Biotest

Overweight Female Challenging to be Healthy

Hi, today is my Day 1 to Velocity Diet. I will not lie that I’m scared. I always doubt myself whether I can finish the program. I never followed any diet/exercise program so it will be very meaningful if I finish this program and see what 100% commitment can get you. September 2010, I did one week of VD (lost 10 pounds) but gained all the weight back and am struggling to even maintain the current wt.
I am new to ST. I only did cardio.

Here’s my stat
Height 5’2"
Weight 172.2 lbs
BF % 37.1
Neck 13.75
Shoulders 39.50
Chest - Upper 40.00
Chest - Lower 35.00
Waist - smallest 36.00
Waist - at largest 43.00
Hips - at largest 41.00
Upper Arm - L 13.00
Upper Arm - R 13.00
Upper Leg - L 25.00
Upper Leg - R 25.00
Lower Leg - L 15.75
Lower Leg - R 15.25
Ankle - L 8.50
Ankle - R 8.50

Welcome aboard!

Now, get angry and get it done.

Any specific Q’s for me, be sure to post them in the “Ask Chris” section so I’ll be sure to see them.

Thank you Chris for welcoming.

I will read “Ask Chris” and will post if I got a new question.

Welcome to the life. You will do great, just take it a day at a time. And just think where you will be in 4 weeks if you quit. The same place you were last week. If you stick with it, in 4 weeks you will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead.

Thanks, Icarus. I am visualizing how I will look after 28 days. It will not be a bikini body but it will be one step close to my dream body.

I got hungry after my 3rd shake. I took HOT-ROX and it took care of the hunger. I think I am not used to a small portion. That is my big problem. I like to eat and a lot of it.
I walked about 3.5 miles today. It was hard(emotionally) just walk not running. I always thought the sweat equal to weight loss. But that didn’t work 'cuz I did aerobic every day and I’m still overweight.
Tomorrow I will do my strength training.

Day 4
I have been okay on drinking shakes. But I can’t sleep as I used to. I have been waking up at 3 AM since I started this diet. So last night I took melatonin at 8pm and went to bed at 9. Got up at 1am but back to sleep right away and got out of bed at 5am. Felt groggy… Maybe I am taking HRX too late(I only take 2 pills a day and 2nd dose at 3:45PM). I will reduce to one dose(@ 2PM) today just for experiment since I am doing okay without it in the morning.
I feel little weak but I take HRX and I’m fine.

Hey there! I’m new here. I started this same journey back in September 2010. I was 195 lbs. I have trimmed down to 170, I’m 6 feet tall. I have added a lot of muscle and dropped a TON of fat and inches. You can do this. I did it and I’m 48 years old. The key for me is my DIET. I can’t stress how important diet is to this process.

I’ll be posting my stats soon. I can train like a son-of-a-gun, but if my diet isn’t right, I’m peeing into the wind. :slight_smile:

Congrats and keep up the good work, it’s so worth the effort!

Welcome to joining VD, AtlantaJJ.
You look great already to me but I’m sure you will look even better after this journey. I am doing VD because I have a problem with my eating too.
Wish you the best.

Thank you “BB” for the kind words, I wish you the best of luck as well, it’s day 5 for me and the cravings are easier, I know it will get easier for you too. The first week I quit smoking sucked (that was my vice and a major one) now 5 mos. later it just sucks less but my sense of smell is uncanny :slight_smile: So 5 mos from now you will know ur way around the weights, be stronger and it will suck less.

After 1 week, I weigh 164.4 lbs(-7.8) as of this morning. I didn’t measure or took the pic. I will do them after my 2nd HSM.
I crave chewing and loved my 1st HSM. I felt my stomach getting full really fast when I ate solid food. Needed to slow down to eat.

I’m losing focus. I don’t get hungry as before VD but I want to eat when I get bored. I cook for my husband and I want to eat. I watch TV and I want to eat. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, it is just torturing. Also, I got on the scale and didn’t like what I saw and got depressed. I just don’t care any more. Even though, I know it would be worse than now if I go back to pre-VD. One more, just one more day…

[quote]BBestUCanB wrote:
I’m losing focus. I don’t get hungry as before VD but I want to eat when I get bored. I cook for my husband and I want to eat. I watch TV and I want to eat. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, it is just torturing. Also, I got on the scale and didn’t like what I saw and got depressed. I just don’t care any more. Even though, I know it would be worse than now if I go back to pre-VD. One more, just one more day…[/quote]

I call this “the grind.” It’s hard, but this is where the magic happens. Now you’re learning the difference between hunger and habit. Not an easy lesson, but a life-long, invaluable one.

