Biotest

Plazma RTD Now Available

Plazma RTD (ready to drink) is now available:

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma-rtd-8-pack"target=“new”>Plazma RTD 8-Pack

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma-rtd-24-pack"target=“new”>Plazma RTD 24-Pack

And if you missed it, we’ve also added two new sizes of our Nalgene LabWare bottles, 500ml and 1000ml.

I just want to thank Biotest and Tim Patterson for getting this out…AND your gestures to your customers.

This afternoon, I was interrupted in one of my meetings by a phone call from…Colorado. It has been awhile since I got a call from Biotest, but on the line was JRod telling me the Plazma RTDs were available and that a complementary bundle of it was coming my way for a trial run.

I am extremely excited to use this product; it will be much more convenient for me on those really busy days when you actually don’t have time to mix your powder. I, like most folks using Plazma, will still use the powder version, but this just adds alot more convenience for me personally on those tough time restricted days.

JRod, as usual, is such a personable guy…he’s a great representative of Biotest and if he hasn’t gotten one already, he needs a raise guys.

Thanks again.

ordered. gonna be great for my gym days where I literally can’t stick a Nalgene bottle in my bag because it’s too full of equipment, lol.

How long until the expiration date of the current batch of RTD Plazma? I’m curious if the RTD’s have a shorter shelf life than the powders since its already in solution.

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
How long until the expiration date of the current batch of RTD Plazma? I’m curious if the RTD’s have a shorter shelf life than the powders since its already in solution. [/quote]

The current batch has a best-by date of April 2014. Let me talk to Tim Patterson and get all the details.

Just doing the maths for everyone:

One bottle of RTD Plazma is the equivalent of 1 cup of 65 grams of Plazma, pack of 24 cost 90
So one workout would require 2 to 4 bottle according to your need and duration of W-O.

Assuming you take 2 bottles/Workout, it’s 7,5$/workout (not counting every other supplement)
Assuming you take 3 bottles/Workout, it’s 11,25$/workout

One bottle of powder Plazma is 1300 g, the equivalent of 20 cups of 65 g cost 65$

Assuming you take 2 bottles/Workout, it’s 6,5$/workout
Assuming you take 3 bottles/Workout, it’s 9,75$/workout

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:

This afternoon, I was interrupted in one of my meetings by a phone call from…Colorado. It has been awhile since I got a call from Biotest, but on the line was JRod telling me the Plazma RTDs were available and that a complementary bundle of it was coming my way for a trial run.
[/quote]
Damn why don’t I ever get free stuff?!! :frowning:

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

[/quote]
Damn why don’t I ever get free stuff?!! :([/quote]

I understand your frustration, and actually contemplated not mentioning this due to possible backlash. The reason given to me: I spend a crap load every month on Biotest supplementation, frankly because it works for me. As a “thank you” and because I showed alot of interest in the RTDs, they sent me some. Very nice gesture; this is only the 2nd time it has ever happened (1st time was with brain candy).

As an example of crapload, here is just an idea of my “typical” month:

4 tubs of MAG-10
2 bottles of Indigo-3G
4 tubs of Plazma (turning out to be not every month though)
4 cases of Finibars
2 bottles of alpha-GPC
2 bottles of Rhodiola
2 bottles of Carbolin 19-19
1 bottle of Flameout
1 bottle of Superfood

Sometimes it is more, sometimes less, but the above is just an average of what I get.

Now, not everyone can do this; and not everyone believes in the pulse feast protocol that I exclusively stick to nowadays. But believe it or not, the expenditure above is WAY less than what I normally used to spend on just food alone. I strongly believe in each of the products indicated above; they are my “staples” to date.

All in all, I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who has received promotional “trial” items from Biotest. I just thank them for the very kind gesture they extended to me in this case.

