Biotest

One MILF's Bikini Battle

I’m a 35 year old single mom of 3 kids aged 9,9 & 5 (yea twins) I work and shuttle my mini-athletes around town for their 12 hours of practice per week and then spend the weekends at tournaments and games. My excuse for not working out and gaining 20lbs over the 6 months since I went back to work (after being a stay at home mom for 9 years) was that I couldnt figure out how to fit it all in.

Its a legitimate excuse but I have figured it out. I dropped the 20lbs since January and now that I am at the weight I was at when I was 16, with less muscle. Im fine with the weight. This is not about a number on a scale or inside a pair of pants, its about conquering something that has been bringing me pain for over a decade.

So this is so much more than a diet for me. Its truly is a battle. My entire young life was spent being a competitive swimmer, living in a bathing suit. However, I have to force myself to even put one on to swim in the lake when its 100* out. I have been an athlete my whole life, swimming, tennis, basketball & lacrosse. If I could win, I would participate. I am still a competitive tennis player and am mid season which isnt a great time to do the V-Diet, but I will use it as my Nepa.

The other part of the battle is that dating has been stressful. I was having tons of fun dating up to 5 guys at once until I did the worst thing (lol)… I slept with one of them. BEST SEX OF MY LIFE!!! He told me about him doing the V-Diet and I saw the proof. His body is amazing. Then went out with him and slept with him again. 4 days later I find out that he is going to Puerto Rico with… you couldnt script this… a bikini model.

The ONE thing that causes me the most pain, the one thing I cannot compete with. And this coming from the most competitive person I have ever met, myself! I am confident with everything about myself except being in a bathing suit. So… here I am. Im going to burn off this fat and wear a bikini for the first time since 1991. I have a girlfriend who is a photographer and she is taking ‘boudoir’ photos of me in a few weeks. So, I have decided that lingerie model trumps bikini model. :slight_smile: Did I mention that I am competitive?

After the V-Diet, Im having a mini-tummy tuck to remove the skin from my twin pregnancy. Its gross. My exhusband told people that he left me because I hit 200lbs. I was like, um but I had 2 people inside of me at the time asshole. I spent 17 weeks on bedrest with my twin pregnancy and thats when my body composition changed. I was always toned until the muscle atrophy set in and I havent reversed it until now.

My best friend is doing this V-Diet with me. He had 35lbs to lose and has lost 25 of them so far. That is some friend to give up food for a month with me! I love that about him.

I have a strange relationship with food. Im not the typical woman who is an emotional eater. I dont even really enjoy eating that much. I have insulin resisitance so I cant eat a lot of carbs anyway. But I also have aversions with textures and have been known to gag and throw up while eating/drinking and brushing my teeth.

So I am totally excited to get this started. I admit that I am freaking about getting the shakes down. But I am diving in and ready to melt the fat that is making me crazy.

I will get the measurements and pictures up asap!

height: 5’10"
weight: 149 lbs
BMI: 21.5
% body fat: unknown, will find out before Friday
neck: 11.5
shoulders: 39.5
upper chest: 32.5
lower chest under boobs: 31
thinnest part of waist: 26
waist at belly button: 28
under belly button: 32
hips: 39.5
upper arm: 12.25
upper thigh at biggest part: 23.25
calf at widest part: 13.5
ankle: 9

Welcome aboard!

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
I am still a competitive tennis player and am mid season which isnt a great time to do the V-diet, but I will use it as my Nepa. [/quote]

Careful there. Many people “plan” to keep doing sports but soon understand why it’s a bad idea once they get started on the V-Diet. I suggest against it, or waiting until off season.

No worries. The mirror, pics, and the tape measure are all much more important (and accurate) than body fat percentage.

Welcome ringer2u :wink: you picked a great challenge to jumpstart you to getting back into the best shape of your life. Keep us updated so we can follow along this bumpy but rewarding ride!

Lisa

Thanks Chris for the welcome. It had been my intention to wait until the tennis season was over, thus me reading here for 10 days already but looking at when I could start, I couldnt find more than 3 weeks that I could do it. I play tennis year round, even in the freezing temps. I do have 2 weeks off from dual meets so thats what made Friday my start day!

I figure I will only have 2 matches during the actual diet part and a couple during transition. Im also playing at a lower level than my rank right now so its not nearly as taxing as it will be once summer gets here and Im back playing with the big boys and girls.

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Welcome ringer2u :wink: you picked a great challenge to jumpstart you to getting back into the best shape of your life. Keep us updated so we can follow along this bumpy but rewarding ride!

Lisa[/quote]

Thanks Lisa,
I have been following your blog for the last 10 days and you have inspired me to get it done. That and Xray girl. I hope shes ok. I felt terrible for her.

Sara aka ringer

Welcome to the V-Diet. Based on your measurements…I’m kinda scared to see just how thin you are at 5’10". With that said…what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and the asshole that ran off with a bikini model…um, well, dontcha think you and your children are better off learning that now?

Try to see how the negative in your life has helped you avoid a lot of frustrating/horrible future times! Besides, it’s possible that you have a thousand better qualities than the bikini model and he wasn’t man enough to appreciate all of them! Be the athletic, smart, strong woman you are and take control of how you let yourself react to bad things in life! :slight_smile:

Your buddy is an absolute gem for doing this with you and it’s going to make the whole process that much more comfortable.

