Biotest

Olympic Lifting and Micro PA

I’ve been running through the different training regimens recommended for MicroPA and I’m wondering if a traditional olympic lifting type program would still reap the benefits of PA? (I’m assuming maybe based off other topics and recommended rep ranges). By traditional template, I mean something like the following:

A) Snatch up to daily 1rm, back off 3x2@80%
B) Back Squat 5x3
C) clean pulls 4x6 @100%
D) OH Press/GHD/something along these lines

Thanks for the help!

[quote]ml88 wrote:
I’ve been running through the different training regimens recommended for MicroPA and I’m wondering if a traditional olympic lifting type program would still reap the benefits of PA? (I’m assuming maybe based off other topics and recommended rep ranges). By traditional template, I mean something like the following:

A) Snatch up to daily 1rm, back off 3x2@80%
B) Back Squat 5x3
C) clean pulls 4x6 @100%
D) OH Press/GHD/something along these lines

Thanks for the help![/quote]

I’m doing a lot of olympic lifting in my own training and it does help. Honestly since Micro-PA works by amplifying the mTor response the main effect we are after with this product is related to muscle mass increase. Which is not the main adaptive response to that type of training. HOWEVER any lifting based on strength will greatly benefit from anything that will increase protein synthesis… don’t forget that muscle recovery and muscle-building is the same process. A product that has a profound effect on protein synthesis like Micro-PA will thus make the muscles recover faster from the heavy lifting, allowing you to handle more volume and frequency; two elements that are very important for olympic lifting performance.

Thanks for the input CT. Just ordered a bottle today. Going to check any recovery impact. Appreciate the advice.