Biotest

Old V-Diet Help

Thanks in advance for reading my post and would like anyone with information to chime in!

I have a question regarding the new V-Diet and 513.00 dollar price tag I hit when I put in my stats. I am not a newcomer to the V-Diet, I made the commitment 2 years and some odd months back and had the biggest and best transformation I had ever seen. The thing I had notice are all of the supplements that have to be purchased to do the new 3.0 diet. When I were doing the diet I believe I ate alot of low carb shakes, flax seed, fish oil, HOT-ROX and a few other products I had bought at a health food store but don’t recall exactly what they were. Now don’t get me wrong, I am sure all the new products have a vital part in the new diet and would give better results then the 1st v-diet, but I am a laid off Boilermaker and due to this economy and very few jobs I get to work, plain and simply can not afford 500 dollars in supplements.

So my question is: can you put together the old V-Diet for the guys that don’t have the money to purchase in supplements? Or point me to the old V-Diet articles?

Early versions of the V-Diet didn’t have Superfood or leucine, and used generic fish oil capsules.

As for cost, keep in mind that the supplements replace all but 4 meals for a full month, so most people break close to even since they’re not buying groceries, going to restaurants, drinking alcohol etc.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Early versions of the V-Diet didn’t have Superfood or leucine, and used generic fish oil capsules.

As for cost, keep in mind that the supplements replace all but 4 meals for a full month, so most people break close to even since they’re not buying groceries, going to restaurants, drinking alcohol etc. [/quote]

I spend less then 200 dollars a month on groceries, I don’t drink, and do not go out to eat… Like i was saying im laid off and I have to watch every penny.

I remember maybe spending 200 dollers on this diet last time. So, I guess my new question would be…

Is there a way to do the v-diet with out spending 500 dollars in supplements, like version 1?

My recommendation would be to drop everything - Leucine, CLA, HOT-ROX, Superfood, Surge - and use the protein only. Results may be less than ideal, but the Protein is the essence of the diet.

[quote]DAVIS406 wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

As for cost, keep in mind that the supplements replace all but 4 meals for a full month, so most people break close to even since they’re not buying groceries, going to restaurants, drinking alcohol etc. [/quote]

I spend less then 200 dollars a month on groceries, I don’t drink, and do not go out to eat… Like i was saying im laid off and I have to watch every penny.

I remember maybe spending 200 dollers on this diet last time. So, I guess my new question would be…

Is there a way to do the v-diet with out spending 500 dollars in supplements, like version 1?

[/quote]

Protein prices have gone up across the industry due to cost of raw ingredients. I do not suggest trying the V-Diet with an inferior protein source or a plain whey (those who do usually fail the diet or get poor results).

Also, I don’t like to suggest people do half-way versions of the diet because I want them to get the best results. You could drop the Superfood and perhaps the leucine (though I do think it increases the muscle protectant qualities of the plan). Anything more than that and, well, you’re not on a the V-Diet really, just drinking protein instead of eating. If that’s fine with you, go for it. If you want the best results, wait until you can do the full plan or something close to it.

Cut your monthly grocery expense $50 for 6 months, then go for it.