Biotest

Plazma and MAG-10 for Powerlifting Comp

Hi Chris,

I have a Powerlifting Competition coming up this Saturday and have been training with Plazma + MAG-10 on the run up to it. Do you guys have any recommendations for their use on the day of the competition?

It’s a typical meet, 3 lifts for Squats/Bench/Deadlift in that order and is set to last around 6-7hrs in total.

Many thanks!

For that duration, a simple protocol would be to have a serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma pre-loaded before each of the three lifts. Then one serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 after each lift or between lifts.

Here’s what CT recommended for after weigh ins to me ( assuming 24 hour weigh in )
"I would have 2 servings of PLAZMA in 1000ml of water after the weigh-in, 2 other servinfs 1 hour after. Then every hour 1 FINIBAR + 2 scoops of MAG-10 in 1000ml of water. And a large pizza in the evening (but not too late to be able to get soem sleep… not that you would sleep much anwyay, but still). "

What I did during the meet was Alpha-GPC 90 minutes prior to opening squat, then another cap immediately before my first squat, first bench, first deadlift. So each carried over to the next event with the last one on deadlifts starting to boost recovery post meet.

I drank 2 pulses of MAG-10 pre meet 6:30/7:30 for each pulse, had a light breakfast of oatmeal and some fruit.

I used Plazma by mixing 4 doses in 2L of water and drank that throughout the day. Pulsing 1 dose 30 minutes prior to squatting ( so after the rules meeting before warmups), then a dose after each attempt so that the following attempt I’d be nutrient loaded.

I also had Power Drive in that 2L mix. 3-4 scoops. Then post meet I drank 1L of water with 4 servings of MAG-10 and 2 scoops Power Drive. Then ate dinner about 8pm.

I had a few Finibars between flights. Maybe a total of 2 for the day. Some bits of beef jerky, but with all the Plazma I knew my nurtition was covered.

Thanks for the information both you! I’ll definitely follow the pre loading schedule. Unfortunately the weigh - in is that morning so will have to be careful with my food etc until then.

Thanks again guys!

[quote]antman wrote:
Thanks for the information both you! I’ll definitely follow the pre loading schedule. Unfortunately the weigh - in is that morning so will have to be careful with my food etc until then.

Thanks again guys![/quote]

In that case I would suggest getting 2-3 doses of plazma in you as soon as you weigh in, that way you get some quality nutrients in you and hopefully a little extra performance out of it.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]antman wrote:

Thanks again guys![/quote]

In that case I would suggest getting 2-3 doses of plazma in you as soon as you weigh in, that way you get some quality nutrients in you and hopefully a little extra performance out of it.[/quote]

Thanks Cors, that was my thinking also!