Biotest

Plazma Worth the Coin?

I read the description for Biotest’s Plazma , and I was wondering what are your experiences with it? In your opinion is it worth the money? Are there other supplements you recommend over Plazma for loading the muscles with nutrients before the workout to aid in recovery and workout performace?

Has anyone tried doing 8x8 with Plazma? And how did that do if you did? I am a huge fan of 8x8, but i need to work back up to it, because i have been in season (wrestling, heavyweight, collegiate) since august, and weve been doing 2 practices a day , and most of our focus is on explosiveness, coordination, and endurance, crossfit type workout) so i need to get my strength back up to where it was before i bump the volume way up.

I have never tried Biotest’s supplements (besides a local retailer sells Spike energy drinks and i absolutely love them). I support tnation and I am a long time fan, I just never ordered anything from them yet.

And for those of you that do like Biotest, what are some other supplements from them that are a staple for you because they are so effective?

Share Your Plazma Results

Thanks for posting this, it reminded me that I need to place a Plazma order today.

Plazma is one of very few staple supplements I make sure I don’t run out of, and if I had to give all but 1 supplement up, I’d keep Plazma. It has the most utility and bang-for-the-buck, in my opinion, of any Biotest product. I really don’t like to call it a supplement in the first place, because it’s a source of nutrition first and foremost.

I consider peri-workout nutrition to be essential. Plazma helps me get through workouts, add calories easily on training days, and recover quickly. The mixture dissolves easily, and it’s very palatable to drink during a workout. I’ve definitely turned around and gone home if I forgot to bring it with me.

As far as other supplements go, I drink a brain candy every morning. I don’t really prefer pre-workout stimulants because I workout late in the day, but I do enjoy brain candy to get my day started. The effect is great, and it lasts through the whole day. Always puts/keeps me in a good mood.

I use Metabolic Drive as my meal replacement powder. I mix up 4 scoops in the morning and drink it throughout the day. I also keep Metabolic Drive bars on hand if I forget to bring lunch to work. Chocolate Chunk is by far the better flavor/texture.

I use Z12 some nights, but it’s more of a luxury supplement. I could live without it, I just like it.

I’ve been using Biotest supplements for 10 years. I’ve tried other brands, and I always come back to them. I think they have the best products on the market. Products I’ve used in the past have included MAG-10, Surge workout fuel, Surge recovery, Power Drive, ZMA, Elitepro minerals, Indigo, HOT-ROX, and more, so if you’re curious about any of these, I can share my experience with them as well.

Wow thank you for being so thorough. I am curious also about your experiences with MAG-10, Surge, and Indigo, those supplements have been on my wishlist for awhile (my mental one), i sometimes just dont have the money so ill hop on ebay or amazon and see what i can finnagle with the money i have.

I have been using MAG-10 for a little over 2 years now, I was using Surge for about 3 years until I switched to Plazma in the fall, and have been stuck on Plazma since. Plazma is really incredible stuff, every single workout I feel like I can do more than the last one. When combined with MAG-10 post workout, soreness is very limited to non existent.

Surge WOF is great no doubt, but Plazma is really the one-stop supplement that takes care of everything. Great quality carbs, just enough protein, even without a pre workout meal, if you start sipping your first serving before your workout and pace it through the end, you can still have an incredible session.

I started Indigo just about a year ago and am very happy with it. Even with brutal workouts, I’ve always had a tough time processing carbs and they would tend to add body fat along with muscle. Indigo has allowed me to up my carbs and overall calorie intake, and stay leaner, keeping in mind the rest of your overall nutrition really needs to be inline with your goals. Similar to flipcollar, I have a MD shake with greek yogurt and a half cup blueberries every morning, meat/veggies for lunch, finibar pre workout, Indigo pre, plazma throughout, MAG-10 after. I believe this combination of supplements has taken my workouts and strength beyond what I thought I could ever be capable of, and keeps me setting new goals and PRs constantly. If you can check it out, personally I think it’s completely worth it. Good luck!

I’m a Biotest believer. I’ve tried everything I was curious about, and have been amazed at the quality every time.

Plazma, on the other hand, is in a league of it’s own. I can’t speak highly enough of this stuff. It’s recovery in a bottle, as another poster said. I Abe 1 scoop to my wife and put her through an intense prowler session, after a month off, and she was begging for more (haha :wink: and wasn’t remotely sore the next day. She’s hooked. I can’t believe how well this stuff works. It’s like cheating.

Seriously, if you can swing it, buy 2. If you don’t think it works, send them both back. There’s a money back guarantee on all first time purchases. I personall promise you won’t send it back.

For the rest, Indigo does what it says. Surge isn’t bad at all, just doesn’t compare to Plazma. MAG-10 is awesome. Z-12 is the best sleep I’ve ever had with no grogginess or hangover effects. MD Banana is by far my favorite protein of all time, tastes like candy and digests well too. Brain Candy is fun, and you already know how crazy Spike is. Alpha Male is almost dangerous it works so well for me.

You can’t go wrong with Biotest products. I’ve done the shop around and price saving, and I still have a tub of whey (I know right) sitting at my house collectin dust. Take the plunge, you won’t look back.

Alright guys, I appreciate all the responses thus far, and I am most certainly taking them into account for my next round of supplements. I really havent taken anything since last august, just food and multivitamins, bu tnow that my season is over ill have more time to work, which means more cash. It is sounding like Plazma is gonna be on my list.

