Biotest

OUR His and Hers V-Diet

Change…today it starts. Tired of the do really good, then failure. Tired of the eat something bad and body is just wrecked from the bad foods we’ve just shoveled into our pieholes. Tired of disappointment in our lack of discipline. Today it starts.

Husband and I are both 32 yrs. old. Two great kids to keep us busy and likely do their best to throw a wrench in our V-Diet plans, with all their activities and schedules, but not this time turkeys!!

His measurements-
Height-6 ft. 2 inches
Weight-230
Neck-15 1/2
Shoulders-49
Chest Upper-44 1/2
Chest Lower-39
Waist at Navel-38
Waist at largest-38
Hips at largest-40 1/2
Upper Arm L-15
Upper Arm R-15
Upper Leg L-25 1/2
Upper Leg R-26 1/2
Lower Leg L-16
Lower Leg R-16 1/2
Ankle L-9 1/2
Ankle R-9 1/2

Her measurements-
Height-5 ft. 5 inches
Weight-143
Neck-12
Shoulders-38 3/4
Chest Upper-38 1/2
Chest Lower-32
Waist at Navel-30
Waist at largest-34 1/4
Hips at largest-35
Upper Arm L-13
Upper Arm R-13
Upper Leg L-22
Upper Leg R-22
Lower Leg L-13 1/4
Lower Leg R-13 1/4
Ankle L-7 3/4
Ankle R-8

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

His pic

Welcome and good luck you two!

My husband and I are doing this together as well (but no kids, so we have it easy!!).

You both look like you’ll be super hot parents when this is over. Cool.

Good Luck Guys, welcome to the suck.

Welcome aboard, guys. If you have any questions for me, be sure to post them in the Ask Chris thread so I’ll be sure to see them.

Keep us updated!

I am almost through my first week, and let me tell you it was tough. Stick it out though it is starting to get better.

Good luck and looking forward to sharing success stories!

Be strong through it, remember luck has nothing to do with it. I have to keep asking myself what do I want more that cheeseburger/pizza/any other terrible food or to reach my fitness goals. You two can do it, congrats on taking the plunge.

Day 1 is almost over. Went with intermediate plan on the workout. Early morning workout really didn’t feel like enough but a little sore this evening as I went for my NEPA with the wife and kids.

Little bit of my story, I have been around T-Mag as long as anyone but can’t say I am post much…pretty much a Luddite and proud of it. Actually had a personal phone call from TC one time but that is a story for another day.

I have been lean and not so lean over the past 10+ years. I hit single digit bodyfat a few years back but lost momentum and let it creep back on. Hit my highest number back in December of 2008…248 pounds. Down to 230 using WSFL but I needed to go even further. Never really cared about scale weight, just want to be as lean as possible with good muscle mass. After looking at my pictures I don’t see enough muscle mass but that is rant for another time.

End of day 1, glad to get the first day over with. Got a hunger headache late afternoon, has finally subsided before bedtime. Tried something new tonight, even though it’s only the first day. I have had plenty of protein shakes in my life, apparently not enough. But added enough ice to meal 5 shake that it had ice cream consistency, had to eat it from bowl with spoon. Felt like indulging but it obviously wasn’t. Anyway, good first day. Ready to take on day 2 tomorrow.

[quote]weaktofreak wrote:
End of day 1, glad to get the first day over with. Got a hunger headache late afternoon, has finally subsided before bedtime. Tried something new tonight, even though it’s only the first day. I have had plenty of protein shakes in my life, apparently not enough. But added enough ice to meal 5 shake that it had ice cream consistency, had to eat it from bowl with spoon. Felt like indulging but it obviously wasn’t. Anyway, good first day. Ready to take on day 2 tomorrow.[/quote]

WOW if you created ice cream from the shakes you have a great imagination! When I do that I am spoon feeding myself foul tasting pudding. :wink: keep up the good work!

Day 2 almost in the books. Had some real hunger pain this afternoon. Word of advice, don’t go to the DMV for a driver’s license renewal on Day 2 of V-Diet. Let’s just say waiting in line and being hungry don’t mix. I thought it was ironic that after 45 minutes of waiting all but one of the desk workers went to lunch…I imagined they went to Arby’s or 5 dollar footlonged it.

Read thru some of Shug’s old articles looking for motivation. The theme of “gotta get pissed off” resonated with me. As I mentioned prior, I have already dropped ~25 pounds on Cosgrove’s WSFL this year but started to backslide. Went out to eat with the family on a recent Friday night (I think I notice a theme with Friday’s) and my wife ordered chips and salsa. It pissed me off because I had every intention of eating healthy but when she did this I got upset. No good reason, just knew my internal motivation at that moment was low and I said “screw it” and ordered the pizza and had ice cream later. Completely immature and childish on my part to get upset with her but that was how I released my anger.

I had been “threatening” to do the V-Diet for a month or so and decided that I control my waistline and not what someone orders around me. With that said, I am very happy she is doing this with me, I know the next 26 days will present challenges and we have both agreed we will stick with this thru the end.

Tomorrow its the V-Burn!!!

Completed the V-burn yesterday. It was difficult, even had to take a minute to dismiss that protein shake I had consumed earlier. Husband and I finished in 44 minutes. I had some major weakness last night, but I stayed strong. Went to look at patio furniture after church so had to get the kids some chicken while on the road.

