Biotest

Plazma Citrulline Malate and Betaine Amounts

I just noticed the other day that Plazma contains both Citrulline Malate and Betaine Anhydrous. How many grams or mg of each are in each serving?

I add my own blend of various amino acids to my pre-workout Plazma drink and would like to adjust the quantities of both ingredients if the amounts are substantial in Plazma.

Thanks,
Keith

Each scoop of Plazma contains 6 grams of citrulline malate and 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous. So you’re definitely getting a solid effective dose as-is.

Not sure I follow. You’re adding extra aminos to Plazma? That’s not necessary and not recommended. It was specifically designed and balanced to be absorbed optimally. Adding other ingredients can compromise the benefits. The only approved option would be to add creatine.

Ah I yeah definitely don’t want/need to take more Citrulline Malate or Betaine then…

The other aminos I’ve added pre-workout are:

5 grams of Tyrosine
5 grams of Taurine
3 grams of Beta Alanine

I’ve used tyrosine tablets pre-workout when I wanted to take a break from caffeine, like 2-3g though. Not sure it would hit the same if taken during a session.

Kind of a take it or leave it option. Not a ton of conclusive physical benefits itself. Christian Thibaudeau has talked a lot about it in his coaching forum as a “neural regulator” to calm down the CNS, so it’d be better suited for post-workout, not during-workout.

However, it may also reduce the muscle pump, which is the direct opposite purpose of Plazma.

Not bad on its own, but better suited for longer duration training (very high volume stuff, endurance work, etc.). It’s redundant with the citrulline.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.