.) I guess the point is that you can get a lot more valuable lessons from this than just losing a few pounds and trying a new workout…

Right on, man. This is exactly what I need to hear today. Not really for motivation in the V-Diet, but in other areas.

Thanks for that.

I’m now on my 8th day and things are going fine. I’m loving the workouts. To treat myself I’ve been making my bedtime snack a milk shake and eating it with a spoon.

I’m still thinking about my HSM last week and can hardly wait until this Friday for my next one. Its like Christmas when I was 8 years old, the anticipation is very high. I spend most of the week dreaming of what I’ll make and how good it will taste. mmmmmmm…

Almost done. So far I’m see results from my waist and overall just being lean. I can see it in my shoulders as well as my face. Now I just need to start to plan on keeping it that way.

My goals have been all over the place lately but getting back down to what I feel is a better weight (phycially) for me and my body I want to stay here and not get as big as I was before.

The diet really isn’t that bad. Yes it’s boring to drink shakes all day, but it’s really only 28 days long (if you don’t count the transition). In the grand scheme of things that’s not very long. It’s like a 1 second in your whole liftime…not a lot to make big changes in your body and fitness levels if you ask me.