Biotest

Pizza Crust Idea

So I’m thinking for tomorrow I want to make a small pizza. The plan is to make a small 4-5 inch pizza to go with a main meat dish with some veggies on the side. I’m sure this will produce more than enough dough, so will cut down to what i need after making the dough.

Dough: (Any input from TNation pizza vets is welcomed)

2 cup quinoa flour
.5 cup golden flax seed
2 tbsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of Nut Oil( extra oil from 100% Peanut/Almond Nut Butter )
Water ( not sure on how much will be needed but will update when I make the dough )
Seasoning (pepper, oregano, basil)

Toppings: (The amounts may vary as i see how they are when i am making it)
( again any suggestions are welcomed)
1/4 cup mozzarella
2 tbsp of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of sliced grape tomatoes
Additional seasoning to taste.

Cooking Plan;
I want a thin crisp crust so initially, so will roll out the crust. “fork it,” and then bake till it is golden brown and has crisped up. Then Take it out of the oven and put the toppings on it. At this point I will place it under a broiler to cook/melt the toppings

I’ll update this after I actually complete the crust and then again when i get to eating it. I’m kinda basing this off some different crusts i found online, but not exactly. Hoping for the best.

I haven’t used quinoa flour yet for crusts. Should work though. Keep us posted!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I haven’t used quinoa flour yet for crusts. Should work though. Keep us posted!

[/quote]

Not quite there. It ended up being a very good and tasty crust but there definitely are some things I want to change in the recipe. I’ll update this when I get it down and be sure to add some photos of the “Construction” and the finished product.