Biotest

Plazma & MAG-10 Di-/Tripeptides

I see both Plazma & MAG-10 have have the same Highly Structuralized Di-/Tripeptides listed on the label, yet the active ingredient in the store lists different key ingredients. Can I assume they both have the same Di./Tripeptides as the Key Ingredient hydrolyzed from Casein Hydrolysate aka “Bioactive Casein”?

Obviously I realize they have a different amount of carbs, electrolytes and other ingredients that makes them different. Just trying to understand from a science standpoint, thanks.

You can view the exact labels for each by clicking on “label” under each supplement in the store:

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma
<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10

I’ve been interested in this also… as far as the pulsing goes can you use the BCAA structured peptides in replace of Mag-10? In the latest article it says you can use one or the other . Also why are we waiting an hour post workout to pulse? Can and should we be ingesting some whey immediately after or just wait to pulse?

[quote]bigauxt26 wrote:
I’ve been interested in this also… as far as the pulsing goes can you use the BCAA structured peptides in replace of Mag-10? In the latest article it says you can use one or the other . Also why are we waiting an hour post workout to pulse? Can and should we be ingesting some whey immediately after or just wait to pulse?[/quote]

1. Not really the exact same effect. Mag-10 is far superior. Remember, Mag-10 is more than just BCAA.

2. No, not if you’re using proper pre and intra workout nutrition.

Thanks Chris, I suspected it was based on your peri- workout nutrition I’m just so accustomed to getting that 35-40 grams of whey isolate immediately after regardless of intra workout nutrition… one last thing, based on finances I can really only pulse 2 times a day which as of now looks like this: workout days pulse post workout and before bed, off days pulse first thing in the morning and after lunch… do u recommend different or is that sufficient? Thanks for your time

That’s a good schedule, as long the after-lunch pulse in a few hours after lunch i.e. between lunch and dinner. It’s hard to actually “mess up” a Mag-10 pulse. Post-workout is great and many swear by pre-bed, first thing in the AM, and/or between meal pulses. A pulse is also perfect for short, intense conditioning-only workouts: drink one serving, a little before, a little during, and a little after. This can speed fat loss and prevent any catabolism.

Great advice … again thanks for your time