Another great use for RTDs: road trips, whether for vacation or for business.
So easy to grab a few RTDs and you’re off.
Just wish I could bring these aboard a plane. How convenient would that be? Damn terrorists…

MAG-10 RTDs would probably be better for this purpose, but those of us who have experimented with Plazma pulses also know that that is quite effective as well.

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
Just doing the maths for everyone:

One bottle of RTD Plazma is the equivalent of 1 cup of 65 grams of Plazma, pack of 24 cost 90
So one workout would require 2 to 4 bottle according to your need and duration of W-O.

Assuming you take 2 bottles/Workout, it’s 7,5$/workout (not counting every other supplement)
Assuming you take 3 bottles/Workout, it’s 11,25$/workout

One bottle of powder Plazma is 1300 g, the equivalent of 20 cups of 65 g cost 65$

Assuming you take 2 bottles/Workout, it’s 6,5$/workout
Assuming you take 3 bottles/Workout, it’s 9,75$/workout
[/quote]

Don’t you also have to buy flavoring with the powder too? Or no?

I’m not completely understanding the product lineup here.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Don’t you also have to buy flavoring with the powder too? Or no?

I’m not completely understanding the product lineup here.[/quote]

Standard Plazma <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma in powder form comes with your choice of Biotest Intensified Liquid Flavoring included in the price.

For <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma-rtd-8-pack"target=“new”>Plazma RTD, the RTD stands for “ready to drink” and it’s premixed and pre-flavored for convenience.

[/quote]

I understand your frustration, and actually contemplated not mentioning this due to possible backlash. The reason given to me: I spend a crap load every month on Biotest supplementation, frankly because it works for me. As a “thank you” and because I showed alot of interest in the RTDs, they sent me some. Very nice gesture; this is only the 2nd time it has ever happened (1st time was with Brain Candy).

4 tubs of MAG-10
2 bottles of Indigo-3G
4 cases of Finibars
2 bottles of Alpha-GPC
2 bottles of Rhodiola
2 bottles of Carbolin 19
1 bottle of Flameout
1 bottle of Superfood

Sometimes it is more, sometimes less, but the above is just an average of what I get.

Now, not everyone can do this; and not everyone believes in the pulse feast protocol that I exclusively stick to nowadays. But believe it or not, the expenditure above is WAY less than what I normally used to spend on just food alone. I strongly believe in each of the products indicated above; they are my “staples” to date.

All in all, I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who has received promotional “trial” items from Biotest. I just thank them for the very kind gesture they extended to me in this case.
[/quote]

Nice stack! And I thought I was spending a lot!

[/quote]

I understand your frustration, and actually contemplated not mentioning this due to possible backlash. The reason given to me: I spend a crap load every month on Biotest supplementation, frankly because it works for me. As a “thank you” and because I showed alot of interest in the RTDs, they sent me some. Very nice gesture; this is only the 2nd time it has ever happened (1st time was with Brain Candy).

4 tubs of MAG-10
2 bottles of Indigo-3G
4 cases of Finibars
2 bottles of Alpha-GPC
2 bottles of Rhodiola
2 bottles of Carbolin 19
1 bottle of Flameout
1 bottle of Superfood

[/quote]

[/quote]

It truly is. However, if I had to pare down that list, the supps I would categorize as absolutely necessary for me are MAG-10 1st followed by Indigo-3G. Plazma would be 3rd only because I believe I can use MAG-10 for peri-workout when combined with some carbs. It wouldn’t be as effective I strongly believe, but we’re talking parring down. The remaining supps are “niceties”. They have been very effective for me but I can “survive” without them.

Added to the list above though, I realized I forgot to put in ElitePro Minerals and Z-12. I only remembered last night before bed…when I was reaching for the minerals and the Z-12 in the cupboard.