The smell of their food was excrutiating, but we powered through it. So all in all, it was a good day, tough but good. I am already seeing and feeling results so that helps with the motivation to keep on truckin’. I’m very excited to be doing this regardless of the hunger pains and lack of solid food. I couldn’t be doing it without my husband as well.

The two of us have helped the other tremendously in moments of weakness. Husband joked the other day that if our marriage ends in divorce it wouldn’t be due to irreconcilable differences, it would be the V-diet hunger pains that did it:).

Mac_Sledge: I tried WSFL earlier this year but burned out. Nice results on it though!

Nice work on the V-burn, it can take you by suprise how hard it is. I was like ‘yeah, bodyweight exercises… can’t be hard’ and then it kicked me in the ass!

Keep going, at least you’ve got the two of you to keep each other motivated and trust me, it gets easier! Looking forward to seeing some great results!

Completed the V-burn yesterday. It was difficult, even had to take a minute to dismiss that protein shake I had consumed earlier. Husband and I finished in 44 minutes. I had some major weakness last night, but I stayed strong. Went to look at patio furniture after church so had to get the kids some chicken while on the road.

The smell of their food was excrutiating, but we powered through it. So all in all, it was a good day, tough but good. I am already seeing and feeling results so that helps with the motivation to keep on truckin’. I’m very excited to be doing this regardless of the hunger pains and lack of solid food. I couldn’t be doing it without my husband as well.

The two of us have helped the other tremendously in moments of weakness. Husband joked the other day that if our marriage ends in divorce it wouldn’t be due to irreconcilable differences, it would be the V-diet hunger pains that did it:).[/quote]

Congrats on making it through a tough day! Every day’s a challenge in one way or another. I think that’s funny, divorce by vdiet. Some days I get so annoyed at my husband because I say “I just want some friggin’ salad” and he just says “no you don’t”. End of discussion. Funny how well that works!

Holy moly cow! What a weekend. Sunday was a big day, my 3 yr old daughter had her first ballet recital, it was wonderful. The not so wonderful part was both sets of parents and my brother and his family attended then wanted to go eat afterwards. Our HSM wasn’t until Monday night. Talk about excrutiating!!! The smells from those plates on the table, words can’t describe. My husband and I had water and nothing else. Oh we did squeeze some lemon juice in to give it something. We also had not planned our shakes as well, recital lasted longer than we thought so we were also starving through all of this. Will plan better next time for sure. In-laws stayed overnight so still had to entertain and cook normal food for everyone else. But we stuck with the V-diet all the way and got up Monday morning and did our workout together.
After the in-laws went home, yippee!, we sat down and enjoyed every bit of our HSM. I was almost too weak to cook it, but the more I chopped and sliced and stirred, the more excited I got about eating it and the energy was quickly coming back.
As I was taking the pic of our meal to share on the log, the Schwan’s man was ringing our doorbell to deliver an order catalog of unhealthy meals. Ha! Although, the bageldogs were always one of my favorites.
On a side note, I again cannot stress enough how helpful it has been doing this with and alongside my husband. We have encouraged each other and at the end of each day, I get a little kiss and the added words of I am so proud of you. Talk about sweet dreams after that, makes it all seem that much more valid for struggling through this when it brings you and your spouse even closer together.

Day six is today and I am feeling quite well. This week is going to be insanely busy again with kid’s gymnastics, two baseball games, in-law having heart surgery, a garage sale and a wedding, but all that is no match for our determnination and stubborness.

Have a great week v-dieters!

HSM was tilapia, steamed broccoli, long grain wild rice, salad and a strawberries for dessert.

Day 6 almost in the books. NEPA this morning was uneventful, think I need to pick up the pace slightly and probably extend the time from 30 minutes. Felt okay on the food today until later in the evening, my worst time of day for snacking. Had my shake and moved on, will be something I have to watch when I come off the V-Diet.

HSM on Monday really lifted my spirits, food tasted great and really helped. Now I have to wait a full week for my next one so imagine it will be even better.

Mentally shouldn’t have started V-Diet on a Thursday so I decided to reset my workouts to the traditional M-W-F and Sat/Sun. In my constant state of fogginess I didn’t want to think of what day of the week should I be on…

Two more day for the pics and measurements…

I just started as well - Give it all you got!

Wednesday workout was well, on Wednesday (today). No doubt the intensity factor has to be ramped up to make these workouts effective. I think I originally looked at a piece of paper and completely underestimated how hard you can make them and how much your heart rate and sweat factor can kick in.

I would suggest those who don’t feel they are pretty taxing to push it even harder. No doubt the reduction in calories are kicking in and I do feel tired but its not a consistent tired, sort of comes and goes throughout the day.

Missed my morning shake today due to work meetings but will get back on track before the end of the day.

Picture and measurement day is tomorrow.

On a side note, I again cannot stress enough how helpful it has been doing this with and alongside my husband. We have encouraged each other and at the end of each day, I get a little kiss and the added words of I am so proud of you. Talk about sweet dreams after that, makes it all seem that much more valid for struggling through this when it brings you and your spouse even closer together.[/quote]

That is awesome! Keep it up, guys!