And stay off the scale until you’re supposed to weigh. And take measurements as the diet instructs. There are reasons for the rules. You’re breaking them and suffering the consequences.

And no, it’s not torture. The 9-year old girl getting chemo at St. Judes is suffering. You’re just wanting to eat. Cut the self-pity and get strong.

[/tough love]

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
And no, it’s not torture. The 9-year old girl getting chemo at St. Judes is suffering. You’re just wanting to eat. Cut the self-pity and get strong.
[/quote]

So, so right. Speaker named Cavett Robert used to say if everyone in the room could put all their problems in a a pile and take turns choosing a new one, we’d all take back the ones we already had.

I’ll take a tough love. I’ve been a baby lately. I know before I started this diet what I have to do. But when my hormone goes crazy(it’s a girl thing, forgive me if it is TMI), I always get depressed and this month was not any different. I was hoping that the diet would give me a better coping attitude but it didn’t. After all, I just know I’m just a female trying to be healthy…
Well, it seems that my depression is going away since it is getting nice outside(by Friday, it should be high 60’s here). I look forward seeing next 2 more weeks and tell myself ‘I did it’.

Mind over matters.

Stay strong and get thru it. Any updates?

Update: I failed miserably. After 2 weeks into it, I struggled to keep up with the diet and exercise. So I ate and ate. Now I’m 178 pounds. Very depressing… I know I should be strong and just keep my eyes on the prize but didn’t do it. I have all the respect for those who followed the diet and finish it.

So, I am back on the diet as of today. March 28 is a very special day for me. I am shooting to lose about 15 pounds by then. This time, I really need to focus. I am ashamed to announce that I have to start all over again but it is better than just keep gaining wt. Now I have to face your tough love.

To keep me accountable (maybe it was my mistake to not report everyday), I will post everyday, even just one sentence, how I cope with the diet.
Stay tuned…

Can’t believed you quit! And ended up 6lbs heavier than when u started!

Its good your starting again but now you have an extra 6lbs to loose that you didn’t have before.

You need to break your addiction to food, if you ate and ate after you failed you obviously have some control issues and were craving food so badly that you did what you did,

If you start again like you have said you are doing you need to get into the mindset that failure is not an option.

Diets aren’t easy because they are diets.

Today is day 1. 27 left.

Check in everyday and keep motivated!

Now suck it up and get on with it!!!

I will be starting this week too. My stuff should be here in a couple of days. I am 5’2" 158 lbs. Feel free to message back and forth with me about the diet and exercise we can keep each other motivated!

Thank you, amish123. Awesome, now I got a V-Diet buddy. One thing last time I was on V-Diet, I felt really lonely. No one understand how I feel inside about being overweight(no one is overweight in my family)and I chose this diet to stop the cravings and to start a healthy eating habit. They just ask “Why do you have to go so extreme?” All the nagatives…no one was supporting my decision and I was losing my focus as days go.

It will be same as last time because they don’t understand how badly I want to lose fat and be fit. I am upset that I let them win last time. I need to be stronger than them. No one will make me happy. I am the one choose what is good for me.

Day 2 - excited for another day of V-Diet. I haven’t had any shake yet. I will exercise first then drink my shake. I found out that I do better without the shake in my stomach for exercise.

BB…I’m sorry to hear you struggled so much…but like all things we really want you have to acknowledge the “speedbumps” and get back on the horse. You’re doing that so it’s already a step in the right direction. If you really wanted to quit then you could have easily lied and not bucked up to your mistakes…none of us would know the difference.

So it’s now time to be brutally honest with yourself and be held accountable. I fell off my smoking wagon, and it’s going to suck hardcore and I’m gonna be pissed but after 1 week of feeling like shit I bought my patches and have started the quitting process again. Remember we are all on this diet for some reason or another so you will get all the support you need on here.

Our family does’nt understand the “liquid diet” either and we hear “that can’t be good” but that’s being said as they shovel rot-gut mexican into their mouths…so I know what I’m doing is the right thing! Good luck and dig your heels in. We can check in daily as well if you’d like.