Biotest

Planning on Indigo with 13 Weeks Before BB Contest

Hi Everyone,

I have been combing through all the threads/articles regarding to Indigo 3G and I am preparing to make the purchase in preparation for a bodybuilding contest in about 13 weeks. I have been cutting down the past month and half, and I am feeling good in my diet and progress.

I did however want to get any feedback from anyone that has used Indigo 3G prior to a contest as well, and whether they did anything different then the standard protocol of one serving (6 caps) before workouts or empty stomach before dinner on off-days.

Currently I am on about 100 grams of carbs a day. About 300 grams of program. and I have about a macro split of 60% protein, 20% fat and 20% carbs.

If anyone has any advice pertaining to using Indigo while dieting down, i would certainly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

6’2
192lbs
Approx. 11% BF

Oscar

[quote]parrao79 wrote:
I did however want to get any feedback from anyone that has used Indigo 3G prior to a contest as well, and whether they did anything different then the standard protocol of one serving (6 caps) before workouts or empty stomach before dinner on off-days.[/quote]
Lonnie123, The Mighty Stu, Yodaddy, and other members have used it while prepping for a contest. You might be able to pick their brains about the details. But label recommendation that you said (6 caps pre-workout or pre-dinner) is pretty standard, even for competitors.

[quote]Currently I am on about 100 grams of carbs a day. About 300 grams of program. and I have about a macro split of 60% protein, 20% fat and 20% carbs.

If anyone has any advice pertaining to using Indigo while dieting down, i would certainly appreciate it.[/quote]
One thing to remember with Indigo is that it kind of works “better” when you’re diet is carb-rich or at least has plenty of carbs to work with. 100g a day isn’t a whole lot, especially if you’re lifting hard several days a week and doing cardio.

I’d try bumping up your carbs a bit, even if it increases your daily calories (which already sound pretty low for being this far out of the show). If the Indigo is kicking in, your training is on point (and takes advantage of the increased carbs), and the rest of your diet is dialed in, it should only be good stuff.

To get some more detailed info specifically about contest prep, and to maybe “log” the lead-up to your contest, think about starting a thread in the Bodybuilding forum so the other competitors can chime in on other stuff like training, nutrition, posing, etc.