Biotest

Pie Crust in 4 Minutes

You may have caught this idea in one of my previous posts on healthy pie-making (here’s <a href="http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/avocado_cheesecake"target=“new”>one), but I thought it deserved its own thread. Here’s how to make a low-carb, sugar-free pie crust in about 4 minutes:

1. Melt some omega-3 enriched Smart Balance stick butter in a pan (a pat or two)

2. Toss in some diced nuts of choice. I’m using pecans in the pic above. Cook and toss for a couple of minutes. Transfer to pie pan.

3. Sprinkle on a little almond flour or coconut four. This will give it a graham cracker texture, only, you know, without the diabetes.

4. I usually stop here and just pour in my pie filling ingredients (sugar-free pudding mix, almond milk, fat free cream cheese, stuff like that.) But you can sprinkle in some Splenda or stevia at this point if you’d like.

There you go – pie crust.

Final product: Peanut butter flavored cheesecake. No sugar, no flour, no milk (though a little cream cheese).

Nice! Made the butternut squash pie tonight with a walnut and almond flour crust, so good, but I couldn’t quite finish it all in one sitting lol. Eating healthy food sure is rough…I feel so deprived.

There was one the other day that had a pumpkin filling in it that looked GOOD…I think I will try that one. I can not seem to find the recipe for the filling, I only remember the pumpkin filing I am not sure what else it would need…

[quote]mattrush13 wrote:
Nice! Made the butternut squash pie tonight with a walnut and almond flour crust, so good, but I couldn’t quite finish it all in one sitting lol. Eating healthy food sure is rough…I feel so deprived.[/quote]

Wait until you try this. Recipe coming soon!

[quote]texis300 wrote:
There was one the other day that had a pumpkin filling in it that looked GOOD…I think I will try that one. I can not seem to find the recipe for the filling, I only remember the pumpkin filing I am not sure what else it would need…[/quote]

I’ll post a full recipe for pumpkin cake (with icing) later this week, Wednesday or Friday, in the Hammer blog.

I have a bad sweet tooth… and these pics are not helping… I have almond flour on the way… I amnot sure if I can wait…

i bet your neighbors were like “why is that dude taking pics of that pie sitting in the grass???”

looks great. i bought some 100% pure pumpkin at walmart yesterday and i was thinking today “what am i going to make with this?” looks like i have the answer now!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.