Biotest

Parmesan Chicken Tenders

Forget fast-food chicken tenders. The chicken is barely definable as meat and the crunchy coating is full of just about everything that can wreck your body: wheat, bad fats, mystery chemicals, etc.

Make them yourself. Here’s how.

[center] Parmesan Chicken Tenders [/center]

Ingredients

1 package of raw chicken tenders/cutlets

1/2 cup almond flour or rice flour, whichever best fits your dietary goals

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1 whole egg or 2 egg whites

Seasonings of choice: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Set up your dredging station. Place the egg into a bowl and whisk. Pour almond or rice flour onto a separate plate and mix in the grated parmesan cheese. Add seasonings and combine.

3. Dip each raw chicken tender into the egg, then into the flour/seasoning mixture, coating evenly. Place cutlets on a baking sheet.

4. Toss into pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes. Flip about halfway through baking time.

5. Since oven time and temp can vary, keep an eye on them. If the bottoms turns golden brown, flip. Remove when juices run clear when poked with a fork.

Variations

For a different flavor, simply make a mixture of your favorite herbs and spices and add to flour/parmesan.

Tip

I like to dredge mine in the morning and set them in the fridge. At night, I just toss them in the oven. Makes dinner prep much faster.

Here’s how mine look in the morning. Pre-made and ready for the oven when I get home from work.

On this day, I had some sweet potatoes pre-sliced and ready to go into the oven too.

This looks so amazing I can’t wait to come back from my weekend holiday to cook it.

Nice! I might try it as well. I have tons of chicken recipes on my paleo cookbook but more recipes the better.

cooklikeacaveman.com/paleo-cookbook-review/

You just can’t have too much recipes on good diets.

these are amazing btw…made these for a gym bunny one night and she literally drooled (2nd best moment of the night…giggity)

Chris, when I cut up regular russet potatoes, put them in a bag and tossed them in the fridge, i noticed they got really dark looking when dinner time came around to take them out. any reason this happens? i’m still eating them lol

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
Chris, when I cut up regular russet potatoes, put them in a bag and tossed them in the fridge, i noticed they got really dark looking when dinner time came around to take them out. any reason this happens? i’m still eating them lol[/quote]

I found some tips here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080706084237AAsT0fF