And i am very curious about micro pa. If you guys would take a look at my post in the thread http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/micro-pa-users/micropa_results_help_ about micro pa, and answer some of the questions i have on it , thatd be great!

[quote]doimakeyourandi wrote:
Wow thank you for being so thorough. I am curious also about your experiences with MAG-10, Surge, and Indigo, those supplements have been on my wishlist for awhile (my mental one), i sometimes just dont have the money so ill hop on ebay or amazon and see what i can finnagle with the money i have. [/quote]

MAG-10: I like it, and used it a bunch before Plazma came on the market. I don’t have any on hand right now because I’m currently just buying Plazma. My wife has asked me to consolidate my protein jug collection, so instead of drinking MAG-10 after workouts, I’m just drinking more Plazma.

Surge Workout fuel: I still keep a jug of this around. I think it’s very useful for endurance training. If I’m doing something more aerobic than weight lifting (playing a sport, crossfit workout, running), I’ll use 1 scoop of Plazma in my drink, and add a couple scoops of Surge. I think this works well.

Surge Recovery: I used this for years, and still love it. If I couldn’t afford Plazma, this would be my go-to post workout drink. It’s still very effective, and tastes pretty awesome.

Indigo: I’m not sold on this, but I only ran 2 bottles. I think since I’m already very carb tolerant as it is, the potential effect is not as significant for me as it has been for others. I may try it again somewhere down the road.

Micro PA: I’m intrigued. I was SOOOO close to clicking on it in my last order. I think it could be a great supplement, and I can only assume I’ll eventually try it. Maybe next time there’s a sale or coupon code or whatever I’ll pick some up.

Wow thank you for being so thorough. I am curious also about your experiences with MAG-10, Surge, and Indigo, those supplements have been on my wishlist for awhile (my mental one), i sometimes just dont have the money so ill hop on ebay or amazon and see what i can finnagle with the money i have. [/quote]

For me I like to go with MAG-10 because its like a higher protein less carb version of Plazma But I already have supplemental TMG CM and if I want I can add HBCD. To me I think thats the way to get the best bang for your buck. Also I love Metabolic Drive. I’ve used 1000’s of different protein powders and I like it the best.

Everything they have is great quality. Also Micro pa, Carbolin 19, Spike, leucine are what Im using now. Been using Spike off and on forever. I like the delivery system they use to

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

MAG-10: I like it, and used it a bunch before Plazma came on the market. I don’t have any on hand right now because I’m currently just buying Plazma. My wife has asked me to consolidate my protein jug collection, so instead of drinking MAG-10 after workouts, I’m just drinking more Plazma.

Surge Workout fuel: I still keep a jug of this around. I think it’s very useful for endurance training. If I’m doing something more aerobic than weight lifting (playing a sport, crossfit workout, running), I’ll use 1 scoop of Plazma in my drink, and add a couple scoops of Surge. I think this works well.

Surge Recovery: I used this for years, and still love it. If I couldn’t afford Plazma, this would be my go-to post workout drink. It’s still very effective, and tastes pretty awesome.

Indigo: I’m not sold on this, but I only ran 2 bottles. I think since I’m already very carb tolerant as it is, the potential effect is not as significant for me as it has been for others. I may try it again somewhere down the road.

Micro PA: I’m intrigued. I was SOOOO close to clicking on it in my last order. I think it could be a great supplement, and I can only assume I’ll eventually try it. Maybe next time there’s a sale or coupon code or whatever I’ll pick some up.[/quote]
Micro pa and Leucine bro, Get on it srs

Alright thanks guys, next time i get my hands on some cash, im definitely getting some Plazma, if i have enough ill grab some Micro-PA too.

Whats your guys take on Alpha Male

Whats your guys take on Alpha Male[/quote]

I love it. It works, quite noticeably for me. I want to smash stuff and yell at people, but I am happy about it in a strange, all-powerful way. Not sure if my co-workers like it much.

Check this article out:
http://www.T-Nation.com/supplements/insights-Alpha Male

Regarding Alpha Male, I think your baseline T levels are important. It’s going to have a more pronounced, noticeable effect on those with low T. At your age, unless you do actually have testosterone issues (anything below average), it’s not likely to be the best use of your money. It’s a good supplement, but I think Biotest offers other supplements that will have more bang for the buck in your case. If you were 40 and not 22, I might recommend Alpha Male more.

thanks! I am actually planning on getting all my hormones and thyroid checked soon. Just as a precaution, ive noticed in the last like two years my recovery,mood, leanness, and overall enthusiasm about everything has taken a hit . But that might just be that im a broke, college athlete. Its always good to check.

Opinions of Carbolin 19

Am I reading the label right? It’s three doses per workout and only 20 doses per bottle? That’s 65$ for almost 7 workouts?

Eh, Id probably just take it before,or just after. Im in college, whatever I do buy ive got to make last.

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:
Am I reading the label right? It’s three doses per workout and only 20 doses per bottle? That’s 65$ for almost 7 workouts? [/quote]

You can use just 2 servings which is quite bit. For budgeting just use one scoop, better than nothing.

Eh, Id probably just take it before,or just after. Im in college, whatever I do buy ive got to make last. [/quote]

It’s not an “after” supplement if you’re referring to <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:
Am I reading the label right? It’s three doses per workout and only 20 doses per bottle? That’s 65$ for almost 7 workouts? [/quote]

You can use just 2 servings which is quite bit. For budgeting just use one scoop, better than nothing.[/quote]

I generally use about a scoop and a half. I drink half of it about 15 minutes before my workout, then 15 minutes in I start drinking the rest of it.