Biotest

Paleo Challenge and Supplement Advice

T-Nation-
Today I started the Paleo challenge hosted by my crossfit box. Im looking for advice on supps related to my goal of dumping fat and keeping muscle. Here’s my plan.

Workout-per WOD
Workout nutrition-SWF or Plazma and Power Drive
Fatburner-Indigo
Diet-Paleo diet

Is there any reason to make any changes to my stack? Has anyone else done the Paleo Challenge? If so, what was your plan?

The Paleo plan isn’t really no carbs, its low glycemic carbs. No alcohol and other restrictions. I have read articles on the subject that have been posted here. Just looking for feedback.

Nothing wrong with basing your solid food intake around a paleo foundation as long as you’re taking care of workout nutrition with Plazma, Surge Workout Fuel etc.

Remember that Indigo-3G needs carbs to work optimally, so your workout supps will count as part of that, but also don’t shy away from solid food carbs that fit the paleo guidelines. Of course, paleo is all over the place, with some advocates saying that beans and potatoes are off limits and other accepting them, so those food choice will depend on which paleo guru you’re following.

Also, some of them will say that workout nutrition isn’t “paleo” but hey, they can stay small and recover poorly. :slight_smile:

We have article on that, BTW: http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/paleo-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly

Yep, I agree with you, bud. The paleo principles are all over the place. I am following the author of the book It Starts with Food. I wont give up Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel just to be a part of the paleo challenge. There is no way I can make progress in a WOD with honey and apples as my carb source. I have read Dani’s article and it makes a lot of sense, which is why I am going to try some hybrid form of the plan using the supps I outlined.

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

Awesome, keep us posted!

[quote]mmcrath wrote:
Yep, I agree with you, bud. The paleo principles are all over the place. I am following the author of the book It Starts with Food. I wont give up Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel just to be a part of the paleo challenge. There is no way I can make progress in a WOD with honey and apples as my carb source. I have read Dani’s article and it makes a lot of sense, which is why I am going to try some hybrid form of the plan using the supps I outlined.

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.[/quote]

FWIW man ive been doing a similar diet with good results. Ive limited my breakfast and lunch to fats and proteins with green vegetables, a pc of fruit and nut butter about 3 hours before a workout and Plazma + MAG-10 peri-workout. Then after the mag i’ll have a carby meal about an hour later to finish it off.

Thanks, bro
Sounds like good plan. If you’re getting the results you want that’s awesome. Im doing MAG-10 between meals, dropping wine, agava nectar, and other bad habits.

This is a 60 day challenge that ends October 31st so I still have a long way to go.

Eat plenty of rice and potatoes.