Biotest

Peanut Flour Bread

I just discovered gourmet peanut flour as a decent replacement for wheat flour in recipes. It’s peanuttier than PB2 and much lower cal than actual peanut butter.

This is a savory bread, perfect for sandwiches:

1 1/3 C peanut flour
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
4 Tbsp coconut oil
4 extra large eggs
1 tsp salt - 1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 C ground flax seeds
Poppy seeds (optional)

Mash cream cheese and coconut oil together. Mix in one egg at a time. Add peanut flour, salt, baking soda and flax. Mix well. Taste batter and add a dash more salt if necessary.

Coat baking tin with coconut oil. Dust with coconut flour or flax Pour batter into tin. Top with poppy seeds (optional). Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.

If cream cheese makes you bloaty, you can swap it out for 8 oz pasture butter, or a small avocado.

Dani. Yes.

Thanks Corst!

[quote]Dani Shugart wrote:
Thanks Corst![/quote]

I think I will be buying some peanut flour very very soon. Never used the stuff, might be a fun change.

If you mix peanut flour with a little water, or almond milk (or heavy whipping cream for a major cheat) you can turn it into a thick peanut buttery paste – still WAY lower cal than peanut butter. I had to stop doing that though. It was too easy to go overboard.

Peanut flour + mashed banana + Metabolic Drive Banana Cream protein + almond milk (combine ingredients and freeze) = Healthed-up peanut butter banana ice cream.

Go wife!

Corst: I had my doubts at first, didn’t think this would work well savory, but I’ve had turkey sandwiches with it. Good stuff.

Oh…that looks gooooooooooooood! How is the density of this bread? I’m wondering as our family makes several of your dishes with almond flour and it’s quite dense - and delicious. That’s what I like about it. Either way, I will try this for sure. You really can’t go wrong with any of the recipes in this forum.

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

I LOVE that kettle bell baby pic you’ve got there.

It’s pretty dense for a bread, so I try to slice it fairly thin. I’m looking for a way to lighten up the recipe without it being too dry.

I love peanut butter and dense chewy breads. Thank you for the recipe! Do you think this would be just as easy to make in small muffin tins to make peanut butter muffins?

Sure, you bet! Just remember to reduce the baking time. Mmmmmm… muffins.

If you wanted to make this into a sweet bread, start with a quarter cup stevia or splenda, and a tsp vanilla extract.

Awesome! You say its a savory bread, but to what extent does the peanut flavor come through? For example, I tried the coconut flour bread once and I couldn’t do it, too bland/coconuty.

Great question! The peanut flavor is very mild once it’s baked, so you can’t really tell that it’s made out of peanut flour.

The milled flax cuts the peanut flavor quite a bit and makes it seem more like a traditional bread. If you’re wanting to bump up the peanut flavor, remove the flax completely. Or just eat some peanuts.

Well that sounds fantastic! I’m still looking for a good low carb bread option. Flax bread is not bad. I’ve bought Jullian Bakery low carb bread, but it tasted way to legit to only have one non-fiber carb. My skepticism alarm went off like crazy.

I’m stealing that term: skepticism alarm. Thank you!

I will sell you the intellectual property rights in exchange for a case of Spikes and a bulk pack of chocolate chunk Metabolic Drive bars every month!

[quote]Dani Shugart wrote:
I LOVE that kettle bell baby pic you’ve got there.

It’s pretty dense for a bread, so I try to slice it fairly thin. I’m looking for a way to lighten up the recipe without it being too dry.[/quote]

Thanks Dani, isn’t he a cutie?

Could I ask what brand of flour that you used in your recipe? I’ve spent almost a week where I am trying to find it and, I swear, we have everything but. Looks like I will have to order online.

A little off-topic but are the guys planning on having the girls back for the boot camp videos again? I can remember eagerly awaiting new video uploads before. So inspiring.

Back on topic, after I finally get to try this bread, I will report back with photos!

Hi Jackie!

I came across the flour online… maybe it was on Pinterest, but I can’t recall the website where I bought it. I’d just google peanut flour. You could probably also use almond flour.

Not sure about the videos, but thanks, that’s awesome to hear!

Let me know how your bread turns out. I just posted a new variation with bananas in it.

Hi Dani!

I tried it with almond flour and it was delicious! Ironically, you now have a banana bread recipe also which makes me chuckle a little. My husband and I both agreed that it was so good and had the texture of a banana bread but without the bananas and how awesome would it be if there were a banana bread recipe.

I’ve been doing a little reading up on the peanut flour and am going to get brave and try to make my own without ending up with nut butter. lol I will try that over the next few days.

No problem. Most of the stuff here is more so geared to the guys so when women are the focus, I jump all over it. You have great ethic and drive and it’s inspiring.

For sure, I will let you know how they all turn out. So far, with almond flour = wonderful!

I’m not sure if I missed it, but did you use light or dark roast peanut flour?

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
I’m not sure if I missed it, but did you use light or dark roast peanut flour?[/quote]

Great question – I recommend the 12% fat, dark roast peanut flour from Byrd Mill. (The smell itself is like catnip to me.)

A lot of fat is removed from this particular peanut flour. Here are the cals/macros listed on the package:

Per 1/4 Cup
calories: 100
Total fat: 3 g
Total carbs: 7 g
Protein: 11

You can also mix it with water or almond milk to make a low fat peanutty paste out of it… and mix it with chocolate Metabolic Drive to make it taste like a low fat, high protein peanut butter cup paste.