Biotest

Percept's V-Diet Log

Hi all,

Today I’m starting the V-diet! Last year, I lost about 35 lbs and have stalled for months on my weight/fat percentage. I can’t seem to change my stats and I’m frustrated, so here we are!

I haven’t taken all my measurements this morning yet, but my workout time is coming up so I will update this post later today.

I do have some questions if someone would be so kind to help me out with…

I’ve been on Indigo-3G for over a month and would like to work that into the diet, when is the best time to take it? 2 servings of Plazma is 76g of carbs and the HSM might be around the same so when would be the best time?

I’ve also been doing the 5/3/1 for 3 cycles now with big but boring sets and some accessory work and I would like to keep it since the rep range seems to be about the same if I add in some ab work. Since this diet is supposed to have enough macros to build muscle, can I keep going with the 5/3/1 workout and have the V-burn on the weekend? I really enjoy the 5/3/1 slow progression with hypertrophy added in.

I do want to add that I’ve been gaining strength on the 5/3/1, so it’s really my macros that I can’t seem to get right so I’m excited about the V-diet so I can have the nutrition on auto-pilot.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Body Measurements Day 1

Weight - 226.1 lbs
Fat Percentage - 26.5%
Neck - 16"
Shoulders - 49"
Chest - 45.5"
Waist - 41"
Hips - 40.5"
Upper arm - 14"
Upper leg - 26"
Calf - 16"

I took the measurements after eating my HSM and workout today. Tonight I’m going out and have to eat the solid meal while I can so I can just pack the shakes in the car.

Also, my weight and % are slightly higher today after eating out yesterday and had ~3.5k calories for the day.

Day 2

Almost forgot to post today! All shakes and HSM eaten for the day. It was pretty uneventful but I was getting very hungry for the HSM around dinner time. I ended up printing the meal list so I can mark off the shakes and flameout as I consume them since I’m not used to this eating style and almost lost count earlier.

Day 3

Shakes were good and eating my HSM slowly helped with the hunger I had by the evening. Looking forward to the HSM really helps with my willpower on the diet. I need to get better at remembering to post before it’s bedtime because all I can think about is sleeping.

Keep it up! I’ve also done 5/3/1 with the diet and had no problems. I didn’t gain any muscle on it but but I made all my lifts and progressed to the next cycle with no problem. I have always eaten my HSM closer to lunch time during the week and I workout at night. I have my last shake after I workout. On weekends, I eat the HSM at dinner with my girlfriend often at a restaurant. I found myself getting too hungry and irritable if I waited until evening for the HSM during the week.

Keep it up! I’ve also done 5/3/1 with the diet and had no problems. I didn’t gain any muscle on it but but I made all my lifts and progressed to the next cycle with no problem. I have always eaten my HSM closer to lunch time during the week and I workout at night. I have my last shake after I workout. On weekends, I eat the HSM at dinner with my girlfriend often at a restaurant. I found myself getting too hungry and irritable if I waited until evening for the HSM during the week.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad it’s not just me that struggles while waiting for the HSM. I’ll have to try eating it at lunch! I do workout in the mornings so that would line up a bit better for me. I’m also trying using Hello Fresh as my HSM source so I can enjoy cooking and eating the food more than some boring recipe I would probably normally stick to.

I completely forgot to post yesterday…

Day 4

I was out most of the day so I packed my shakes and Flameout with me and had no issues. I ended up eating a larger serving for my HSM, but I’m just going to treat that as if I had had another shake so I’m not really worried about it.

On a random note, I noticed that the Superfood in my shake made it a little spicy so that was interesting. I think it might have stuck to the bottom and at the end of the shake had more Superfood flavor than chocolate protein?

Day 5

Today was good, I felt like I had already lost some weight this morning. But I’m not going to weigh myself until each new week. The HSM was better with Hello Fresh and left me more full than previous meals.

It was nice to see that I’m not losing strength on this diet and my accessory work seems to even be improving!

Day 6

Forgot again to post the day of. The hunger is REAL! I ate my HSM earlier in the day and it helped.

Day 7

This morning I weighed myself and was happy to find that my new weight is 221.6. The odd thing was that my fat percentage went up to 26.5%, but I’m not going to put much stock in the scale on that matter.

I woke up late and didn’t have time to take my measurements.

Stick to the label. Before training on days you lift or before the HSM on non-lifting days. Indigo-3G plus Plazma are a solid combo, so let Indigo do its job with the workout nutrition. It stays active in your system for 6-ish hours, so there’ll be some “carryover” benefit if the HSM is around that window anyway.

As long as you don’t run into recovery issues, you should be fine. If you start stalling in fat loss or in strength, consider reducing the training frequency (presuming you’re lifting 4 days a week now) and/or the volume (cut the PR sets, then accessory stuff).

Good call. Bodyfat measurements are nonsense anyway, and anything other than an in-lab setting is basically a guesstimate that’s open to interference. Put more stock into tape measurements and photos, since those are more concrete ways to track improvement.

Chris,

Thanks for the input! I usually work out in the morning and eat the HSM in the evening so I was trying to pick the most effective time, but now I’m going to eat the HSM for lunch and get the best of both worlds.

Day 7

(Didn’t post last night)

I felt lighter after only a week, so the hunger is worth it! I ended up making steak tacos with my girlfriend for the HSM and it was delicious.

I have noticed that it’s harder to get up in the morning and I sometimes feel a bit more sluggish than usual. I imagine it’s the severe caloric deficit.

Day 8

I’ve been sore more than usual, even with reducing the current workout, so I’m going to stop my 5/3/1 and go on the three day workout plan in the diet.

Day 9

I finally tried the strawberry flavored protein…it smelled great but tasted like medicine. I also realized that the super food it’s spicy - it just has a bite to it. The solution to both for me was to have one scoop of strawberry with one scoop of chocolate and the super food. It tasted much better and took the bite out of the super food for me.

Day 10

Nothing eventful to write about other than being behind on a hello fresh meal. I ended up skipping a shake and ate an extra 300 calories for the day.