Biotest

Peanut Butter Question

Sorry, but just a quick question if you have a moment on the peanut butter… 1 serving = 1 Tablespoon, is that correct?

Also, I have peanut butter with no additives, suger, etc, etc. But should I have gone for the low fat version, or is that missing the point of the natural fats/oils I need.

Thanks!

1 serving = 2 Tablespoons. And yes, you need regular peanut butter–not the lowfat version.

Think about getting a digital food scale. Not only is it handy for getting rid of any guess work, if you’re serious about staying fit anyway through your life and having a decent diet a food scale does WONDERS.

Like a body scale, when you measure your food and go over your preplanned portion, those little numbers stab you back a lot harder than you can ever imagine. Combined with a food diary, it’s a godly combo.

Thanks folks - 2 Tablespoons! Wow, I thought it was just one, so that is all I have been having. We have a digital food scale, but it doesn’t seem to measure in ‘servings’ as far as I can tell :slight_smile:

please post what brand you are going to get. I bought 2 small jars by Kraft.

I bought Adam’s Old-Fashioned peanut butter. I got Crunchy, because Creamy is for kids and idiots.

[quote]salja03 wrote:
Thanks folks - 2 Tablespoons! Wow, I thought it was just one, so that is all I have been having. We have a digital food scale, but it doesn’t seem to measure in ‘servings’ as far as I can tell :-)[/quote]

It should say the amount of a single serving in grams (g) or ounces on the nutrition label, grams being obviously easier to measure. Whatever works for you though.

Thanks Wilson. I feel more comfortable with the 1 scoop I think, as it really is incredibly dense on Calories looking at the label. I don’t want it to put me over my daily allowance…

do i need to be taking one serving of peanut butter a day? just started the V-Diet

[quote]jagjit.chohan wrote:
do i need to be taking one serving of peanut butter a day? just started the V-Diet[/quote]

Not wanting to sound nasty or anything…but have you actually read through the stickies from Chris Shugart?

I mean how can you have started the diet if you can’t calculate your daily calorie needs?

As for the peanut butter it’s not that you HAVE to have it but I think its been proven to help people and it also helps you to reach your daily calorie need.

[quote]Jumping wrote:
jagjit.chohan wrote:

As for the peanut butter it’s not that you HAVE to have it but I think its been proven to help people and it also helps you to reach your daily calorie need.[/quote]

not sure that either of these really gets at the role of PB in the diet. why don’t we just use tuna, or another calorie-dense food?

the reason to use PB is for its healthy fat profile (plus fiber). this is good for, among other things, regulating hormone production… obviously crucial for controlling body composition…
dan

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
Jumping wrote:
jagjit.chohan wrote:

As for the peanut butter it’s not that you HAVE to have it but I think its been proven to help people and it also helps you to reach your daily calorie need.

not sure that either of these really gets at the role of PB in the diet. why don’t we just use tuna, or another calorie-dense food?

the reason to use PB is for its healthy fat profile (plus fiber). this is good for, among other things, regulating hormone production… obviously crucial for controlling body composition…
dan

[/quote]

Well I know that I will use Peanut Butter when I eventually get round to start this diet, but when Chris Shugart did the diet he didn’t use peanut butter.

So I still stand by my initial post that you don’t HAVE to have it, also if some one is alergic to nuts it doesn’t stop them from doing the Velocity Diet.

I only take one tblspn. around 130 cals per serving keeps me from having two.