Biotest

Pizza Dough - Fridge/Freezer Friendly?

Hi Chris,

So far I have tried both the coconut-flax and almond pizza crusts with great results. I have not tried the cauliflower version yet, but that is my next project.

I was wondering if you had any success making any of these in bulk and storing them in the fridge or freezer for later use. My main concern is not the preparation. They do not take long to make. It is the clean-up. If I can make a several at once and save myself the repeated clean-ups, that would be awesome. I work until 7-8 PM or later, so my best success is going to be utilizing things I can make in bulk on the weekends.

I plan on going ahead and testing this out, but I thought I would see if I could learn from anyone else who might have tried this already.

I haven’t tried that yet, but it should work and it’s a great idea.

All I’ve done is prep the crust in the AM, even flattening it out onto a pizza pan, then shove it into the fridge for cooking that night. Works great, but I’ve never frozen one.

Keep us posted please!

I have frozen the coconut-flax one (several of them actually) and they work fine. I think the longest I had one frozen was 10 days. I just let them cool and wrap them tightly with saran wrap and throw em in the freezer.

[quote]Icarus wrote:
I have frozen the coconut-flax one (several of them actually) and they work fine. I think the longest I had one frozen was 10 days. I just let them cool and wrap them tightly with saran wrap and throw em in the freezer.
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to go ahead and make several then to use later in the week. I was planning on just making one and seeing how it turned it, but now I can go ahead and prepare a week or so’s worth in advance.

Tried this today and it worked perfect. Switched the crust from the freezer to the fridge before work this morning, and I had a mess free pizza ready for dinner 30-minutes after I got home. Enjoyed a nice salad and a small bowl of soup while waiting for it to bake. Going to start making dough balls in bunches on the weekends.

Cool thanks for the update.