Biotest

Phattys P&P Velocity Adventure

I’ve playfully coined this the Pill and Powder diet so my non-nutritionally inclined friends understand it. I started yesterday weighing in at 5’9", 195.

I put on about 10-15 lbs after I quit running (did a half-marathon in November). The bulk of that weight is muscle but I’m really trying to sport some more abs for the upcoming summer. Seattle summer may never come but I’m gonna be ready anyways.

Body fat is about 17% and I’m shooting for 12% by the end of it. I decided to substitute one of Waterbury’s workouts from “Huge in a Hurry,” a fantastic book for anyone who wants to get serious with weight training.

I’m super busy so I’ll try to post weekly updates and pics will come at the end. They’re just sitting on my digi cam for now.

Congrats on the development of your revolutionary program, Chris, and thanks for bringing it out for us motivated, dedicated lifters who want to cut up.

Adam

P&P diet: That’s pretty funny!

Of course, I have to encourage you to use Coach Waterbury’s V-Diet Training program. Nothing at all wrong with your idea of using a program from his excellent book, Huge in a Hurry, but I bet even Chad would say to use the workout he wrote specifically for those doing the V-Diet.

You’ll find that many of the principles are the same anyway; the V-program is just more geared for those on a lower calorie, reduced-carb diet.

Keep us posted on your results regardless!

Here’s starter pics from Tues (2/24). I started my adventure on the following morning, 25th. I’ll post updated weight Wednesday. So far so good is all I can say.

You’d be surprised at how interested my friends and coworkers are in the diet, besides the fact they all think I’m nuts. They are all supportive which is great and hopefully they’ll jump on board when I see some real results.

-Adam

Front

Ooops. Side

By side I mean this…sorry.

You will do great on it man, as long as you follow it the way your suppose to.
I lost 32lbs in 6 weeks on it. So it is possible.

I thought I would say hello :slight_smile:
Even though Luck has nothing to do with it…good luck…How is it going so far???

Thank you very much for the support guys! It’s going well…did the V-Burn today, and wow, wasn’t ready for that! Made it half-way through the intermediate one and switched to finish on the beginner.

Eating my HSM now, chicken breast, broccoli, and a sweet potato.

Can’t wait to weigh in on Wednesday morning for week 1 results.

keep up the good work man, I just had my HSM as well…brilliant!

sounds like you’re off to a great start :slight_smile:

Your HSM is almost identical to my first one, except that I had mahimahi in place of the chicken . . . did the sweet potatoes just absolutely MELT in your mouth like they did mine?? I swear that sweet potatoes have NEVER tasted so good! Another trick - try “dipping” your chicken in mashed sweet potatoes sometime. Sounds weird, I know - but something about the combination of the salt in the chicken and the sweetness of the yams is heaven.

Keep up the great work - I look forward to seeing your week 1 #'s!

Winding down a day of ups and downs…NEPA and gym were amazing. I felt stronger and more alert in the weight room than before I was on the Velocity diet, which is very surprising…made a personal best with deadlifts today, able to do 5X5 with 210 lb on the bar.

I felt real hunger pangs after my 2nd shake of the day and pre-made my dinner shake early. I put it in the fridge and it congealed into some really gross sludge. Word to the wise, don’t let a blended shake sit in the fridge, just drink it straight away!

Feeling much fuller now after downing a ton of liquid with the dinner shake.

Work week will be much easier to manage due to the lack of free time. I’ll post my weight Wednesday morning.

love the title to your thread! it truly is an adventure :slight_smile: looking forward to your results tomorrow!

Thanks! About to head to the gym!

I haven’t felt hunger like this ever before in my life. Cutting my calories in half is crushing on my stomach. The scale better reward me tomorrow…

Down 7 pounds my first week. I’m not surprised and definitely not done. But halfway to my goal is great after one week.

The reason I’m not very surprised is I know a lot of the weight is water and I’ve read a lot of similar 1 week results.

The mirror doesn’t reflect my results yet either! I decided only to take an “after” pic so not post weekly pics.

On to week 2!

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
Down 7 pounds my first week. I’m not surprised and definitely not done. But halfway to my goal is great after one week.

The reason I’m not very surprised is I know a lot of the weight is water and I’ve read a lot of similar 1 week results.

The mirror doesn’t reflect my results yet either! I decided only to take an “after” pic so not post weekly pics.

On to week 2![/quote]

my own thoughts exactly, keep it up. I am starting to see changes for sure into week 2 though, which is encouraging.

Sorry to hear about your lack of a Seattle summer. My good friend in grad school is from Astoria, Oregon and she says she’s gotta tan in the winters to avoid seasonal depression. I’ve been in Texas my whole life so I don’t have a clue what it’s like to freeze my ass off.

Just to make you a little jealous, I did my NEPA shirtless today and got a little burned. It’s 85 and sunny here. Beautiful day.

You bastard. I lived in Houston for 5 months. Loved the golf but hated the low temps in the 80s when I’d get up for work at 430AM.

Pacific Northwest summers are worth waiting for. The entire atmosphere changes…people come out of hibernation, mood, clothing, faces change. I can’t wait to be sporting a 6-pack when summer arrives!

Most definitely. I’m starting a Doctorate in Physical Therapy this summer in San Marcos, but my friend from Oregon keeps telling me about this Beerfest they have like June 28th or something where all the microbreweries come together and showcase their stuff for a weekend. While I’m not about to drown myself in alcohol the whole scene sounds like a really fun time. I’m thinking of heading up there if I can scrape up the money and find the time to escape from school for a weekend.

And I have to agree, walking outside at 6am and sweating profusely by the time you get to your car isn’t always the best feeling.

Oh yeah, the Portland brewer’s fest is one of the best in the country, if not the world. All of the little microbreweries come out. It’s right on the Willamette River in downtown Portland…great scene with good food and always crowded.

It’s in July so the weather is typically money.

I’ll come down and meet you as I’m from Portland and I always have friends working there…(free tokens)!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.