Biotest

PB2 & A Giant Peanut Butter Cookie

Actually, it’s just a variation on the bon-bon recipe found here: http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/recipe_sticky_balls

Great dessert last night!

I use PB2 by the way, a powdered peanut butter. Contains a smidge of sugar, but no more carbs than regular natural PB. Worth it for 85% fewer calories. Great for recipes.

PB2

Powdered peanut butter…forgive me, but I am skeptical. How does it taste?

[quote]Weevo wrote:
Powdered peanut butter…forgive me, but I am skeptical. How does it taste?[/quote]

Pretty darn good, just add water and stir.

How would you compare it to Smuckers?

[quote]Weevo wrote:
How would you compare it to Smuckers?[/quote]

Texture is a bit different since there’s only 1.5g of fat instead of 16g, but I was pleasantly surprised. Great way to eat PB with less cals, or as I wrote above, great for recipes.

A scoop of PB2 powder in a Metabolic Drive chocolate shake is awesome.

Yeah - this stuff is good, i had forgotten about PB powder. Thanks Chris!

i bet i could eat that whole thing RIGHT NOW! why do you have to taunt my love for PB while i am weak?

To make you stronger.

Another variation of the bon-bon recipe turned “giant cookie.” Same idea, just flattening the whole dough ball into a cookie instead of rolling it into bon-bons.

This one is made with sunflower seeds and banana Metabolic Drive.

is this version cooked? so did you just replace some of the almond flour with this pb2 stuff?

i can’t wait to try the pb2 with my protein shakes.

[quote]cstephens16 wrote:
is this version cooked? so did you just replace some of the almond flour with this pb2 stuff?

i can’t wait to try the pb2 with my protein shakes. [/quote]

Not cooked. Though that might work if you add baking soda and baking powder to it.

The PB2 is just an addition, about a tablespoon or two.

I love PB2. I add it to vanilla protein shakes and it makes a peanut butter creme shake. Slightly frozen and it tastes better. The cocoa PB2 is also great. It almost tastes like a peanut butter cup, but not as sweet. The only downside is you have to order at least 4 of them at a time.

I live in Canada so shipping for PB2 is an arm and a leg ($31.00 total). I’ll have to see if there’s any local powdered PBs.

[quote]puckhead08 wrote:
The only downside is you have to order at least 4 of them at a time.[/quote]
i dont see that as being a downside at all :smiley: