Biotest

Peri and Post Workout Supplements

I’m currently using Surge Recovery and Monster Amino as my peri and post workout shakes.
I’ve used Surge Workout Fuel in the past, and am wondering what the difference is between the Surge protocol and the Plazma/MAG-10.

The basic supplements I stick with are protein, creatine, and amino acids, plus protein/carbs post workout. Yes, I realize that I’m, about 5 years behind the times.

Ha! No worries, Paul.

Think of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 as advanced versions of, and improvements upon, our older workout nutrition formulas. Most people who use Plazma for example never go back to the other stuff.

Plus we now know that while post-workout nutrition is important (Surge Recovery), peri-workout (before, during and after) is even more vital. So Plazma is pre-loaded before training, then another serving or two is used during. We often recommend Mag-10 for post, and we have a discounted stack package available in the store for those that use them in this manner. And you not need Surge Recovery or the other amino acids if you switch to the new supplements.

In short, everything has been ramped up in the new formulas. For example, the protein in Mag-10 and Plazma is comprised of a unique di- and tripeptide complex that’s transported ? unaltered, requiring no further breakdown ? directly into the bloodstream. And the particular di-/tripeptide mixture produces effects in muscle that go far beyond simple amino acids from other protein sources.

Peptide structures ? growth hormone and insulin being examples ? have biological activities beyond regular amino acids. The peptide structures also have biological activities above and beyond regular amino acids, making it a totally different animal. In fact, only 20 grams of protein from Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis, as well as other muscle building and recovery effects, to a far greater degree than what you would get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

Additionally, Mag-10 also contains a special thermic carbohydrate mixture that, in addition to increasing metabolic rate, drives supraphysiologic levels of these di- and tripeptides, as well as other vital nutrients, into the muscle cell.

Thanks Chris.
So I’m planning on getting the Plazma stack, and using Plazma as directed, then the MAG-10 post workout and before bed, just to conserve the finances.
Currently at about 15%bf, so I’m looking to bring that down to sub 10%, and am debating beginning either a German Body Comp program, or a German Volume Training program next.

Any thoughts?

Nothing wrong with those plans, or several others here on T-Nation, though GVT may not pair well with a fat loss plan. However, Plazma and Mag-10 added to it should be fine. GVT was “too much” for many people, but those were the days before advanced workout nutrition was available.

Supplement plan looks solid. You may also want to look into the Reactive Pump plan. Fat loss will mainly be about what you do with the rest of your diet.

Yeah, I have been working on getting my eating habits dialed in.
I’m now at the stage where I’m able to get my carbs from green veggies, and avoid pasta (my big weakness)
My current eating habits look like this:
Breakfast:
Meat and nuts, fish oil, water, greens drink (which I will drop once I start Indigo)
Snack: Handful of cherries or apple or banana
Lunch: Meat and veggies, plus fish oil
Snack: fruit
Dinner: Meat and veggies, plus fish oil

Meat is about 8 oz from bison, grass fed beef, chicken, or turkey (dark meat, can’t stand white)
Veggies are steamed spinach, broccoli, or carrots.

Getting about 2500 calories on training days, and 1800-2000 on non-training days.