[/quote]

4 tubs of MAG-10
2 bottles of Indigo-3G
4 cases of Finibars
2 bottles of Alpha-GPC
2 bottles of Rhodiola
2 bottles of Carbolin 19
1 bottle of Flameout
1 bottle of Superfood

[/quote]

[/quote]

It truly is. However, if I had to pare down that list, the supps I would categorize as absolutely necessary for me are MAG-10 1st followed by Indigo-3G. Plazma would be 3rd only because I believe I can use MAG-10 for peri-workout when combined with some carbs. It wouldn’t be as effective I strongly believe, but we’re talking parring down. The remaining supps are “niceties”. They have been very effective for me but I can “survive” without them.

Added to the list above though, I realized I forgot to put in ElitePro Minerals and Z-12. I only remembered last night before bed…when I was reaching for the minerals and the Z-12 in the cupboard. [/quote]

Ha buffed your list looks like mine.Problem Is that Biotest keeps on coming up with great supps and then there’s another one added to the list.One good thing about being single Is that the only one to spoil Is myself.

[/quote]

4 tubs of MAG-10
2 bottles of Indigo-3G
4 cases of Finibars
2 bottles of Alpha-GPC
2 bottles of Rhodiola
2 bottles of Carbolin 19
1 bottle of Flameout
1 bottle of Superfood

[/quote]

[/quote]

Added to the list above though, I realized I forgot to put in ElitePro Minerals and Z-12. I only remembered last night before bed…when I was reaching for the minerals and the Z-12 in the cupboard. [/quote]
don’t you ever cycle off Rhodiola?
I had a similar list a few years back. I’m probably paying 1/3 (or more) extra than you are when you factor in shipping + VAT etc. These days I normally sick to whey and fish oil.

I personnaly take Rhodiola all the time. It’s hard to describe the effect, but I feel it gives me energy.

I had a similar list a few years back. I’m probably paying 1/3 (or more) extra than you are when you factor in shipping + VAT etc. These days I normally sick to whey and fish oil.
[/quote]

For me, the sweet spot for taking Rhodiola was 5 days on, 2 days off. Basically I just take the weekends off, then start back up again. Rhodiola has been quite surprising to me in the way it helps me deal with stress (mostly work related); better than anything else I’ve tried.

I am really lucky that I don’t have to pay the shipping costs you have to!

[quote]jppage wrote:
Ha buffed your list looks like mine.Problem Is that Biotest keeps on coming up with great supps and then there’s another one added to the list.One good thing about being single Is that the only one to spoil Is myself.[/quote]

It’s exciting though, isn’t it? (i.e. all the new stuff coming out)
With the price drops, it only makes it better for me. Some of the money I’m saving due to the drop will be used to purchase the RTDs. In my line of business and schedule, RTDs are such a time saver. Especially when I can’t expect a refrigerator around to hold my MAG-10 Nalgene bottle for pulses when I’m out. I’ll just pulse with Plazma RTDs instead!

[/quote]

For me, the sweet spot for taking Rhodiola was 5 days on, 2 days off. Basically I just take the weekends off, then start back up again. Rhodiola has been quite surprising to me in the way it helps me deal with stress (mostly work related); better than anything else I’ve tried.

I am really lucky that I don’t have to pay the shipping costs you have to! [/quote]
I really love Biotest rhodiola,it’s really superior to other brands i’ve tried. I thought the recommendation was to treat it as “medicine” and only take it to “adapt” to a new stress?

[/quote]

I am really lucky that I don’t have to pay the shipping costs you have to! [/quote]
I really love Biotest rhodiola,it’s really superior to other brands i’ve tried. I thought the recommendation was to treat it as “medicine” and only take it to “adapt” to a new stress? [/quote]

Well, with my working schedule which involves quite a bit of traveling and my current training program (7 days a week), my entire system (physical and mental) are taxed quite a bit. I find that Rhodiola taken often has really helped me to withstand this stress and keep me in a wonderful mood. I’ve taken long breaks from Rhodiola in the thinking that the body adapts to the herb after prolonged use, but frankly I have found that it doesn’t lose its effectiveness when taking it in the way that I am now. Everyone’s experience is different.