Biotest

Overboard on HSM

Last night was my HSM and I went overboard. I ordered shrimp fajitas ate the shrimp and peppers and onions then of course kept picking on my husbands cheese pizza and had a handful of chips. I am so mad at myself I had given it 110% all week and was starting to feel changes. Any advice??? :frowning:

[quote]mb816 wrote:
Last night was my HSM and I went overboard. I ordered shrimp fajitas ate the shrimp and peppers and onions then of course kept picking on my husbands cheese pizza and had a handful of chips. I am so mad at myself I had given it 110% all week and was starting to feel changes. Any advice??? :([/quote]

Self-flagellation.

Or…

New hubby that won’t order pizza and chips in front of you.

Or…

Flagellation of hubby.

No, seriously, there’s nothing that can be done now, though some extra NEPA can reduce the damage (and the guilt) a bit.

Next time make sure you aren’t starved when you have your HSM. I always prefer to have an HSM for a middle meal of the day. That way you have a shake or two in your system already. Never “save” for the HSM by not having a shake or two first (unless your HSM is a breakfast of course.)

That probably wasn’t your problem though. You were just tempted by the bad foods one week into your V-Diet. It usually takes longer than that for the taste/craving changes to kick in, usually around the 21 day point.

Remember, cold turkey tastes best. And you’ll never get those bad habit and food-related behavior changes if you cheat on the HSM. There has to be a “rehab” period of cold turkey for 21 days.

Another idea is to have a half a shake (one scoop) 30 to 60 minutes before your HSM. This will insure that you’re not going into the solid meal too hungry. It’ll take the edge off and make it easier to stick to the rules.

Finally, load up on extra green veggies to really get full. Peppers and onions really weren’t enough.

Overall though, we’re not talking about a binge here, just a slight cheat, so you didn’t “ruin” the diet. But, don’t let it happen again. It’s a slippery slope, so stay strong.