Keep us posted!

Hey Ringer! Welcome to the V-Diet forum! There are lots of great people on these boards, and we will all help you get through the tough times! Sounds like you’ve got some great motivations for getting into terrific shape. There’s nothing wrong with being competitive! It helps many of us get through this thing.

I’m excited to see how you progress! Keep us all posted!

Penny

[quote]tpodgorak wrote:
Welcome to the V-Diet. Based on your measurements…I’m kinda scared to see just how thin you are at 5’10". With that said…what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and the asshole that ran off with a bikini model…um, well, dontcha think you and your children are better off learning that now?

Try to see how the negative in your life has helped you avoid a lot of frustrating/horrible future times! Besides, it’s possible that you have a thousand better qualities than the bikini model and he wasn’t man enough to appreciate all of them! Be the athletic, smart, strong woman you are and take control of how you let yourself react to bad things in life! :slight_smile:

Your buddy is an absolute gem for doing this with you and it’s going to make the whole process that much more comfortable.

Keep us posted![/quote]

Haha, skinny fat is all I am. I look cute in my clothes but out of them… not so much. My bff is coming over tonight to take the pictures. Must go buy a bikini first. That ought to be fun and completely painful. Ugh, even the thought turns my stomach.

The guy really isn’t an asshole. Just had plans with this girl before he met me, ya know the super-cool-hot-soccer-mom that I am and he hasn’t realized the error of his ways. But he’s by far not the only hot single dad in my world, but damn that was some good lovin!

Don’t do it for the A-hole, do it for yourself - you’ll feel a lot better about it…

[quote]STILLERS wrote:
Don’t do it for the A-hole, do it for yourself - you’ll feel a lot better about it… [/quote]

First of all, I’m so not doing anything for the ahole. Or any A hole for that matter. Did you read what I wrote? This has been bothering me since spending 4 months in bed took all of muscle tone away. Im certainly not drinking shakes for a month so that some dude would sleep with me again.

Everything happens for a reason and Im certain that the reason I met him, slept with him and got rejected by him was the kick in the ass that I needed to tackle this last hurdle in my life. My life has been one challenge after another and Ive kicked all of their asses and this will just be another thing that I conquer.

im excited 4 your transformation…as a single dad its a bit harder to do then the college students who can go to the gym at 1030 at night…

keep your chin up!

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
tpodgorak wrote:

Keep us posted!

Haha, skinny fat is all I am. I look cute in my clothes but out of them… not so much. My bff is coming over tonight to take the pictures. Must go buy a bikini first. That ought to be fun and completely painful. Ugh, even the thought turns my stomach.

The guy really isn’t an asshole. Just had plans with this girl before he met me, ya know the super-cool-hot-soccer-mom that I am and he hasn’t realized the error of his ways. But he’s by far not the only hot single dad in my world, but damn that was some good lovin![/quote]

Oh the lovin’…you’ll have to let me know how you do with that the first few weeks of the diet. An orgasm was as exhausting as a hour game of one-on-one basketball for me! I can respect the force behind the best sex ever motivator. My good luck to you in all this will be for even hotter sex by the end of all this! :slight_smile:

To be honest, I read what you wrote and I interpreted the same way the STILLERS did. He/She was trying to offer you some support, and you ask if he’s “read what I wrote?”. Well, you wrote about having sex with him (which really has nothing to do with why you say you are doing this in your follow up below), and you made the comment about “not giving up easily”. Could be a common problem about how people interpret written words, but Stillers was trying to be supportive. Anyways, best of luck to you in your quest and

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
STILLERS wrote:
Don’t do it for the A-hole, do it for yourself - you’ll feel a lot better about it…

First of all, I’m so not doing anything for the ahole. Or any A hole for that matter. Did you read what I wrote? This has been bothering me since spending 4 months in bed took all of muscle tone away. Im certainly not drinking shakes for a month so that some dude would sleep with me again.

Everything happens for a reason and Im certain that the reason I met him, slept with him and got rejected by him was the kick in the ass that I needed to tackle this last hurdle in my life. My life has been one challenge after another and Ive kicked all of their asses and this will just be another thing that I conquer.
[/quote]

BiggerThanU, Thanks for the note. It is very challenging to fit gym time in. I can walk to my gym, its the leaving the 5 year old in her brothers’ care which is the hard part! How do you fit in the time?

Tpod, OK OK OK you have me intrigued now.

Thanks for you post Ken, Stillers knows how competitive I am and hopefully gets my tone.

a

A little awkward asking my 9 year old son to take a picture of me in a bra and panties so I had to go with clothes :slight_smile: He still thought is was a little strange to do, but it was 6:30 this morning, hopefully his retnas will stop burning sometime before math class.

So T-1 day. Dropped the 3 lb PMS water weight so my starting weight is 146. I didnt bother to redo the measurements though.

Off to my last normal tennis match… in the rain… loads of fun. A bad day of tennis is better than any day at work so thats a positive!

Congrats on your resolve. You’ve come to the right place for support and info and I see you’ve got the attention of Mr. Shugart which is a definite positive. Judging fron your pics you are not far from what I gather as your goals. With the attitude and passion you seem to have for this undertaking I have no doubt you will succeed. As a single mother you have my upmost respect and admiration and I wish you well.

keep on keepin on