Biotest

Peanut Butter

"The Velocity Diet has two main purposes:

1. As the name implies, the Velocity Diet leads to a rapid loss of body fat, anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds in 28 days is common. It does this without the loss of muscle mass.

2. The V-Diet also triggers a permanent change is tastes, cravings, and negative food-related behaviors. Most V-Dieters report a loss of desire for junk foods, fast foods, overly sugary foods, and fried foods, while at the same time developing a newfound love for healthier foods like vegetables. They also develop a new sense of dietary control."

The first point I am ok with however it’s the 2nd issue coupled with peanut butter that I take issue with personally. In my current state, non V Dieting, peanut butter is “there”. Maybe I’ll have it once every two days etc but sometimes I’ll just flip out and eat loads. I would class this as a “negative food-related behavior”. As peanut butter is already on palate it is something I would like to change so I don’t have the problems which is what one of the aims of the V-Diet is.

This leads me onto to the question of whether on the V-Diet I should:

A) Seperate out the portions of PB at the start of the week and keep the jar out of sight/mind

B) Use an alternative like Almond or Hazelnut Butter or Nut oil (eg walnut oil)

Any tips?

Any of your alternatives work. Do what works best for you. You could always take an extra scoop of protein and/or flax seed and just ditch the protein all together. I think some guy here said he liked using omega 3 eggs in place of peanut butter.

I’ll agree though, I could easily eat a jar of peanut butter. If I don’t measure out a serving I’ll definitely underestimate.

[quote]Dolce wrote:
Any of your alternatives work. Do what works best for you. You could always take an extra scoop of protein and/or flax seed and just ditch the protein all together. I think some guy here said he liked using omega 3 eggs in place of peanut butter.

I’ll agree though, I could easily eat a jar of peanut butter. If I don’t measure out a serving I’ll definitely underestimate.[/quote]

Good idea about the eggs and I like the nutrient makeup better of the omega 3 eggs than the pb. I was also thinking about subbing a scoop of protein.

Problem with eggs is that you have to cook them in order for them absorbed in any quantity. Whizzing cooked eggs doesn’t sound nice.

The original V-Diet has no PB. I did the diet without PB.

Yeah but the original diet also only had chocolate and vanilla Metabolic Drive. Chris has said that the diet has changed a little bit and been refined so just roll with the changes and eat your peanut butter :slight_smile:

I made the foolish mistake of buying Jif ‘reduced fat’ peanut butter before I started learning about dieting. Suffice to say, it is now a treat for my dogs.

haha…yeah, that stuff is junk. I’ve really come to love natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt).

[quote]Silent_Bob wrote:
I made the foolish mistake of buying Jif ‘reduced fat’ peanut butter before I started learning about dieting. Suffice to say, it is now a treat for my dogs.[/quote]

LOL

yeah i’m thinkin about dropping the peanut butter myself. it’s just too tasty and tempting.

[quote]Dolce wrote:
yeah i’m thinkin about dropping the peanut butter myself. it’s just too tasty and tempting. [/quote]

No way in hell I’m dropping the peanut butter. It’s the only thing that keeps me sane on this diet.

Natch all the way!

Just to rebump this thread.

I did a little experiment I placed servings of peanut butter in a cup cake dish then placed the dish in the freezer. Whenever I had a serving of PB I took it from the freezer, actually tasted better cold than warm.

I do believe Shugs has said - on a few occasions - that other nut butters (almond specifically comes to mind)are fine substitutes for those with peanut allergies or who simply dislike PB

I was gonna stop using PB as the only stuff I can get over here is pure crap. But then I googled some homemade recipes and realised all i need is nuts, salt and a blender.

:smiley:

I guess this would probably work with other nuts too - time to experiment, I think.