Biotest

On Travelin'

I’m going to be traveling in awhile.

Do you have any tips or best practices?

I usually feel like shit on days that I’ve flown in the past, perhaps due to the “food” that’s available and that they don’t let you bring much in with you.

I’m thinking about just shipping some stuff to my location, rather than lugging it with me.

I figure I should be able to find 2 HSM’s a day and Pulse my way through any screw-ups.

[quote]reactiontm wrote:
I’m going to be traveling in awhile.

Do you have any tips or best practices?

I usually feel like shit on days that I’ve flown in the past, perhaps due to the “food” that’s available and that they don’t let you bring much in with you.

I’m thinking about just shipping some stuff to my location, rather than lugging it with me.

I figure I should be able to find 2 HSM’s a day and Pulse my way through any screw-ups.
[/quote]

Just to be clear, are you on the V-Diet, or just speaking generally about keeping it clean while traveling?

For travel in general, I like to Pulse Fast or Pulse Feast on flying days. You can pack your MAG-10 in a baggie and a bottle of the Liquid Flavoring System has always made it through security (for me at least.) Sometimes I’ll even toss a cup and spoon or shaker in my carry-on. Those smaller-sized Blender Bottles are good for this. Then, after you make it through security, all you need is a bottle or two of water.

The Pulse Feast is nice for flying day too. Pulse drinks while flying and running through airports, then feast when you arrive.

If I don’t do that, I just pack baggies of nuts and Metabolic Drive bars. Easy enough. If any supplements are needed during travel, I forgo the bottles and just make-up one big sandwich baggie. If using Biotest supps, just about every capsule looks different so this is easy to do.

Same rules can apply with the V-Diet or just shakes in general. Pack baggies of protein powder, a shake bottle, then buy water once security is finished touching your junk.

If you’d rather blend your shakes with ice and have the room in your checked luggage, a small travel blender can be had for about $20. I like this model:

These are nice when staying at a hotel for a week or more. I sometimes do a V-Diet “Lite” in those cases: shakes all day, one HSM in the evening. Cheap eatin’ too compared to always going to restaurants.

Hope that helps.

If your hotel room doesn’t have a mini-fridge, ask for one. Frequently, they have them on request. I’ve noticed that some of the nicer hotels like the Four Seasons won’t have them in the room - apparently it looks tacky?

Commit to finding a grocery store when you get there so you can buy some fresh food.

I wondered if flying with baggies of protein powder would be a red flag - as in let’s strip search her and bring in the dogs - but the airport security people don’t even bat an eye. They must see us all the time!