Biotest

Oskar's V-Diet Log

Hi there,

First day on the V-Diet today, morning shake down and so far so good. Feeling pretty psyched about doing this! So here are the starting stats:

Gender Male
Age 35
Height 6 ft 2 in
Weight 207.6
Neck 15.5
Shoulders 46
Chest - Upper 43.5
Chest - Lower 37.5
Waist - at Navel 38
Waist - at largest 38.5
Hips - at largest 41
Upper Arm - L 14.5
Upper Arm - R 14.5
Upper Leg - L 24
Upper Leg - R 24
Lower Leg - L 14.7
Lower Leg - R 15
Ankle - L 9.5
Ankle - R 9.5

A few words on motivation â?? last summer was kind of a low point for me health-wise â?? I had worked too much, eaten badly, not worked out enough, and it was starting to show around my waistline. At some point I picked up Bill Phillips Body for Life (I know, itâ??s lame.) and just decided that I can better for my health, my body and my family than I was up to that point. I have a wonderful family (wife and 3 year old son) I want to be able play and run around with the kid without feeling like an old stiff geezer.

So I started reading up on lifting (e.g. Rippetoe â?? Starting Strength, Cressey â?? Maximum Strength, T-Nation etc…) and training accordingly. So in short Iâ??ve been training and eating healthy for about a year. Iâ??ve gained some strength and flexibility already during the past year, but I know its a journey and this next 4-6 weeks will be an important milestone…

Looking forward to feedback / ass-whopping as needed!!

Kids (in my case grand kids) are great motivators! Cant wait to see your progress.

[quote]narives wrote:
Kids (in my case grand kids) are great motivators! Cant wait to see your progress. [/quote]

Thanks Narives! Hoping I’ll be doing front squats still when I’ve got grandkids as well :wink:

Front

Side

Back

your base looks solid man, good luck to you, keep posting!

[quote]dshroy wrote:
your base looks solid man, good luck to you, keep posting![/quote]

Agreed. If you stick with this the results will definitely show for ya.

Best of luck man. You can do this!

[quote]ZGrant wrote:
dshroy wrote:
your base looks solid man, good luck to you, keep posting!

Agreed. If you stick with this the results will definitely show for ya.

Best of luck man. You can do this![/quote]

Thanks guys! End of day 1 - sure I can do this…

OK - first workout done today as well - felt pretty good, though a bit of queasiness in the stomach before starting (don’t know why).

Some comments on my training:

1. I’m working out at home ( I have a power rack), so I don’t have any-one to spot or hand me weights.
  2. I don’t have very heavy DB’s so I’m having to do some stuff w/ the BB instead of DBs.
  3. I’m doing both the weights and NEPA in my Vibram’s.

Front squat @ 195 lbs: 6,5,5,4
Chin-up bw plus 25 lbs: 5,4,3,3,2,2,1
Barbell bench @ 195 lbs: 8,4,3,3,2 (went a bit overboard there on the first set…)
Ab wheel roll-out: 7,7,6

OK, time to hit the sack.

Second day gone - I’m starting to miss solids… Shakes are going down ok still though, and I’ve not been hungry really.

hey man good workout, don’t worry about going overboard on that first set, i think that is a real key to success in this diet, your reps really should drop down after the 2nd or 3rd set, thats how you know your working your ass off. I know what you mean about missing solids, don’t worry man tough through it. your going to be making some lifetime habit changes so it is gonna be tough at times, not gonna lie, but that is what makes this worth doing.

I think you are the only one who started the V-Diet at the same time as me. I’ll be following along and good luck!!

My stomach didn’t feel too great after the workout and I’m pretty sure it is because of the workout.

[quote]marycler wrote:
I think you are the only one who started the V-Diet at the same time as me. I’ll be following along and good luck!!

My stomach didn’t feel too great after the workout and I’m pretty sure it is because of the workout.[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah, somehow I’ve been a bit queasy especially around mid to afternoon, but it’s better in the morning and evening. I guess it’s ‘part of the program’…

[quote]dshroy wrote:
hey man good workout, don’t worry about going overboard on that first set, i think that is a real key to success in this diet, your reps really should drop down after the 2nd or 3rd set, thats how you know your working your ass off. I know what you mean about missing solids, don’t worry man tough through it. your going to be making some lifetime habit changes so it is gonna be tough at times, not gonna lie, but that is what makes this worth doing.[/quote]

I hear you…

I’ve been eating eggs and egg-whites for breakfast the past 6 months or so, and today on the NEPA I just started smiling just thinking about when I can go back to eating that. I suppose it’s that you start to appreciate what you have, when you don’t have it.

So day 3 coming to a close - workout today felt OK, though that first set of reverse lunges was killer…

reverse lunge, 63 lbs db’s: 10,9,9,7,5
Bent over BB row, 135 lbs: 9,8,7,5,5,4,2
DB Push press, 2x53 lbs: 11,9,8,7,5
Barbell curl, 75lbs: 9,8,7,5,4,4,4
reverse crunch: 10,10,10,10

This feels like a good diet in many ways - it’s funny how I feel in control doing this, even though I’m following exactly the directions of some-one else. There must be a little monk-part in me…

Good nite folks!

Day 5, both a work-out done and HSM today… HSM was a bit unplanned, (rib-eye - cut out the fat, sweet potato, salad) and slightly underwhelming to be honest. Maybe my expectations were too high, who knows. Well, next one will be better… Dang.

Workout today:
Dead-lift @ 255 lbs: 11,8,6,4,4,4,3
Decline bench @ 185 lbs: 9,7,5,4,4,3,3,3,2
Pull-up, bodyweight: 8,5,4,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
Hand-walkout, toes: 10,10,10,10

O.

Nice work on those pull ups. Grinding out sets of 3 with your body weight is much more productive, in my opinion, than going over to the pull down machine.

agree with jeff, absolutely. good work man. very solid.

[quote]jeffthemaximum wrote:
Nice work on those pull ups. Grinding out sets of 3 with your body weight is much more productive, in my opinion, than going over to the pull down machine.[/quote]

Thanks jeff - I felt it in my lats still today… just a bit worried about those shorter rest periods coming up, whoever came up with that stop-clock idea had a bit of a sadist in them :wink: