Biotest

Plazma/Mag-10 Protocol (Maybe Surge Workout Fuel?)

Hi all!

I’ve been using Plazma for the last few months and am loving it! Currently I’ve been using 2 servings per workout, but I believe I may be using them for workouts where it is not needed and wanted to get some advice. Also looking to add Mag-10 into the mix.

My goal is to get the best bang for my buck. Budget is pretty open, but I’d prefer not to go over 2 scoops of Plazma since it does get expensive really fast!

Here is my basic workout schedule

Monday - Olympic Lifting work + some 5rm work on squats, oh press etc + 15 min skill work + Endurance - approx 2+ hrs(my longest day)
Tuesday - Interval Weight Training - approx 1 1/2 hrs
Wednesday - Skill day(mostly gymnastic work and no weights) - approx 1hr
Thursday - Olympic lifting work + some 5rm work(glute/hamstring focus) - approx 2hrs
Friday - Endurance + 15min skill work - approx 30-40m
Saturday - 30m Skill work + 2 metcons - Can range from 1 1/2 hrs to 3 hours.

Current protocol is just preworkout 30 minutes before, then during my warm up i drink 1 serving of Plazma, then sip on the last serving throughout. Then I’ll eat 1-2 hours after.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I didn’t really catch the question in there, but I think you’re trying to fine-tune your workout nutrition overall??

[quote=“SelfInflicted, post:1, topic:6156”]
Monday - Olympic Lifting work + some 5rm work on squats, oh press etc + 15 min skill work + Endurance - approx 2+ hrs(my longest day)Tuesday - Interval Weight Training - approx 1 1/2 hrsWednesday - Skill day(mostly gymnastic work and no weights) - approx 1hrThursday - Olympic lifting work + some 5rm work(glute/hamstring focus) - approx 2hrsFriday - Endurance + 15min skill work - approx 30-40mSaturday - 30m Skill work + 2 metcons - Can range from 1 1/2 hrs to 3 hours.[/quote]
The general rule of thumb is that Plazma is ideal for weight training workouts, Mag-10 can be used for conditioning-type stuff. So, Plazma would be best with the Monday and Thursday lifting sessions.

I’m not really sure what “interval weight training” is on Tuesday. Wed and Fri should be perfect for Mag-10 since they’re shorter and skill work is usually “easier” than hard lifting.

I believe Christian Thibaudeau likes his CrossFit competitors to use Surge Workout Fuel with metcons, so that would be a good call on Saturday.

Is the “preworkout” some kind of stimulant thing? You might want to either push that back or at least not make it a regular/mandatory thing before every session.

The pre-load with Plazma is a big part of getting the most out of it. I’d start the first serving, like the label suggests, about 15 minutes before lifting and have the other serving from the warm-ups until the end.

Sorry if I was vague. You are correct, my question is how can I refine my current workout nutrition which only includes Plazma.

Here is this weeks training for Interval Weight Training - Hopefully this helps.

3 Rounds
15 hang power snatch - 95/65
2 min row
2 min rest

rest 5 min

3 Rounds
165/115 - front rack walking lunge 10 yds/ OH walking lunge 10 yds
2 min assault bike
2 min rest

rest 5 min

3 rounds not for time
6 each goblet side lunge - 70/35
10 sliding hamstring curls
10 each - SL Calf raise - full ROM

It is indeed stimulant that I’m trying to ween myself off of. I workout right after work and tend to rely heavily on it to give me the energy I need.

What if my warm up doesn’t consist of lifting? Usually its about 5 minutes of rowing, then some mobility work. I normally drink it right before I start rowing so that is about 15 minutes before I even start to pick up the barbell.

Follow up questions

1. On the days I only use Mag-10 do I just take 1 serving?
  2. Do I take a serving of Mag-10 after my workout on days I use SWF/Plazma?

Thanks Chris for all the help!

That’s all one workout? Geez. I’d probably go with Surge Workout Fuel for something like that, since it’s not straight lifting and there’s a pretty serious conditioning element throughout.

Ah, gotcha. You can sort of play it by ear based on how you feel, but if it’s that long before you get to the weights, and then presuming you do some specific warm-ups before getting to work sets, then you’re probably on point with what you’ve been doing.

Yep. One eerving (2 scoops) is fine for conditioning sessions. A short workout, like your Friday, could probably be fine with 1 scoop.

If you can, sure. A serving of Mag-10 a while after training/before eating is like recovery insurance. Definitely helps bump everything up a notch.